Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: What makes CP Run? The Redskins' Star Has Always Had Plenty on His Mind (M.E.T.)

SMOSS89

I'm not making excuses, I was just saying this article is a great read, whether you are for CP or not. I just think it's good insight into a man's life, that's all.

Not like he's a saint or anything, he still probly shouldn't have said what he said, but it was an awesome read, the best I've seen this year.

I'm not making excuses, I was just saying this article is a great read, whether you are for CP or not. I just think it's good insight into a man's life, that's all.

Not like he's a saint or anything, he still probly shouldn't have said what he said, but it was an awesome read, the best I've seen this year.

Don't mind him, it was a nice article man. I appreciate it. I saw the newspaper with this article in it at work, just didn't have a chance to read it.

I really could care less. We all have trials and tribulations. All I ask is that he shut the hell up and quit acting like he is more important than the team.

:2cents:

why do you even comment here? youre a real piece of work dude.

I wonder sometimes why you are even allowed to post in these forums.

Great story, it is always good to hear about a family that you can relate to and the stuff they all go thru. I wish him and his family well and continued success..

"The Redskins' season, featuring four losses in five games, is crumbling, and if they don't beat the Cincinnati Bengals today"

Today?

By Barry Svrluga

Washington Post Staff Writer

Sunday, December 14, 2008; Page A01

December 14th??

I am a little tired and might be a little hungover but I am still 75-80 percent sure its saturday

The Washington Post posts some articles online the day before they print.

Personally I don't think they should, I prefer reading them in the actual paper the day of.

This is on of the best article's I've read on CP. I didn't kno too much background info about his life but the article was real insightful.

My fav part of the article was the "Coping with Injuries" part. It shows just how much of a warrior CP really is and always will be. The fact that he plays thru his injuries says alot about his character, heart, dedication, and passion for the game. Here's one of the best parts of the article:

Portis's injuries are legitimate. "A lot of people don't seem to understand that," Mike Sellers, the Redskins fullback who is frequently Portis's lead blocker, said this month. "Other guys, they'd be sitting out, missing three, four weeks. He just plays."

But in a league in which numbing shots are nearly as prevalent as the bumps and bruises they seek to minimize, Portis does not take painkillers. "Drugs and all that crazy [stuff]?" he said. "Not for me."

But given all his ailments, why? "I pride myself on being different," he said.

Wednesday night, as he shuffled through his house, he lamented having to go to his massage therapist's office for treatment. "Normally, she comes here," he said. Either way, he receives massages three, four, five times a week. If he gets a prescription for pain medicine -- even if it's filled by the team -- he turns it over to his mother. She lets them expire, then throws them away.

"You can't hardly get Clinton to take an aspirin," Hearn said. "He will suffer."

CP will always be one of my favorite Redskins and one of the greatest players to ever play this game.

EDIT: Thanks for posting:cheers:

Great article.

And for those of you who don't like it, don't read and don't post.

:applause:

If you don't like it......don't post. Bingo.

And if you are wondering what makes CP Run.....$13 million a year.

And if you pay him $13.5 million a year, he will even stay in DC to practice during the preseason.

And if you pay him $13.5 million a year, he will even stay in DC to practice during the preseason.

To quote yourself:

To quote yourself:

That wasn't negative.

We all work for money. No one would work if they didn't get paid.

I wouldn't work if money wasn't necessary.

Now, the requiring of an additional 500k to come into the season in shape.....that might say something about character....but judge it as you may.

:cheers:

You know it kinda looks like you pretty much told yourself not to troll & did so.

Just sayin.:silly:

You know it kinda looks like you pretty much told yourself not to troll & did so.

Just sayin.:silly:

Nah.....didn't mean it that way. See above.

Just saying that what makes him run......is what makes us all go to work.

Financial existence.

Nah.....didn't mean it that way. See above.

Just saying that what makes him run......is what makes us all go to work.

Financial existence.

Eh. I'd say he's made enough & set for life. He could pull a Barry Sanders anytime he wants to & just walk away from the game.

Portis wants that Super Bowl ring.

Eh. I'd say he's made enough & set for life. He could pull a Barry Sanders anytime he wants to & just walk away from the game.

Portis wants that Super Bowl ring.

Let's hope he gets it in Washington. :cheers:

He is loaded.....I wonder if he buys an arena league team or something similiar in retirement.

That is, if the arena league is still solvent at that time.

Edit: As far as walking away, and leaving early like Barry or Tiki--in one piece.....if we don't get an offensive line that can make it the entire season, I wouldn't blame him a bit.

Let's hope he gets it in Washington. :cheers:

He is loaded.....I wonder if he buys an arena league team or something similiar in retirement.

That is, if the arena league is still solvent at that time.

Yet somehow the afl2 is fine.

You're right and TK are right. He's loaded. He's got enough money to retire whenever he wants but when he doesn't get the ball he's angry. That shows something too, imho, about his character - that he wasn't tryna just get paid, that he actually wants to play.

But yes, many :cheers: for Portis hopefully getting Washington a SB ring soon :)

Archived