Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A List of Zorn's Sins

Most of us including the media believe he tells the truth, in fact far too much of what he has to.

Where has he lied?

So officially here is the link and proof that was requested to back up what i said sunday night directly after the game about Zorn Lieing and attempting to hide behind Stump Mitchell.

Everyone does acknowledge that Zorn many times Sunday and Monday said it was Stump Mitchell who made the decision to sit Portis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/09/AR2008120902829.html

Appearing on the same station an hour later, Zorn said he understood why the star running back felt like he had been benched and repeated his earlier explanation that backup Ladell Betts was more precisely releasing from pass protection into route running.

Portis "was getting out on routes, but it wasn't exact and quick," Zorn said. "I thought, 'Okay, here's an opportunity for us to get Ladell in, who has practiced, and he knows it just because he's rehearsed it, rehearsed it.' I think [Portis is] a confident player, and he would believe that he could do it without reps. I just made the decision not to give him that chance."

Coaches need to take the heat for a teams failings even if at times it is the players faults. Gibbs did it all the time and his players loved him for it. Gibbs would say, I didn't prepare them well enough, or I take the blame for this or that.....

With Zorn, no it can't possibly be anything I'm doing, my scheme/system works..it's the players not executing. Blame your players and see what happens. Well this is what happens. You can't for several weeks allow something to go one way, then when you are losing and frustrated take it out on your rb for not practicing. When you're wining and the man is tearing it up, no problem. CP has given it all he has despite several injuries and wear and tear with an inept offense.

We certainly lack the horsepower/personnel in several spots so you can only do so much as a coach...or in this case a rookie coach, but he hasn't been handling it right, or making proper adjustments...Clinton didn't handle it correctly either but I feel what the man is saying.

He lead the team to that record With Strong Defense and Gibbs Running game everytime he tries to show off his west coast passing game we get demolished:2cents:

He brought in a offensive coordinator that new nothing about the west coast offense based on a promise they made to each other back in there playing days.

Hes a flat out liar in the media

He is A JOKE!!!!!! 6-2 and horny for zorny, Kinda the same thing as being at bar and going home with the hot blonde but you wake up and realize beer googles are a ##TCH.

Yeah, I guess its easy to ***** now. Man please!! Give the man a break. He knows the OL is done. And he has been less aggressive because of it.

When the OL was healthy, the offense clicked. Now, there is a flaw, and you are whining about it. A first year coach and playoffs shouldn't be in the same sentence.

I like Zorn. He does things Gibbs didn't do. If Zorn calls players out on TV, so be it. Parcells did the same. He never held back when a player ****** up. He got in his face. Good for Zorn. Now, Portis has the nerve to go on the radio and *****. If you don't practice, you don't play.

Yeah, I guess its easy to ***** now. Man please!! Give the man a break. He knows the OL is done. And he has been less aggressive because of it.

When the OL was healthy, the offense clicked. Now, there is a flaw, and you are whining about it. A first year coach and playoffs shouldn't be in the same sentence.

I like Zorn. He does things Gibbs didn't do. If Zorn calls players out on TV, so be it. Parcells did the same. He never held back when a player ****** up. He got in his face. Good for Zorn. Now, Portis has the nerve to go on the radio and *****. If you don't practice, you don't play.

Zorn isn't Parcells. Parcells has two rings, has taken another team to the SB, and has taken three other teams from the gutter to respectability in a short time. No sane player on any of Parcell's teams questions his coaching ability. Parcells can call a star player "she" and have that player want to play for him again.

Zorn can't. Any success he has had could be attributed to any number of people - especially Holmgren. If any coach needs the undying support of his players, its Zorn. He has no history and coaches for a team that changes coaches every few years. If he had to open his mouth about his only star player, it should have been to say "I wish every player on this team had Clinton Portis's heart." I'm not dissing Zorn, this just wasn't anything you say in public about a guy who plays with a lot of pride.

