Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Burnett to the Yankees

Spaceman Spiff

Strangely enough, I haven't seen any Yankee fans bragging about the awesomeness of this contract:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3765754

Oh man...Burnett is an injury waiting to happen and Sabathia has a lot of innings logged already.

It's gonna be great to see the Yankees meltdown when these two hit the DL. It's practically inevitable.

I just wish my team could AFFORD a contract like this.

And if they could, perhaps they would spend it on a pitcher who is actually good. I don't get it. The Yanks could have traded for a solid salary dump type of arm like Gil Meche during the season, and saved 5 million a year and their second rd draft pick.

Fill in the blanks as you will.

The New York Yankees signed Starting Pitcher ________________ to a ___ year contract worth _____ million dollars today. ________ is coming off a career year where he reached a Career high with 18 victories. Prior to this season he had never won more than 12 games in a season, but managed to put it all together in, of course a contract year. In the 4 years previous to said contract year __________ averaged less than 10 wins per season.

The contract information is different (because the Yankees decided to blow even MORE money this time), but you can put either AJ Burnett or Carl Pavano in the above paragraph & everything in it is 100% true and accurate.

I put that together in 4 minutes. Why in the blue hell don't the Yankees have somebody to do this?

Unbelieveable.......

Fill in the blanks as you will.

The New York Yankees signed Starting Pitcher ________________ to a ___ year contract worth _____ million dollars today. ________ is coming off a career year where he reached a Career high with 18 victories. Prior to this season he had never won more than 12 games in a season, but managed to put it all together in, of course a contract year. In the 4 years previous to said contract year __________ averaged less than 10 wins per season.

The contract information is different (because the Yankees decided to blow even MORE money this time), but you can put either AJ Burnett or Carl Pavano in the above paragraph & everything in it is 100% true and accurate.

I put that together in 4 minutes. Why in the blue hell don't the Yankees have somebody to do this?

Unbelieveable.......

I dont think it was technically a contract year for him because he originally signed a five year deal with toronto?

I dont think it was technically a contract year for him because he originally signed a five year deal with toronto?

Anytime a player is going into an option year chances are it's a "contract year."

As mentioned Burnett is an injury waiting to happen. I said this in another thread last week so it's not just my disdain for the Yanks.

Archived