Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Times like these...

PosseLover

I have been a very patient and passionate fan of this team for many years. I have done my share of supporting them in every way, I possibly can. But at times like these, I can see why people in other areas become fans of other teams...Ravens, in DC area...Panthers, in NC...

So many of my older friends became Panthers' fans back in '95 because they said, "there are dark days coming to the Redskins" amongst others things once JKC passed on and DS bought the team. But, I fought back and said, we'll see...new franchises suck. Well, I pull for Carolina now because YES, THEY'RE WINNING AND, I LIVE IN NC, but still don't like them because they took the Redskins' TV spot on my FOX8 so that then makes me purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket...

How many more years do, I torture myself? Break my back to work extra to afford that newest hat, shirt, jersey, misc stuff and games...I'm so glad that, I don't live closer to D.C...I'd be in more debt and depression showing my support than I could handle.

So, I am drowning my sorrows in spiked egg nog at the moment hoping that, I can turn to my ES brothers and sisters for support. I'm putting my Skins on the back burner for the rest of '08 now because, I like this Carolina team that's playing.

I'll see everyone in April for the draft.

Merry Christmas ESers! :logo:

The true, die hard fans of this franchise have a right to be pissed off, and the true die hard fans wont ditch this team for another. If you are a fairweather fan, and won't stick with the redskins because they are going through difficulties, then show yourself out and dont let the door hit you in the ****ing ass. We dont need bandwagon, fairweather fans around here anyway.

I love this team and always will. When they play like this, I get frustrated, depressed, and incredibly angry, but I could never root for another team.

Real skins fans will always be skins fans. There is nothing wrong with letting your displeasure be known when our team is struggling, but no excuse for rooting for another team because of it.

The true, die hard fans of this franchise have a right to be pissed off, and the true die hard fans wont ditch this team for another. If you are a fairweather fan, and won't stick with the redskins because they are going through difficulties, then show yourself out and dont let the door hit you in the ****ing ass. We dont need bandwagon, fairweather fans around here anyway.

I love this team and always will. When they play like this, I get frustrated, depressed, and incredibly angry, but I could never root for another team.

Real skins fans will always be skins fans. There is nothing wrong with letting your displeasure be known when our team is struggling, but no excuse for rooting for another team because of it.

This. I dont always agree with you Exodus, but I agree with you here immensely.

This is the time where real fans stay, and others leave. Case in point my roommate, who is now a Ravens fan.

If they display displeasure - as much as I disgree with some of it - as long as they stayed, they're okay in my book.

Every team is going to suck at some point, sometimes for a whole decade or more. I find that almost everything I touch turns to crap. For example, my AFL team of the last three years. I didn't know their history when I started to follow them but it turned out they had won 5 championships and had not missed the playoffs in 15 straight seasons. Well, with me on board they went 7-9 and stayed home. The next year they started 0-5 but somehow rallied to 9-7 only to lose on a missed extra point in the playoffs, also the first game I actually went to. I bought season tickets and got 8-8.

I decided to really follow the Fighting Irish this year and got a carbon copy of the Redskins, impressive start followed by complete collapse at 6-6. I did get a championship after two years of following the Hamburg Sea Devils of NFL Europe but of course, the league folded in response.

The only consistently good team I currently follow is in the AF2, the minor league of the AFL if you can beleive that. Back to back 14-2 seasons and a conference title for the Scranton Pioneers.

I just tough it out and keep digging deeper and deeper in other forms of football to try and find some measure of success to supplement the mediocrity of my higher profile teams.

This. I dont always agree with you Exodus, but I agree with you here immensely.

This is the time where real fans stay, and others leave. Case in point my roommate, who is now a Ravens fan.

If they display displeasure - as much as I disgree with some of it - as long as they stayed, they're okay in my book.

