Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to Jason Campbell

Rskins91

I mean if you watch the games, it kinda seems like our guys dont get separation to get open and when they do they drop the ball. Granted sometimes Campbell makes a bad throw. Your point is that cause is doesnt throw TD passes he sucks. Well, he doesnt call the plays, Zorn does. You dont set up a screen ever other play, mixed in with a curl. Campbell's numbers are a combination of the really bad play calling and some bad choice by Campbell. This team has bigger problems then Campbell, i.e. Jon Jansen getting abused again.

If you want him to throw it deep sure, but whenever they set up a deep pass, SF was ready for it. And had it not been for JC's legs the score wouldnt have been 24-24.

And dont say that if Campbell played better, the score wouldnt have been as close cause once the second half started Zorn went conservative.

The idea that people have that they know what play was called, if it was a deep pass or not is just silly. Most pass plays have deep options, middle options and short options. It's up to Jason to find the deep guy. It's also on Jason to "look off" the coverage to help receivers get open. It's his job to buy time with his legs if need be. And to change plays to get out of bad ones and ones that will work.

Do you think you know which plays he changed? Which receivers were his first second or third options?

Bottom line is we are all clueless. None of us is qualified. None of us has an inside scoop.

What we can do is watch Campbell make less plays than the majority of quarterbacks. We can see when he lacks the decision making capability to throw a ball out of bounds and wonder how a third year QB can make such a basic mistake.

Do u know the game of football? :doh: Cause u must be blind if u think JC is the worst QB in the NFL.

do u know the game of football? cause u must be blind if u think JC isnt one of the worst starting QB in the nfl. i could do that too.

by the way, i said one of the worst STARTING QB.... and even 2nd and 3rd stringers like for example, s hill today has 12 TDs, same as campbell but Hill only played 8 games.

campbell when it comes down to it, is in the bottom tier of QBs that are usually no names, off the bench QBs.

nah, how about just be like thigpen, or orton, or garrard, or flacco, ryan.. who all have thrown more TDs or even freaking s hill who has thrown 12 TDs, same as campbell with a new interim head coach playing only 8 games this yr. huh, how about that huh buddy? then we "campbell haters" might stopping hating. hows that?

Keep in mind the Niners have Mike Martz as their OC, who despises the run & never saw a pass play he didn't like. I don't mind how the Skins score TD's, just score them. On that level you can place some of the blame on JC. Marino, Moon, & Fouts have a ton of TD's, but no jewelry, so I think most stats are overrated when it comes to football. Without referring to actual numbers, I'm sure the ATL/BALT Offenses have a commitment to a power running game, which is the best friend a defense & young QB could ever have. If you watch the Ravens and Falcons they do not depend on their Young QBs to win games for them. They get behind the ground game & stay with it. Does anybody remember the Skins/Ravens game where they ran the ball 10 straight times before Flacco threw a pass? Can the Skins do that? How many TD's does Turner have for the ATL? You're telling me Ryan is responsible for that? By the way, the 1st 3 QB's you mentioned, those teams will be picking BEFORE the Skins. Guess what position they'll be drafting...

since when is campbell starting 16 games actually good for us?

His stats, and performance in general has been incredibly mediocre to sub par ever since week 5. Since week 5, he's averaging 1/2 TD per game, a tad over 200 yards, and has 7 TD's to 6 INT's.

He had a good 4 game stretch to begin the season, and then didnt do jack **** the rest of the season. He's at the helm of one of the worst offenses in the entire NFL. Pretty sad when a team that just went 0-16 scores more points than you do in a season.

Bench this kid. He's never going to take us anywhere. I'm sick of hearing excuses. 15-20 record, ladies and gents, and piss-poor stats to boot. What the hell else do you need to see here?

Yep. Exactly.

So, he got 16 games straight to prove he belongs to start in the NFL. All he showed is that he's #3 QB material at best. Horrible season.

13 TD's all year?

Not one single 3 TD game?

Joke. He'll be gone after 6 games next year.

Precisely! Jason is an AVERAGE QB. And, plays well when he has an opportunity to play pitch and catch against a poor defense. This is the NFL, and not some sucky college conference where he can wait for he WR to get fully open before making a throw.

As numerous folks have already articulated, Jason doesn't have the "IT" factor to be an elite NFL QB, and we need to get that addressed.

And, oh! Jason has been in the league for 4 years ... compare him to Eli Manning, and Philip Rivers ... QBs that were drafted the same year. Both have made trips to the Superbowl, and the Probowl ... I don't recall Jason being in either one of them. And, nor do I forsee him being in either one anytime soon:mad:!

