Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blago scandal: Rahm Emanuel and Jesse Jackson Jr face new revelations: Timesonline

TrumanB

Facts? what facts do we have other than 3 minutes of tape and conflicting statements about NEVER and a month ago.

Or Jesse Jackson Jr. saying 4 years but at a fundraiser for 1mil in Sep?

The coverup is ALWAYS worse than the crime...

I was told a week ago that the staff would come out with each meeting.

One source confirmed that communications between Emanuel and the Blagojevich administration were captured on court-approved wiretaps.

Another source said that contact between the Obama camp and the governor's administration regarding the Senate seat began the Saturday before the Nov. 4 election, when Emanuel made a call to the cell phone of Harris. The conversation took place around the same time press reports surfaced about Emanuel being approached about taking the high-level White House post should Obama win.

Emanuel delivered a list of candidates who would be "acceptable" to Obama, the source said. On the list were Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, Illinois Veterans Affairs director Tammy Duckworth, state Comptroller Dan Hynes and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Chicago, the source said. All are Democrats.

Sometime after the election, Emanuel called Harris back to add the name of Democratic Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan to the approved list, the source said.

Federal authorities have not suggested Obama or his team knew about Blagojevich's alleged schemes

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-rahm-obama13dec13,0,3359611.story

Again people can try the hardest to connect Obama to this scandal but the facts aren't on their side. You guys keep ignoring that the convos were recorded. If something illegal occured why haven't they moved in on Rahm? What's next Emanuel is fluent in sign language so he evaded the wiretaps? Can we atleast wait for somethng tangible.

Any recordings of the newly appointed White House Chief of Staff speaking to Mr Blagojevich about Mr Obama’s former Senate seat would prove an acute embarrassment to the incoming Obama Administration, even if no illegal deals were discussed, and could even force Mr Emanuel’s resignation.

Wow, whoever wrote the original article is an idiot.

I think all the "pal'n around with terrorist" logic sunk in and now they actually think that loose associations are enough of a link to mean something. Blago tried to sell a senate seat and got mad at Obama for refusing to pay him in any.

Loose associations? :rotflmao:

Rahm Emanuel took over Blago's congressional seat. Rahm Emanuel is now Obama's #1 right hand man. Tony Rezko, who was just convicted of fraud and bribery, was a close associate and fundraiser for Blago. Rezko was also a close associate and fundraiser for Obama. Obama benefited from a sweet deal on the purchase of his home and other properties at the behest of Rezko. I could go on.

Wow, whoever wrote the original article is an idiot.

Thought you'd like this as well, in case you missed it:

Cornered by a Chicago Sun-Times reporter at a concert at his children’s school, he refused to comment.

That's a clear sign of guilt. Seriously, why else wold he refuse to comment when cornered by a reporter at a concert at his children's school?

Rahm Emanuel took over Blago's congressional seat. Rahm Emanuel is now Obama's #1 right hand man. Tony Rezko, who was just convicted of fraud and bribery, was a close associate and fundraiser for Blago. Rezko was also a close associate and fundraiser for Obama. Obama benefited from a sweet deal on the purchase of his home and other properties at the behest of Rezko. I could go on.

Go on, proceed to share information with your close associates here at ES.

Ok, so Obama has been proven to not want to play ball in bribery schemes (in this case at least) That's pretty much a given, from what we have heard so far. The problem is that he and his team didn't see fit to tell anyone that a position in the US Senate was being put on the block for bids?

It's debatable if that kind of thing represents change or not. It's certainly not the kind of change I hoped for.

A federal body, the Senate, cannot tell a State body the Governor what to do.The Gov, as it stands right now is fully capable of appointing whom he wants. That won't change unless the people if IL do something about it and not the Federal Gov't.

But the Senate does have the authority to recognize (or not) it's own members. The Governor may appoint The Highest Bidder. The Senate doesn't have to let him into the room.

Section 5

Clause 1:

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

Clause 2:

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

I'll point out, for example, that following the Civil War, Congress decided not to seat any member from any rebel state, until that state voted to ratify, I believe, the 13th and 14th Amendments.

Ok, so Obama has been proven to not want to play ball in bribery schemes (in this case at least) That's pretty much a given, from what we have heard so far. The problem is that he and his team didn't see fit to tell anyone that a position in the US Senate was being put on the block for bids?

It's debatable if that kind of thing represents change or not. It's certainly not the kind of change I hoped for.

Rumor out of Chicago is that Emmanuel played a part in turning him in.

You know, when Mad Mike is agreeing and defending my assertions... and backing it up with facts you really ought to give it up. Some here are trying to convict a guy for refusing to play pattycake and be corrupt.

Some conservatives have really entered Bizzarro Land.

You know, when Mad Mike is agreeing and defending my assertions... and backing it up with facts you really ought to give it up. Some here are trying to convict a guy for refusing to play pattycake and be corrupt.

Some conservatives have really entered Bizzarro Land.

someone say Bizzarro.....

bizarro.jpg

Loose associations? :rotflmao:

Maybe you'd have some credibility left if, in your "throw a bunch of mud and hope to convince people that this means your target is dirty" tactic, if you'd leave out the things that are well known to be untrue.