I agree 100%. :applause:

Dude, I have almost 16 years of age, experience and wisdom on you...you can be sure of one thing...I DO NOT LACK AS A REDSKINS FAN. I've been living as a frustrated fan since Gibbs' first retirement. I've lived long enough that, I feel like, I can say whatever the hell, I wanna say...barring, I don't break ES rules. So, you can't root for another team, huh? IF, you lived in Cali...I see nothing wrong with loving the Skins, but pulling for either SD or living in NY as a Skins fan, but pulling for Brett & The Jets. Well, I love my state, NC, and like that there is a chance, the Panthers could be a SB contender...while my team is watching better teams in January.

Maybe you missed my quote where, I said, I don't like them...

Yeah. I could never root for another. The burgundy and gold is in my blood.

But Im not having anymore fun right now supporting these current gentlemen. And I can no longer defend them either. Short of a Cowturd fan I just dont have anything to offer in this team's defense.

We as fans deserve much better then this inconsistent, inept performances the Skins call football.

Dude, I have almost 16 years of age, experience and wisdom on you...you can be sure of one thing...I DO NOT LACK AS A REDSKINS FAN. I've been living as a frustrated fan since Gibbs' first retirement. I've lived long enough that, I feel like, I can say whatever the hell, I wanna say...barring, I don't break ES rules. So, you can't root for another team, huh? IF, you lived in Cali...I see nothing wrong with loving the Skins, but pulling for either SD or living in NY as a Skins fan, but pulling for Brett & The Jets. Well, I love my state, NC, and like that there is a chance, the Panthers could be a SB contender...while my team is watching better teams in January.

Maybe you missed my quote where, I said, I don't like them...

I dont think he was talking about you buddy, cause you said you still love the Skins. I like the Texans, but by no means want them to beat Washington.

if you are an nfl fan, are the fan of an expantion franchise and you are older than said franchise, then you my friend, are no true fan.

fundamentaly you are flawed. you can not be a fan of more than one team...it's in the fan rules and not allowed. if you were a fan of the nfl before the carolina expansion year and are now a carolina fan...then you are not a true carolina fan.

i ask...to whom was your allegience dedicated prior to carolina's first season?...and we're supposed to grant you credence as you spew unfaithful truths?

a fan is a fan...always. regardless of good and bad. a fan that stays through the bad is the essence of being fanatical.

-the chosen one

Times like these are indicative of why there are so many Cowturd and ratbird fans in the area, I worry about my family tradition...I am a 3rd generation fan, I just hope I can carry this "tradition" into the 4th generation.

Right now, it does not look good and that upsets me :(

Times like these are indicative of why there are so many Cowturd and ratbird fans in the area, I worry about my family tradition...I am a 3rd generation fan, I just hope I can carry this "tradition" into the 4th generation.

Right now, it does not look good and that upsets me :(

"Oh dear Lord Jesus, this ain't happening, man... This can't be happening, man! This isn't happening!"

Every team is going to suck at some point, sometimes for a whole decade or more. I find that almost everything I touch turns to crap. For example, my AFL team of the last three years. I didn't know their history when I started to follow them but it turned out they had won 5 championships and had not missed the playoffs in 15 straight seasons. Well, with me on board they went 7-9 and stayed home. The next year they started 0-5 but somehow rallied to 9-7 only to lose on a missed extra point in the playoffs, also the first game I actually went to. I bought season tickets and got 8-8.

I decided to really follow the Fighting Irish this year and got a carbon copy of the Redskins, impressive start followed by complete collapse at 6-6. I did get a championship after two years of following the Hamburg Sea Devils of NFL Europe but of course, the league folded in response.

The only consistently good team I currently follow is in the AF2, the minor league of the AFL if you can beleive that. Back to back 14-2 seasons and a conference title for the Scranton Pioneers.

I just tough it out and keep digging deeper and deeper in other forms of football to try and find some measure of success to supplement the mediocrity of my higher profile teams.