Keep in mind the Niners have Mike Martz as their OC, who despises the run & never saw a pass play he didn't like. I don't mind how the Skins score TD's, just score them. On that level you can place some of the blame on JC. Marino, Moon, & Fouts have a ton of TD's, but no jewelry, so I think most stats are overrated when it comes to football. Without referring to actual numbers, I'm sure the ATL/BALT Offenses have a commitment to a power running game, which is the best friend a defense & young QB could ever have. If you watch the Ravens and Falcons they do not depend on their Young QBs to win games for them. They get behind the ground game & stay with it. Does anybody remember the Skins/Ravens game where they ran the ball 10 straight times before Flacco threw a pass? Can the Skins do that? How many TD's does Turner have for the ATL? You're telling me Ryan is responsible for that? By the way, the 1st 3 QB's you mentioned, those teams will be picking BEFORE the Skins. Guess what position they'll be drafting...

ur making it too complicated there pal. to say taht stats are overrated is true to certain extent like comp% and qb rating but TD is what matters. what is so hard to understand about that?

the fact is, thos QB's ive mentioned put up more TD numbers meaning as a QB, thye are doing their main job. the fact that some of these QBs havent even played full 16 games like campbell and is still able to put up more TDs which equals more pts is mind boggling. why do some of these QB's team have worse record than us? this is where stats , or none QB related stats come in handy.

for example, we are 8-8 because we had one of the best running game early this season and of course, our 4th ranked defense was anothe main reason why we are what we are. not because our QB was lighting it up.

i hope that helped.

Pretty sad when a team that just went 0-16 scores more points than you do in a season.

and that right there shows how vital and important our 4th ranked defense was to an 8 -8 record. i mean the fact taht lions scored more than us and are 0-16 while we are 8-8 says alot about our defense.

the fact is this. With a productive, decent QB, we are easily a playoff team. Campbell is who he is right now due to our defense. without a 4th ranked defense, campbell is anothe orloskvy, or fitzpatrick. hell they are performing just as well as campbell and that aint saying alot. the fact is though, when u compare TD numbers and INT numbers campbell is in the same group of QBs like orlosky , fitzpatrick, anderson.....

Congrats to Campbell for...

- leading the team to an 8-8 record, at least it wasn't a losing season

- surviving 37 sacks and not getting seriously hurt

- throwing 13 tds and only 6 ints

- throwing for over 3200 yds

- fumbling only 7 times and losing only 1

- getting 1 year of the WCO under his belt, hopefully the whole offense will be in sync next year

Just trying to be positive.:cheers:

ur making it too complicated there pal. to say taht stats are overrated is true to certain extent like comp% and qb rating but TD is what matters. what is so hard to understand about that?

the fact is, thos QB's ive mentioned put up more TD numbers meaning as a QB, thye are doing their main job. the fact that some of these QBs havent even played full 16 games like campbell and is still able to put up more TDs which equals more pts is mind boggling. why do some of these QB's team have worse record than us? this is where stats , or none QB related stats come in handy.

for example, we are 8-8 because we had one of the best running game early this season and of course, our 4th ranked defense was anothe main reason why we are what we are. not because our QB was lighting it up.

i hope that helped.

This is precisely where the stats are misleading. Other than Philly, this High & Mighty D could not stop Dallas, St Louis, Balt, etc. when it needed to. Even today, SF drove on this vaunted stat-boy unit all during the 2nd half. I look at REAL defenses like Pitt & Balt you didn't see them whining about the number of TD's their QB didn't throw this year. they just manned up & stuffed the other team's Offense. As I said, I want to see JC make more 1st downs & TDs, which he did early in the season (when this aging line got it done). But as the season progressed, the line wore down & JC/CP's numbers dropped dramatically. See the Skins circa 1980's & their young O-line as to the real formula for Offensive success. C'mon KRS, F the statbook!

and that right there shows how vital and important our 4th ranked defense was to an 8 -8 record. i mean the fact taht lions scored more than us and are 0-16 while we are 8-8 says alot about our defense.

the fact is this. With a productive, decent QB, we are easily a playoff team. Campbell is who he is right now due to our defense. without a 4th ranked defense, campbell is anothe orloskvy, or fitzpatrick. hell they are performing just as well as campbell and that aint saying alot. the fact is though, when u compare TD numbers and INT numbers campbell is in the same group of QBs like orlosky , fitzpatrick, anderson.....

:applause:

At the end of the day, all you are going to get from campbell is a 3100 yard, 11 TD, 7 INT performance, and a record of 6-10. That's the kind of QB he is.

You're right. Every win we had this year goes to the defense. The defense is the only reason we are not picking 3rd in the next draft. Can you imagine how this team would have wound up with a mediocre defense? I shudder just thinking about it. Fact is, campbell has never put up good numbers, and is not a natural leader whatsoever. Romo sits to pee, in 2.5 season in the NFL, has more TD's than Campbell has in both 4 years of college and 4 years in the pro's combined. Yes, COMBINED.

