Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sally Jenkins- JC article

jivelikenice

I like Jason and would love to see him succeed, but I think he's missing one of the most important attributes of a QB. Being a leader.

Completely agree. The longer this goes on the more apparent to anyone watching is that Campbell will never be an elite QB in this league.

Skins fans are afraid of change, everyone wants us to have stability. I'm sorry but we can not be afraid of changing when things aren't working. Gibbs won the Superbowl with 3 different QB's, and in his first tenure here used a lot of these guys. He was never able to find a franchise QB, and he still never found one. The excuses need to stop now with this guy and people need to relize the longer it takes us to move past Campbell the longer this franchise is going to suck.

LOL how can you be so sure?

You can LOL all you want dude. ALL training camp long he was CLEARLY the best quarterback on the team. No questions asked.

Not saying that means your better on the field.....but those of you saying you want open competition in training camp......well im sorry....its going to be JC again. Hes got FAR better tools than either qb.....he just needs to put it together....and soon. And I think he will.

You can LOL all you want dude. ALL training camp long he was CLEARLY the best quarterback on the team. No questions asked.

Practice hero, gameday zero.

Collins didn't look good in practice last year either. Lots of floaters.

And no one ever looked better in practice than Jeff George. He blew Brad Johnson away.

Yet in the games...

I can't wait till he is benched or gone so I can hear the same JC bashers, kill the next QB who starts here. This is going to be fun.

I would love to have a better QB, and I don't think JC is going to be elite, but JG showed with a good all around team, a average QB can win, and win big.

I can't wait till he is benched or gone so I can hear the same JC bashers, kill the next QB who starts here.

I think if this team had a great QB that led the team to a great record and a deep playoff run, the QB 'bashers' would be few and far between.

Although, maybe we'll never know...

:doh:

1. You need to go back and listen/read all of Zorn's pressers.

2. With Zorn saying JC is going to be the starter right after he got the HC gig pretty much made it clear who is in charge. Hint: Dan and Vinny.;)

Valid point BUT do you really think Zorn, Dan and Vinny would continue on with JC if they felt he were the main reason this offense is struggling? I do not. I am also not against CB playing. I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win period. Forcing Zorn to play JC is not something I believe is happening or will happen. I do think JC can be a very good QB in this league. It's up to Zorn to make that happen, even if that means changing his precious schemes. JC would be a lights out pocket passer IMO.

I can't wait till he is benched or gone so I can hear the same JC bashers, kill the next QB who starts here. This is going to be fun.

I would love to have a better QB, and I don't think JC is going to be elite, but JG showed with a good all around team, a average QB can win, and win big.

Yup we'll never have a good QB.......because after 2 years starting you arent better than Peyton Manning your gone.

Screw it throw Colt into the dogs......I like the kid but at this point it will almost be funny to watch him get pummeled and throw pick 6's.

I think if this team had a great QB that led the team to a great record and a deep playoff run, the QB 'bashers' would be few and far between.

Although, maybe we'll never know...

Like you said,"TEAM"

They loved Mark Rypien for a year or two, but then, it was get the hell out of town.

He went from SB MVP, to bum. He was no more talented than JC, we just had a great O-line, and super defense

Hey, Jason... I get paid a fraction of what you do, I'm a part-time student, full-time employee with a ton of at-home work and Father to an eight week-old, plus have band practice. Wanna' talk about adapting to adjustments... ?

I'll tell you the same thing I've said about LaVar in threads: "Boo ****ing hoo."

I didn't see the part in your post where you talk about newspaper articles and people posting a critique on how you are doing with all of those things on a daily basis. Each little thing being critiqued.

"Ntotoro picked up the baby a little to cautiously. He should have slid his hand under the babies neck while balancing the butt in his other hand. The footwork was a little sloppy also. We will give him a pass this time though because it's his 3rd baby in as many seasons."

Like you said,"TEAM"

e

It seems that there is not a single person on this current team that is capable of improving the play of those around him or covering up for the shortcomings of others. The best teams in the league have this luxury...and until the Skins do, they will continue to be an average team at best.

I didn't see the part in your post where you talk about newspaper articles and people posting a critique on how you are doing with all of those things on a daily basis. Each little thing being critiqued.

"Ntotoro picked up the baby a little to cautiously. He should have slid his hand under the babies neck while balancing the butt in his other hand. The footwork was a little sloppy also. We will give him a pass this time though because it's his 3rd baby in as many seasons."

You know something... if I was a public figure such as a pro musician, athlete, actor, politician or whatever, every piece of my life would be public and open to whatever scrutiny any other public figure is. That comes with the turf. If these people don't like it, they need to find something else like being a CPA or Circuit City manager where people will leave them be.

There are pluses and minuses to being a public figure. You have to take the good with the bad and they have made their career choices. Most people don't see what I do on a daily basis, but I still get criticism and/or praise from my Wife, boss or whomever, all the same.

You know something... if I was a public figure such as a pro musician, athlete, actor, politician or whatever, every piece of my life would be public and open to whatever scrutiny any other public figure is. That comes with the turf. If these people don't like it, they need to find something else like being a CPA or Circuit City manager where people will leave them be.

There are pluses and minuses to being a public figure. You have to take the good with the bad and they have made their career choices. Most people don't see what I do on a daily basis, but I still get criticism and/or praise from my Wife, boss or whomever, all the same.

Then you got the point I was trying to make.

Then you got the point I was trying to make.

I'm not quite sure.I can't tell if you're being sanctimonious or if you're agreeing with me.