Sorry to add to the congestion, but I wanted to put together a little list of some of the things that have given me pause in regards to Zorn throughout this past season.

I think some of these things get swept under the rug. Not all of this is such a problem on their own, but they are interesting to consider when put all together.

- He took a million dollar job and failed to learn the team colors before his introductory press conference.

- He publicly called out his rookie WR's in training camp for being injured.

- He demoted a popular veteran (Jon Jansen) via the media.

- He berated a rookie punter on the sideline in front of the entire team during a Week 3 game.

- Rather than duck questioning on the subject he continually discusses putting Heyer back in for Jansen through the media all while the line is playing at it's highest level. Maybe that worked out, but it seemed like a questionable practice at the time.

- He compares the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry to that of the Seahawks/Raiders and even after repeatedly being told they aren't the same he refuses to drop the comparison.

- He continually talks about the Sean Taylor situation as though it's one that he was a part of all along. He eventually brings the Sean Taylor collage he had commissioned to a meeting to illustrate to the team that they would be hearing about Sean from the media, and it was okay to remember him. As though these were points they needed to be told. This is obviously the most sensitive of subjects that I'm writing about, but if we're reading the tea leaves correctly it seems his deeds were not appreciated by the players. In fact I have not read one quote from a player mentioning the collage in anything but a matter of fact comment.

- He has used multiple excuses for benching CP on Sunday night and all the while maintained that CP was not benched.

Obviously, to many these won't be objectionable at all. And I'm not saying he needs to be fired because of these, but since his job security is being talked about a lot and many ask how his leadership can be questioned I thought it was prudent to bring these up.

None of this is scheme oriented, such as Geisinger coming into the game at LT. I'm not going to judge the coach on his scheme since I'm not qualified.

I figure if I am way out of line on any of these (and I certainly could be) that those in the know will take me to task.

Of all those things the team color thing was indeed a lack of preparation like not going hurry offense way back. I'm not sure why something like that would happen unless a lack of preparation. I call it caring about it enough. You either care or you don't care.

The lack of a hurry up offense though was the worst. Jason Campbell has the same problem. It is difficult for him to make real time decisions. He has to be told. And Zorn appeared as clueless as Jason there for a while. I don't know what to think of Zorn yet be he needs to strt with some leadership now before the Portis fiasco gets out of hand.

Sorry to add to the congestion, but I wanted to put together a little list of some of the things that have given me pause in regards to Zorn throughout this past season.

I think some of these things get swept under the rug. Not all of this is such a problem on their own, but they are interesting to consider when put all together.

- He took a million dollar job and failed to learn the team colors before his introductory press conference.

- He demoted a popular veteran (Jon Jansen) via the media.

- He berated a rookie punter on the sideline in front of the entire team during a Week 3 game.

- Rather than duck questioning on the subject he continually discusses putting Heyer back in for Jansen through the media all while the line is playing at it's highest level. Maybe that worked out, but it seemed like a questionable practice at the time.

- He compares the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry to that of the Seahawks/Raiders and even after repeatedly being told they aren't the same he refuses to drop the comparison.

- He continually talks about the Sean Taylor situation as though it's one that he was a part of all along. He eventually brings the Sean Taylor collage he had commissioned to a meeting to illustrate to the team that they would be hearing about Sean from the media, and it was okay to remember him. As though these were points they needed to be told. This is obviously the most sensitive of subjects that I'm writing about, but if we're reading the tea leaves correctly it seems his deeds were not appreciated by the players. In fact I have not read one quote from a player mentioning the collage in anything but a matter of fact comment.

- He has used multiple excuses for benching CP on Sunday night and all the while maintained that CP was not benched.

Obviously, to many these won't be objectionable at all. And I'm not saying he needs to be fired because of these, but since his job security is being talked about a lot and many ask how his leadership can be questioned I thought it was prudent to bring these up.