I really dont get how some of you guys continue to baby this clown. He hasnt got it done. Our team was far better with todd freakin collins playing than it was with JC. Please, I'm not saying Colt is the answer. I have no idea what that kids capable of. There's only one way to find out: play him and see what the kids got, and/or find a suitable veteran QB who has the skills to succeed in a WCO.

And, oh! Jason has been in the league for 4 years ... compare him to Eli Manning, and Philip Rivers ... QBs that were drafted the same year. Both have made trips to the Superbowl, and the Probowl ... I don't recall Jason being in either one of them. And, nor do I forsee him being in either one anytime soon:mad:!

I missed the Philip Rivers Super Bowl game, who won? Also Brett Favre is going to the Pro Bowl this year & leads the NFL in INTs & Matt Cassell is not, that should explain how I feel about the PB. Whether JC goes there or not I could care less. Just be a SB QB. Hell, if Trent Dilfer or Jim McMahon could do it...

man, i just dont know why some of you guys are so high on jason...... his guys drop balls. what does he do.. nothing!!!!!! a great qb (aka the leader) on Offense should get into the recievers face and say something when they drop balls..... also on pass protection, when brees or peyton is no getting time, what do they do. they yell at the line and the line shapes up... they say brady is poise and calm in the pocket just like jason but seperates the two is when brady needs time, he goes off on his line..jason dont do nothing.. what kind of leader says its okay. we have a great group of guys. whenever they drop balls, we just have to have short term memory and move onto the next. we just arent executing, when the game is already over ..

i want to see jason get fired up like rivers peyton brees brady etc. the good qbs in the league, like a luitenant in war cause this game is war.............

also a day where jason makes accurate throws, his recievers drops balls.. a day when recievers is into the game and feels like catching everything, jasons passes hits the ground first or over thrown.. somethings not right... rhythm... rhythm passing game starts from a accurate qb every sunday.. we need someone who has "fiya" in his eyes and very accurate/ only man in the combine to complete every pass he threw. his name is colt brennan

Late in the 4th quarter when it was desperation time, CAMPBELL drove the team down the field, and he SINGLE-HANDEDLY scored the TD to tie the game with 1 minute to play. I admire him for this, as I have been one of his biggest critics. More often than not, we've all been complaining about how he has always NOT been able to bring the team from behind in the 4th quarter....so I think the guy definitely deserves some real credit. Had our D not faltered, this was a game that the Skins could have won in overtime. Look for Snyder and Bug-Eyes to acquire and to draft massive goons in the off-season who can do a better job of blocking and tackling next season......perhaps turning the Skins into the 12-4 type of team we all dream about...

HAIL!!!!!!

Joke. He'll be gone after 6 games next year.

I'm hoping he's gone before 6 games actually but I'm not sure our Front Office has enough talent in seeing that's he's already reached his peak. He will never be a legit starting QB in this league. Never. I'll take bets on this assertion for anyone willing to throw their money away.

And 21st in TD catches.

So, you're happy with being in the bottom % of QB's? Wow!

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Colt is garbage right out of the box and you all turn on him.

Then I'll cry, because it's this reactionary attitude that put us in the hole in the first place.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Colt is garbage right out of the box and you all turn on him.

Then I'll cry, because it's this reactionary attitude that put us in the hole in the first place.

Jason has been our starter for 2.5 seasons, and has barely progressed. That is hardly "right out of the box"

Thank you! This thread wasn't started to debate JC as a quarterback. It was started to congratulate him for being the only starter this season. Period. And anyone coming in here to use this thread to bash JC, only weakens there credibility and arguments.
Weaksauce

You can put this congratulations right next to JCs "doesn't fumble much" and his "Great Poise" awards

Jason has been our starter for 2.5 seasons, and has barely progressed. That is hardly "right out of the box"

This would be a good point had the START COLT NOW OR WE'RE DOOMED garbage started in week 17 instead of week 2. And there were numerous Collins vs. Campbell debates over the offseason.

Mark my words, if Colt is merely adequate after 8 games in his first season as a starter, this will start all over again. And I'll support Colt then just like I do Campbell now.

This would be a good point had the START COLT NOW OR WE'RE DOOMED garbage started in week 17 instead of week 2. And there were numerous Collins vs. Campbell debates over the offseason.

Mark my words, if Colt is merely adequate after 8 games in his first season as a starter, this will start all over again. And I'll support Colt then just like I do Campbell now.

The Collins v. Campbell debate was a very relevant one, given the way Collins played.

I'd like to give Zorn more time than Campbell. It's not fair to tie Zorn's future to Campbell, because it's not clear that Zorn can coach Campbell up enough to be the right type QB for Zorn's style of offense.

From what I've seen this year from Campbell -- I'm not convinced Zorn's talents as a coach can be fully realized with Jason at the helm of the offense. I understand that it will not be a popular position to state on this board, but deep down, I think it's Zorn -- not Campbell -- who has more long-term upside to offer the Skins.

