Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Between Zorn and Portis, who do you want to see here next year (Merged)

TheGoodBits

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Anyone who voted for Portis is an hourly employee and has a "clock-watcher's" short-term view on life.

Anyone who voted for Zorn has a long-term view on things and understands that investing in a running back who will most likely be out of the game in two seasons (see, Shaun Alexander) due to age and wear and tear is a bad move. Stick with Zorn and he'll be here, and winning, LONG after Portis has retired to South Beach.

pretty much...

the fact we went 5-11 the season betts stepped in for him says a lot.

You're just a 2006 Portis vs Betts machine.

You push that idea twice in the last 2 pages, apparently without reading this (but who actually reads other people's posts for discussion around here anyway right?):

Because it wasn't like our defense was absolutely horrible that year either.

I've said it already in this thread multiple times- I love Portis and the way he plays the game when he's on the field.

But the people that think he's not replaceable (and won't be replaced as our feature back in probably 2 years, regardless of who's the head coach) are really kidding themselves.

Why do so many people feel that this organization has to kiss up to CP? Is that really what we want here in washington?...a TO situation where the player runs the team? thats what its like now...Zorn has to kiss up to CP to kiss everyone happy? CP should have to come to terms with Zorn or he's GONE...plain and simple.

Before long, his reputation of cursing at his coaches and publicly criticising them and his team, will cost him his career. Look at Jeff George. he had all the promise and talent in the world, but it was ultimatley his "Me First" CP attitude and his clash with coaches (ie June Jones in Atlanta) that ended his career prematurely.

Portis should be dropped entirely just now for putting his coach in such a position.

When he gets yards, Portis is the first one to claim all the glory but it's obviously down to something or someone else why he has fell away in recent weeks.

Portis is more than replacable and I think Zorn will take us someone.

Bye, bye Clinton.

Man looking at the poll numbers is SAD.

So basically the majority of Skins fans on this site are saying it's OK for a star player to disrespect the HEAD COACH of a professional football team.

Good luck trying to win a Super Bowl in a organization that has that backwards philsophy. I guess thats why coaches like Bill Parcel and Jimmy Johnson were so successful when they coach because they made it CLEAR to all of their players the buck stops with them.

Why don't we just let Clinton Portis coach the team since the players run everything. Geez!!! It's no wonder we can't consistently have a winning season. The attitude, not the talent, sucks.

So basically the majority of Skins fans on this site are saying it's OK for a star player to disrespect the HEAD COACH of a professional football team.

Good luck trying to win a Super Bowl in a organization that has that backwards philsophy. I guess thats why coaches like Bill Parcel and Jimmy Johnson were so successful when they coach because they made it CLEAR to all of their players the buck stops with them.

Why don't we just let Clinton Portis coach the team since the players run everything. Geez!!! It's no wonder we can't consistently have a winning season. The attitude, not the talent, sucks.

I wish CP had not gone about this the way he did. But the simple fact IS that Zorn disrespected the guy that is probably the best player on his offense, and embarrassed him publicly. Lombardi would never have done that in that way. Gibbs would never have done that in that way. Marty spoke out against Portis. Marty DID do that to Darrell Green. Top coaches do not treat their most talented and motivated players that way.

I wish CP had not gone about this the way he did. But the simple fact IS that Zorn disrespected the guy that is probably the best player on his offense, and embarrassed him publicly. Lombardi would never have done that in that way. Gibbs would never have done that in that way. Marty spoke out against Portis. Marty DID do that to Darrell Green. Top coaches do not treat their most talented and motivated players that way.
Ok.

But top teams (or at least teams trying to reach the top) don't get rid of a rookie HC over one star player, who's on the verge of decline in his career anyway.

But the people that think he's not replaceable (and won't be replaced as our feature back in probably 2 years, regardless of who's the head coach) are really kidding themselves.

Right on... RB is the easiest position to adapt from college to the pros. Rookies come in and take over their teams duties all the time, and they're not all hotshot #1 picks. So enjoy it while it lasts CP.

That being said, I want them both here next year.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

So you are saying treat your star players differently then every other player on the team and that solves the problem? Why even have a head coach at all?

No, that is a poll with results that comprise less than 1% of board membership. The drama queens are drawn to this like moths to a flame.

Archived