Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT The Spurs are my new favorite team!!

Golgo-13

I just hope they can pull of two more wins and knock those b@stard Lakers on their collective @sses. If they can steal at least one win in LA I think they have them wrapped up. Funny thing is, I don't even really like the Spurs, but I LOVE to watch them put the sad face on Shaq and Kobe. :cheers:

This would be the year to beat the Lakers for a few reasons. You can't stay on top forever when all teams do in the offseason is build a team to beat you and in exchange you do nothing. We'll see what happens Friday night.

Count me as one semi-Spurs fan (liked big Dave Robinson from jump) who is keeping a very, very wary eye on the 3-time defending champions.

Until the pulse is actually stopped, and they pull the sheet up over their heads, and the toe tag is secured ... they are still the 3-time defending champions.

If the Lakers win game 3, which I suspect they will, you just KNOW the Spurs will feel pressure in game 4. I know I would.

And if the Lakers win game 4 ...

Cue theme from Jaws.

Very true OM. They are like a zombie from hell that just won't die. But the Spurs sure have made a good case thus far that they may indeed be the ones who have the silver bullet. At very least, I hope they could put them on their last legs for Sacramento. It's kind of fun because I just get to root for the entire Western Conference instead of for just one team.

after being embarrassed the last two years by LA the Spurs are finally rising up to the challenge and playing clutch basketball :)

my hats off to them. they really haven't played this well since the 1999 Finals.

at the same time, this is a Lakers team that looks like it may finally be out of gas. The bench is short due to some poor personnel moves in the offseason and the injuries to Fox and George and Kobe looks especially tired after carrying the team for much of the season.

I think this team has too much pride to be swept by the Spurs and a rebound to 2-2 in this series is very possible. But the Lakers are going to have to get some good performances from bench players that have not been in the limelight much in the past.

The Lakers had first Glenn Rice, then Horace Grant, then Derek Fisher as legitimate #3 options in 2000, 2001 and 2002.

This time around they lack that third player. Fisher is not the same player he was in the 2001 and 2002 postseasons.

The Lakers figure to have Bryant/O'Neal together for 2 more seasons. I imagine the team will be searching in earnest in the offseason for a veteran who wants a chance to compete to get to the Finals.

This team will be back even if 2003 is not their year.

That said, again, I expect LA to come back and win at home and force the Spurs to take it on their own home court :)

I am not a Laker's fan, however, I still consider them the best team in the NBA...even down 0-2. They sport the top 2 players in the league and NOBODY can match up with Shaq. Add one of the best Coaches and all that playoff experience, this team is far from done. They only have to win 1 game in SA to take the homecourt advantage.

One question I'd like to ask is, how do the Lakers manage to fit all their talent within the cap?

Originally posted by earl

no matter what, healthy or unhealthy, spurs or lakers, this is the kings year!!

Until they lose, and everyone including ralph nader blames the refs. :laugh:

Thats the destiny of the Kings, they are the best, only at blaming the refs. At least when the Celtics of the 80's were the key whiners, they won a championship or two.

Being down 2-0 in a series means you have to win 4 of 5 to get out of that round, it is tough, and since the Lakers were dominated it will be interesting to watch the two games in LA. Personally, I think LA needs to win BOTH games in LA to stay in this series.

As far as Sac/Dallas(Kings bias on)Don't believe the Dallas hype. This same thing happened last year, Kings took game 1, Dallas won game 2, and everyone said, "oh we have a series on our hands" and then the Kings won the rest of the way. I am more concerned with Webber and Bobby Jackson getting hurt. If they can't play in the weekend back-to-back games, the Kings may be in some trouble. Dallas had a similar game to the Kings in game 1, just came out shooting on fire, so the answers back didn't matter. Neither team will shoot like that for more than a game or two in the series, and when both teams are asked to play DEFENSE for a 3-5 minute stretch in cruch time, Dallas will be unable to like USUAL. What I am fearing though is the San Antonio Spurs. They look like they are on a mission this season. I keep getting this eerie feeling that the Kings year was last year, and the blew it by missing free throws.

The Lakers are fatigued. Physically they struggled to go 34-15 down the stretch to get to the #5 spot after having the worst first two months in recent memory.

I do think the team will respond and win at home. The question comes in having to win 4 of the 5 remaining games to win the series outright.

The extra gear you saw out of this team in 2001 and 2002 just isn't there with all the extra minutes being logged by younger players without playoff experience.

There is no Glen Rice, Horace Grant, etc... to operate as the third option.

And Robert Horry and Derek Fisher are not performing as they have in years past as consistent, game in - game out threats from the arc.

I agree about the Dallas/Sacramento series. The only way Dallas wins is if the injury bug kicks the Kings and they end up having to play without Webber and/or some other guys in the next few games.

A healthy Sacramento playing well is 10-15 points better than the Mavericks :)

Dave, never change buddy :)

When the Lakers get to the line it is because of phantom calls, but if Duncan or another big man like Divac gets to the line it is because they are working hard underneath the basket, eh? :laugh:

Archived