Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Dallas fall guy?

BillyKilmer

Who will be the Dallas fall guy?

Regardless of the fact that Dallas’s troubles can be directly linked to owner Jerry Jones someone is going to need to be sacrificed on the altar of public opinion

Lets look at what sheep jerry may offer up

Wade Phillips lots of the teams’ lack of discipline can easily be laid at the feet of Jerry’s favorite sock puppet. He is supposed to be such a great Defensive mind yet his team allowed more points then any other NFC east team.

Jason Garrett everyone’s favorite last season now could be made to answer for a team that served more turnovers then a local McDonalds. Perhaps his abandonment of the running game is enough to make Richie Cunningham a offseason causality

Tony Romo sits to pee last years MVP candidate played so poorly at times this season that tr1was being tested for genetic links to Nostradamus. Romo sits to pee is becoming a tragically flawed hero time after time when Dallas needs his to come thru he collapses be it in Seattle, at home against the Giants or yesterday in Philadelphia and post game in the shower.

Terrell Owens the attention whore whose constant back biting ratcheted up the teams drama factor into a primetime must see TV. Arguably the most talented WR since Jerry Rice Owens has destroyed three teams now the only difference with the others is they cut out the cancer. Jerry could make #81 a fall guy now that the cowboys traded three picks for RW11 and few people could disagree.

:dallasuckAs a well known Cowboy hater I hope he does what he has been quoted as saying “Keep this group together”

But that said I think as off season pressures will make Jerry reach for a knife

He will cut the cords with…………… TO

It is a lot easier sell then those high priced new stadium tickets. Dallas fans want blood and in the End I think it will be TO’s

Now that Wade is back to being the defacto defensive coordinator, the defense has improved...to only giving up big plays. That's an improvement.

No, alas, Garrett will take a lot of heat...more than what his prima donna players have already dished out...and remain.

Look for Jerruh to bring in some qbs.

Too bad Pennington is taken.

The only reason Wade isn't going to be fired (I still am not sold on this) is because most of the reasons are Jerry's fault and everyone knows it.

The only reason Garrett isn't going to be fired (and he should be) is because Jerry staked his reputation (:laugh:) and money on him being the next golden boy coach.

The only reason TO won't be gone is because he is in BigD because of Jerry and is the reason Tuna and the boys aren't in town any more. They instead are readying for the playoffs.

The only reason the GM won't be fired (and he should be) is it's Jerry.

As you can see the commonality is Jerry sticking his hands too much into the team. They can't just hire a GM and make things better because Jerry will never be able to relinquish the role or the power-they'd be a puppet GM (hello Barry Switzer).

Since someone has to be fired, my guess is OL coach Hudson Houck takes the first hit. That said I am still not sold on Wade sticking in Dallas.

The only reason Wade isn't going to be fired (I still am not sold on this) is because most of the reasons are Jerry's fault and everyone knows it.

The only reason Garrett isn't going to be fired (and he should be) is because Jerry staked his reputation (:laugh:) and money on him being the next golden boy coach.

The only reason TO won't be gone is because he is in BigD because of Jerry and is the reason Tuna and the boys aren't in town any more. They instead are readying for the playoffs.

The only reason the GM won't be fired (and he should be) is it's Jerry.

As you can see the commonality is Jerry sticking his hands too much into the team. They can't just hire a GM and make things better because Jerry will never be able to relinquish the role or the power-they'd be a puppet GM (hello Barry Switzer).

Since someone has to be fired, my guess is OL coach Hudson Houck takes the first hit. That said I am still not sold on Wade sticking in Dallas.

Well said the best things the Redskins have going for them in Dallas is Jerry

Wade will be the fall guy.

But we know the real reason this team can't get over the hump ... lack of discipline. Why was Jimmy so good? Disciplined his guys. This is a very deep and talented team. But until they realize that it's not a "Me" game they will settle for 9-7, 10-6 seasons

That is not a church you are in, it is a sand dune. :D

I think Jerruh painted himself into a corner by firmly stating that Wade is staying (THANK GOD!!! :)). He can't give up on Garrett because he can't own up to the fact that he didn't find the next young mastermind (BTW, how stupid is Garrett for returning to Dallas after getting offered, what was it, 2 head coaching gigs after last season? And both teams made the playoffs :laugh:).

Nor can he whack any big bonus babies - PacMan has to be gone, but the core will stay as is. He would lose an incredible amount of face if he cut loose someone like TO.

Stewart is my pick. Maybe Houck, especially after Romo sits to pee panned the pass protection schemes. JJ can't be stupid enough to maintain the status quo.

Can he???? :laugh:

Archived