None of this is scheme oriented, such as Geisinger coming into the game at LT. I'm not going to judge the coach on his scheme since I'm not qualified.

I figure if I am way out of line on any of these (and I certainly could be) that those in the know will take me to task.

I agree 100%

icon1.gif..."Had we not been 14 points down for sure you would

QFT:"Had we not

been 14 points

down for sure you

would have seen

Clinton"

Zorn Presser 12-8

Why doesn't the media mention this part of the Zorn presser?

Zorn and Portis and us fans have to stop letting the local sports media

play us like puppets.

IMO:

Zorn tells the media too much

Portis listens to the media too much then overreacts

We (the fans) don't see through it, and overreact

Much Ado About Nothing...

:2cents:

:cheers:

I don't really care about the team colors or the comparison of the rivalry stuff. Zorn's biggest sin was losing his MVP in Portis. You have to have your star players on your side. Do that and everyone else will fall into place. But lose your star(s) and you lose your team. Zorn has lost the locker room in less than a year...

Bill Parcells did all of the things listed at the beginning of this thread, and more. The difference? He won games, and his players didn't rip him in the press.

Parcells already had the respect of the team though. He was the DC under Perkins and when Perkins retired...it was a natural progression that BP become the HC of that team. Whole offensive and defensive schemes didnt change. To compare this situation to the Giants in '83, is compairing apples to oranges. But even then, BP didnt come out winning games. The Giants also considered firing him because they were losing. When he put Phil Simms back as his starter (he benched him for Scott Brunner) they started winning regularly.

So officially here is the link and proof that was requested to back up what i said sunday night directly after the game about Zorn Lieing and attempting to hide behind Stump Mitchell.

Everyone does acknowledge that Zorn many times Sunday and Monday said it was Stump Mitchell who made the decision to sit Portis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/09/AR2008120902829.html

Appearing on the same station an hour later, Zorn said he understood why the star running back felt like he had been benched and repeated his earlier explanation that backup Ladell Betts was more precisely releasing from pass protection into route running.

Portis "was getting out on routes, but it wasn't exact and quick," Zorn said. "I thought, 'Okay, here's an opportunity for us to get Ladell in, who has practiced, and he knows it just because he's rehearsed it, rehearsed it.' I think [Portis is] a confident player, and he would believe that he could do it without reps. I just made the decision not to give him that chance."

ya know what...so fricken what...last time I checked coaches were in charge and can sit someone anytime they want if they are not playing the way they wanted...and they can explain it or not. LL did you ever play football?

I am tired of your apologist BS for players playing poorly and blaming the coach...so your the players "boy" who can leak their dirty laundry with an agenda on extremeskins...I say screw you dude your nothing to me except a whiny childish biatch...

This thread is absolutely retarded. Zorn is going to be a very good coach. There's a learning curve there, like for anyone at any jobs, but if you really listen to what he says at his press conferences, he knows what the hell he's talking about.

on these two...

i thought he called out the rookies for showing up out of shape, not for being injured. i thought they came to camp fat and slow after just sitting on the couch since the draft and not working out.

and berating the rookie punter, wasnt that because he called for the snap on a pat or fg when the kicker wasnt ready and it almost blew the try? if so, i dont see that as a bad thing.

on these two...

i thought he called out the rookies for showing up out of shape, not for being injured. i thought they came to camp fat and slow after just sitting on the couch since the draft and not working out.

and berating the rookie punter, wasnt that because he called for the snap on a pat or fg when the kicker wasnt ready and it almost blew the try? if so, i dont see that as a bad thing.

That's exactly what happened in both cases. Brooks blew the snap count and almost botched the entire FG attempt. ANYONE would have been reamed out after that.

And yup, the players were out of shape. Any coach will tell you that being out of shape leads to injuries. Just look up quotes by Jerry Sloan, an NBA coaching legend. I think he knows a thing or two about keeping his players in shape and prolonging careers.

Archived