I don't think that we have the type of talent required to run a west coast style of offense here. I agree with what Boselli said about Zorn and that he needs an offensive coordinator and a QB coach going over things with Jason as opposed to be consumed with what he is going on the bench. He is missing he entire game and he needs to over see what is going on. I think that they should get longer than one more year, but I know that won't happen so I am willing to go with one more year and if things don't work out I guess there will be changes and I will see how it goes and give the next guy my support.

I really do want Campbell to succeed because I think that he has the tools with mobility and the arm. I would like to see him get rid of the ball a little quicker at times, but I think that if Zorn would run deeper routes and get receivers who aren't midgets we might be able to do some damage down the field.

The Collins v. Campbell debate was a very relevant one, given the way Collins played.

It was until Saunders was canned. After that, it became comical.

Personally, I think Zorn's system is a poor fit for Campbell. He would be more successful in Martz's shotgun-happy style of offense; it would allow him to utilize his arm strength. Colt has a very quick release and some mobility, so he could very well flourish in Zorn's version of the WCO. To that end, I believe there is a modicum of logic to the idea of benching Campbell in favor of Colt. However, I don't believe that he has the mechanics or physical tools necessary to become a great QB in this league. He'll have to prove to me otherwise by succeeding against 1st stringers that actually give a damn.

It was until Saunders was canned. After that, it became comical.

Personally, I think Zorn's system is a poor fit for Campbell. He would be more successful in Martz's shotgun-happy style of offense; it would allow him to utilize his arm strength. Colt has a very quick release and some mobility, so he could very well flourish in Zorn's version of the WCO. To that end, I believe there is a modicum of logic to the idea of benching Campbell in favor of Colt. However, I don't believe that he has the mechanics or physical tools necessary to become a great QB in this league. He'll have to prove to me otherwise by succeeding against 1st stringers that actually give a damn.

I agree with everything you say up until the last part.

Colt definitely has some intangibles that give him the potential to be a great QB, but we'll never know until he gets some experience against a first string defense.

I agree with everything you say up until the last part.

Colt definitely has some intangibles that give him the potential to be a great QB, but we'll never know until he gets some experience against a first string defense.

"Intangibles" is a good for it, definitely. "Instinct" is another. I love watching those QBs who fool you into thinking they have eyes in the back of their head by the way they play. He showed a real spark in those preseason games, and even brought us back a couple of times. I can understand why so many fans are high on him.

On the other hand, I just don't believe this is the right time to clean house at the QB position. Campbell played well through week 8 or so, and if you want to compare their output last preseason, JC managed to impress just as many as Colt here at ES. There's this shred of hope still hanging around in many of us that maybe, just maybe, the system is the only thing holding JC back, and he'll step it up next season. There are only so many consecutive seasons you can say that, of course. At some point, JC will pass his peak as an athlete, and those physical tools that Gibbs saw potential in will become a non-factor.

If JC is still average come December of next year, I'll jump on the "What the hell have we got to lose? Start Colt!" bandwagon. And you can quote me on that.

"Intangibles" is a good for it, definitely. "Instinct" is another. I love watching those QBs who fool you into thinking they have eyes in the back of their head by the way they play. He showed a real spark in those preseason games, and even brought us back a couple of times. I can understand why so many fans are high on him.

On the other hand, I just don't believe this is the right time to clean house at the QB position. Campbell played well through week 8 or so, and if you want to compare their output last preseason, JC managed to impress just as many as Colt here at ES. There's this shred of hope still hanging around in many of us that maybe, just maybe, the system is the only thing holding JC back, and he'll step it up next season. There are only so many consecutive seasons you can say that, of course. At some point, JC will pass his peak as an athlete, and those physical tools that Gibbs saw potential in will become a non-factor.

If JC is still average come December of next year, I'll jump on the "What the hell have we got to lose? Start Colt!" bandwagon. And you can quote me on that.

I agree, its definitely not time to clean house completely, but I definitely cannot agree to naming JC the unquestioned starter before Minicamp again.

I dont care if its Colt/Collins/FA pickup, we need competition, because nothing in our offense is working, so why not?

I agree, its definitely not time to clean house completely, but I definitely cannot agree to naming JC the unquestioned starter before Minicamp again.

I dont care if its Colt/Collins/FA pickup, we need competition, because nothing in our offense is working, so why not?

I always support training camp competition. One of the things that really worked for the Patriots during their peak years is their "no one is safe" philosophy. They never got too attached to a player, and always had extra draft picks on hand because of it. They've let this slide a bit over the past couple of seasons, and that defense is starting to show its age, but they'll be a great team for as long as they're properly managed.

Hey, even if it's a slanted competition from the start, if Colt is the stud he's said to be, his talent will shine through.

Archived