(But I doubt it.)

:)

Maybe you'd have some credibility left if, in your "throw a bunch of mud and hope to convince people that this means your target is dirty" tactic, if you'd leave out the things that are well known to be untrue.

(But I doubt it.)

Can we just mark this thread asepic_fail.jpg

and move on to another topic

(But I doubt it.)

"After it had been reported in 2006 that Rezko was under federal investigation for influence-peddling, Obama purchased a 10 foot wide strip of Ms. Rezko's property for $104,500, $60,000 above the assessed value. According to Chicago Sun-Times columnist, Mark Brown, "Rezko definitely did Obama a favor by selling him the 10-foot strip of land, making his own parcel less attractive for development." Obama acknowledges that the exchange may have created the appearance of impropriety, and stated "I consider this a mistake on my part and I regret it."

:owned:

"After it had been reported in 2006 that Rezko was under federal investigation for influence-peddling, Obama purchased a 10 foot wide strip of Ms. Rezko's property for $104,500, $60,000 above the assessed value.According to Chicago Sun-Times columnist, Mark Brown, "Rezko definitely did Obama a favor by selling him the 10-foot strip of land, making his own parcel less attractive for development."Obama acknowledges that the exchange may have created the appearance of impropriety, and stated "I consider this a mistake on my part and I regret it."

Wow, did you really just declare that you "owned" Larry? Usually the owned sign is reserved for people who comment on an apparent ownage. At least that's how I've always seen it used.

In other news, Obama STILL wasn't involved in any bribery. Nice try though, really.

"After it had been reported in 2006 that Rezko was under federal investigation for influence-peddling, Obama purchased a 10 foot wide strip of Ms. Rezko's property for $104,500, $60,000 above the assessed value. According to Chicago Sun-Times columnist, Mark Brown, "Rezko definitely did Obama a favor by selling him the 10-foot strip of land, making his own parcel less attractive for development." Obama acknowledges that the exchange may have created the appearance of impropriety, and stated "I consider this a mistake on my part and I regret it."

Obama paid market price for his home.

Rezko paid market price for the vacant lot.

Rezko sold 1/7th of the vacant lot to Obama, for 1/7th of the price he paid.

All of these facts are in the public record. And have been since the transaction.

Obama paid market price for his home.

Rezko paid market price for the vacant lot.

Rezko sold 1/7th of the vacant lot to Obama, for 1/7th of the price he paid.

All of these facts are in the public record. And have been since the transaction.

From a Chicago Sun-Times article:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/watchdogs/757340,CST-NWS-watchdog24.article

A few months after Obama became a U.S. senator, he and Rezko's wife, Rita, bought adjacent pieces of property from a doctor in Chicago's Kenwood neighborhood -- a deal that has dogged Obama the last two years. The doctor sold the mansion to Obama for $1.65 million -- $300,000 below the asking price. Rezko's wife paid full price -- $625,000 -- for the adjacent vacant lot. The deals closed in June 2005. Six months later, Obama paid Rezko's wife $104,500 for a strip of her land, so he could have a bigger yard. At the time, it had been widely reported that Tony Rezko was under federal investigation. Questioned later about the timing of the Rezko deal, Obama called it "boneheaded" because people might think the Rezkos had done him a favor.

Please stop while you're behind.

Please stop while you're behind.

$300,000 below the asking price

You know, it doesn't matter how many font enhancements, or what color, or how big you make the word, "asking price" is not "market price".

However, thank you for proving that the rest of my statements were correct, too.

Rezko's wife paid full price -- $625,000 -- for the adjacent vacant lot. The deals closed in June 2005. Six months later, Obama paid Rezko's wife $104,500 for a strip of her land, so he could have a bigger yard.

Looks like Obama paid 1/7th of Rezko's price, for 1/7th of Rezko's land.

You know, it doesn't matter how many font enhancements, or what color, or how big you make the word, "asking price" is not "market price".

So, Obama pays $300,000 below the "asking price". Rezko pays the FULL "asking price". From the same seller. For properties adjacent to one anothre. But, there's nothing fishy here. :doh:

However, thank you for proving that the rest of my statements were correct, too.

Looks like Obama paid 1/7th of Rezko's price, for 1/7th of Rezko's land.

No, 1/7 of Rezko's price is $89,285, not $104,500. :doh: Or, is that the "old" math.

So, Obama pays $300,000 below the "asking price". Rezko pays the FULL "asking price". From the same seller. For properties adjacent to one anothre. But, there's nothing fishy here. :doh:

No, 1/7 of Rezko's price is $89,285, not $104,500. :doh: Or, is that the "old" math.

Sounds to me like Barack Obama might be a better negotiator then Tony Rezko and his wife. Maybe Rezko didn't negotiate, maybe he asked how much it was and cut a check.

Maybe the house Obama bought didn't have any other interested buyers so the owner had to play ball, whereas the other lot had 10 people interested in it so the owner didn't have to negotiate.

The point it, YOU DON'T KNOW. Stop acting like you do.

Archived