They're not above criticism, which is my point, and their bellyaching doesn't earn any sympathy from me. They live a dream 99.999999999% of people in this country will never experience. If he's really having a hard time adjusting, then maybe he needs to think about that pretty long and hard as far as being a starting NFL QB.

Yup we'll never have a good QB.......because after 2 years starting you arent better than Peyton Manning your gone.

Screw it throw Colt into the dogs......I like the kid but at this point it will almost be funny to watch him get pummeled and throw pick 6's.

Maybe if Todd Collins was the QB last year, we would have had homefield advantage in the playoffs. So, being reasonable, you'd have to agree that the "JC bashers" were right and if we had gone with Todd a little earlier our season may have been even better?

And Campbell's rookie year was not last year. He's a first round pick who sat on the bench for an entire year, just like Carson Palmer did. The following season Palmer was named QB and performed very well.

Not saying that means your better on the field.....but those of you saying you want open competition in training camp......well im sorry....its going to be JC again. Hes got FAR better tools than either qb.....he just needs to put it together....and soon. And I think he will.

Were you there for training camp?

And even if he did look better in training camp/practice situations where defenders aren't allowed to touch him who cares? He can't deliver on gameday and that's where it counts.

And yes, I'm for an open competition in training camp because he obviously doesn't have the "far better tools" that you speak of.

But bring on the JC excuses...I've heard 'em all, chief. And I've even used them myself but eventually you'll realize he isn't more than just an average QB.

Like you said,"TEAM"

They loved Mark Rypien for a year or two, but then, it was get the hell out of town.

He went from SB MVP, to bum. He was no more talented than JC, we just had a great O-line, and super defense

JC is stronger and a more talented runner but since the coordination to throw an absolutely amazing deep ball IS a skill AND talent, I'd have to say Mark Rypien was worlds better. Ryp threw for over 3500 yards twice and even in 1992, he threw for 3200. More importantly, a team that had hit a small patch of being 'kinda good' won a SB in a dominant fashion. Mark also threw the ball fast enough to hit receivers elsewhere on the field and was inconsistent and turnover prone but more accurate than JC and a superior passer.

For instance, Tom Brady is not as gifted physically as JC but is there any doubt who is more talented? Talent doesn't just mean if you can run or break a tackle--not at QB.

BTW, Mark really did nothing after that 92 playoff run, so it's not as if he gave the fans who 'ran him off' (wanting a quality consistent QB is not running people off) were proven wrong or anything.

Were you there for training camp?

And even if he did look better in training camp/practice situations where defenders aren't allowed to touch him who cares? He can't deliver on gameday and that's where it counts.

And yes, I'm for an open competition in training camp because he obviously doesn't have the "far better tools" that you speak of.

But bring on the JC excuses...I've heard 'em all, chief. And I've even used them myself but eventually you'll realize he isn't more than just an average QB.

I still believe in him......maybe not for much longer....but I still think hes going to put it together.

I just hope he does before its too late. You have your opinion and I have mine. Thats what were here for.

It must absolutely suck to be given free drinks, get to receive admiration and praise (even when you suck, let's be honest--most players in the NFL aren't 'winners' but still get the royal treatment) and all the beautiful women you choose to indulge yourself in.

If I'm set for life, my children (to be) are set for life, I have my pick of women, receive adulation and play a game I love--why the __ would I care about some newspaper writers? Especially since it won't last that long anyway. One day, the cheers (or boos) fade. Long before most people have retired after 30 years of having to please a-holes at work.

In football (for the most part,) deliver the goods and you will get respect, promotions and pay increases.

I'm not quite sure.I can't tell if you're being sanctimonious or if you're agreeing with me.

They're not above criticism, which is my point, and their bellyaching doesn't earn any sympathy from me. They live a dream 99.999999999% of people in this country will never experience. If he's really having a hard time adjusting, then maybe he needs to think about that pretty long and hard as far as being a starting NFL QB.

It's a little bit of both and it's neither at the same time. My point is that it is very easy to sit on the side and be critical of someone else. I feel no sympathy for someone who makes that kind of money and has people being critical of them, BUT I also am not in their shoes and going through the experiences they are going through in life. So in that regard, it's hard for me to say it's right or wrong.

Example: Moss is going out for a pass. He breaks right and JC throws it as if he should have broke left. The pass is intercepted. Who is at fault on this play? The only ones who really know are JC, Moss, and the coaches. I couldn't be critical of JC for throwing the pass not knowing if Moss ran the correct pattern or not.

Elway, Marino, and now Ryan and Flacco are the exception, not the rule.

ACTUALLY its more like:

Elway, Marino, Ryan, Flacco, Brees, Cutler, Romo sits to pee, Favre, Flacco, Thigpen, so on and so forth. And HEY guess what?! All the people I've named were HOFer or top-tier QBs in the league right now!

Example: Moss is going out for a pass. He breaks right and JC throws it as if he should have broke left. The pass is intercepted. Who is at fault on this play? The only ones who really know are JC, Moss, and the coaches. I couldn't be critical of JC for throwing the pass not knowing if Moss ran the correct pattern or not.

Problem is, how often is Moss running the wrong route? Why is it all of a sudden last year in 'brand new' systems that Keenen McCardell's old behind and Bug-Eyes Caldwell looked like effective receivers? Seeing as how Moss has won multiple games for us with just about every QB and Campbell has had a handful of good games but is at a more complicated position, whose leadership absolutely does not exist, whose attitude is reflected in the lethargy of the offense--I'd tend to trust that everyone but a rookie or street free agent is running the correct route.

Archived