I know how it feels, I follow the Auburn Tigers who just ran Tuberville out of town for Gene Chizik who is 5-19 as a Division I head coach, and 2-10 last year. Then there's the Pacers the mere of whom conjures up images of Ron Artest and Steven Jackson trying to cave in the faces of Detroit Pistons fans, The only thing close to a winner that I have seen is the Detroit Tigers in 2005, then they took a page out of the Danny's book and spent $180 million to finish behind the royals. Seriously the only championship I have seen in my adult life is Auburn's SEC Championship in 2004, when they got screwed out of the BCS Title game. I'm getting through tonight with a lot of Silver Bullets. No way I am leaving this team I want to pressure them until Vinny is out on his bug eyed ass

I could never root for another team, especially the Stupid Panthers. I'm just done with football this year. I've had enough. At this point, I could care less who wins the SB. It just doesn't matter to me any more. I pretty numb at this point.

And try living in the Charlotte area when they are 11-3. The media has them winning the SB already.

can you say fairweather fan?

fair weather fan, my butt... question for you...your name has Hoya in it. I take it you're a Georgetown fan...if say Maryland was playing UConn in the Final 4...Would you pull for your Big East rival?

I've got a fight song for you to take to your new team....

Bailed on the Redskins

Bailed for no victories

ex-Fan on the warpath

Flight from ole DC

:D

Did I bail? I believe NOT...I'll watch the next game with as much hope to win as, I did with the other games...like the Rams & Bengals games.

no matter how much the team sucks, i cannot see myself rooting for any other team. just cant happen. wont happen.

I live in NC...I do think it's cool my home state's team is a nicely put together team. I will never become a Panther fan over a Redskins fan

Merry Christmas and Happy fair weather fandome. Enjoy the Panthers. Even though they suck mightily, I'll still be a Redskins fan. Today, tomorrow, next season, til I draw no more breath.

as will I... I can promise you, I'll be here everyday...and at 4pm next Sunday hoping, we can upset Philly in our house. And, yes, unfortunately, I'm hearing it would be an upset.

I could never root for another team, especially the Stupid Panthers. I'm just done with football this year. I've had enough. At this point, I could care less who wins the SB. It just doesn't matter to me any more. I pretty numb at this point.

And try living in the Charlotte area when they are 11-3. The media has them winning the SB already.

I'm only enjoying the fact that the state I live in has a good team, I'll continue to watch the last 2 games of the year even though, our shot at the playoffs is just that...SHOT...

you and I are a lot alike I'm sure. I dislike Carolina for several reasons. 1 being, NC was Redskins country until '95. They took our TV slot. I'd be thrilled if they went bankrupt and re-located.

We all fall into one of the following catagories:

1) I love the sport of football and the Redskins are my favorite team. However, when things are not going well I tend to loose interest or I am pissed at the Skins and follow another team.

2) I love the Redskins and feel blessed that I saw them win 3 superbowls in my lifetime. Now that thinks are not going well I root for them even harder then before because I feel they need my support.

Number 1) is a fan of the game with a favorite team. This person is not a Redskins fan nor a fan for any other team. A fan is a term used to loosely. They have a favorite and a second favorite team or they may find they can change favorite teams. Number 2) is a Redskin fan. Fan is short for fanatic. They may get upset but can not imagine ever changing teams or seriously rooting for a second team. There is too much of an emotional investment involved.

Number 1) and number 2) will never understand each other, ever. Some fans pull for their teams a whole lifetime and die with out seeing a championship and they were happy fans. Look at Capital fans. Redskins fans are going through hard times, no doubt, but we are blessed and when we do get on track it will make winning that much better. That is how I see it.

The sauce is too hot on my buffulo wings.

suck it up man, don't cry about wanting to change sides just because of a little heat. Who knows next season the skins could put all this stuff together. Hey I understand people being pissed but don't jump ship. Go to a bar and watch the skin games. You know there is a redskin bar in NC. Watch the game on the internet, or buy a six pack and go to a friends house and see it with them. If you want to bail just leave, but don't come back when the skins get better.

Archived