Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Vinny

SWFLSkins

Well, well, well.....here we are, a new era of responsiblity. Gibbs left and now you are in charge of the roster. If you had read this board about a year and a half ago, you also with the rest of the world, would have discovered that the Redskins fans knew that the both lines needed to be addressed. We also knew that the Redskins needed an additonal wideout for the Redzone.

What we/you did not know is that Phillip Daniels and now Chirs Samuels would get hurt, or that after adding all-pro Jason Taylor that he would also get hurt. However, you must be prepared for those injuries along what is the highest contact area in the game. I say that because you fill the roster and maintain the roster as if that is not fact. You keep backs and TE's as if they are more important and draft two wideouts. We don't need two starting tailbacks, we don't need three TE's or five wideouts. We need more than five capable linemen. Adding a guard ain't quite getting it.

By the way, there is a treasure chest full of threads stating the same, but this one Vinny is a call out from the fans, we know you are busy looking to blame Zorn.

So, after reading this morinings article by Rick "Stir the Pot" Snider, I bodly state that it is "YOU", and not Jim Zorn that should be fired. You have failed this year to do your job.

Signed,

SWFLSKINS

and......

You're an idiot! Vinny has done a good job. You can't judge a draft in 1 year. Go Vinny!

I am an Idiot, I supported Vinny and stated that clearly before the season began. But with this teams needs prior to the season's start I would have thought the GM, not me-just some fan, would have a better analysis of the state of the Lines on this team.

HE, not I was being paid to do that. He, not I drafted three, not two, not one, RedZone production ball catcher'. I get no satisfaction over stating the obvious here, Vinny failed this year to put the best team possible on the field. Chris Horton was a great pick, this year. Geisinger(sp) might actually and unfortunately have to contribute this year, hopefully he does.

And of course I hope all three ball catchers' go crazy next year, because Santana and Cooley again are not able to do it all by themselves. But, them going crazy next year does nothing to put off the fact that the lines were not properly addressed this year, and that is fact. That is his responsibility. HE Failed, what do want a free pass for him. Enough, this team has enough talent, other than being able to control the line of scrimmage.

Zorn is not to blame. Campbell is not to blame. You want the GM title or whatever that title is that says I am the one, well sister it comes with some accountability, from us the fans at least.

Vinny-Pull up your panties and don't blame Zorn. Come out and say it, I failed. I would respect that. But as one poster on this thread said it, I smell a smear, and Zorn is the brunt of it.

That is not right, Zorn has given us better than that.

I dislike Vinny very much but I'll give him one more draft and year before I get vehement about him leaving. If he addresses the lines and the linebackers during the draft and free agency, and can make some minor coaching changes(see Stan Hixon), then I think he may have made some wise decisions.

Everyone talks about how receivers need a couple years to develop but top tier lineman are ready to go. If Vinny actually thought this mini rebuild through, he might have something going for him. I won't know that for another year, at which point I will either sing his praises, or call for his head.

It's up to you Vinny, you have accountability now with your fancy title, prove us all wrong.

Fire everybody! We might not make the playoffs in our first year with our new HC and offense.

A new GM will want a new coach, who will want a new OC, who may want a new QB, who will need time to develop... but he could struggle and we might not win right away, so then we could fire the new HC, and give the new GM one more year to prove himself. If not, then fire him and start over 1 year later. Yeah!

Fire everybody! We might not make the playoffs in our first year with our new HC and offense.

A new GM will want a new coach, who will want a new OC, who may want a new QB, who will need time to develop... but he could struggle and we might not win right away, so then we could fire the new HC, and give the new GM one more year to prove himself. If not, then fire him and start over 1 year later. Yeah!

;)

I mean, really, what is it you people want? Continuity? Because if one person doesn't want Jason benched, they want Zorn gone. If that person doesn't want Zorn gone, they want Vinny's head.

We all complain all the time that there is no continuity with this team. We change offensive philosophies too much, we always have a QB controversy. But we never want to give any one WHOLE system more than a year. By whole system I mean GM down. No changes in philosophy, no qb change, no major coaching change. Like i stated before I don't have a problem changing position coaches out to MATCH the current philosophy better.

So, if we aren't two players away from a superbowl, like everyone says, were clearly a couple drafts away. So how about we all calm down, stop asking for the whole god damned thing to be blown up and exercise a little patience.

We all talk about how Danny is impatient with his win now mentality, yet we all seem to exhibit the same retardation as fans.

I dislike Vinny very much but I'll give him one more draft and year before I get vehement about him leaving. If he addresses the lines and the linebackers during the draft and free agency, and can make some minor coaching changes(see Stan Hixon), then I think he may have made some wise decisions.

Everyone talks about how receivers need a couple years to develop but top tier lineman are ready to go. If Vinny actually thought this mini rebuild through, he might have something going for him. I won't know that for another year, at which point I will either sing his praises, or call for his head.

It's up to you Vinny, you have accountability now with your fancy title, prove us all wrong.

A very sensable post.

Dan Snyder admitted he made mistakes, he admitted that in public.

They also indicated things are changing. They didnt get free agent happy, they drafted recievers because the premise is that it takes three years to develop them, vs 1 to 2 years on lineman. They brought in a fresh, young coach, instead of Fassell, or Mariucci. They were looking at another fresh young coach in Spagnola. So it appears that they have turned the corner.

The past is just that, its the past. We cant change what has happened, only gripe about what didnt happen.

Give him this upcoming offseason to see what he can accomplish, then if it doesnt work out, call for somebody new.

One thing to remember tho, they cant fix the line problems with just the draft. There is going to have to be some free agent manuevers, and as with all FA's, there will be a price to pay.

Archived