Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The First Annual ES Offshore Fishing Trip/ STICK IT TO THE MAN CAPT RICH

SC_RedskinsFan

Get you guys juiced up.

Sweet video.

Ok...I am off for the night. GF is already ****ing about me being on ES for the last few hours.

Have a great night all.....and let's get ready to rock some fish. Thanks a ton Rich.

:applause:

I'm in as interested. The timing is perfect.

Only thing is that I don't have a car yet and don't know if I'll have one by then.

But if I have to fly, I will.

You give me 300 and I will have your plane ticket lmao.

This is very cool of you doing this, Capt Rich.

I have not gone deep sea fishing in years since I fish on the Chesapeake Bay.

If H_H goes, so will I.

This will be a birthday present to myself since my birthday is on the 17th.

Jason and I can drive down together and split a room also to keep the cost down.

What say you, Jason.

Let's go fishing, bro.

Definitely count me in as a backup if you cant fill all the slots.

I just want to clarify because I don't want to take a slot from someone else. On the other hand, if the slot is open I would love to come along, meet some fellow extremers and document the event.

:cheers:

(Edit: Just cleared it with my boss for the 19th (or a weekday) and since I'm only two hours away, no need for a hotel. I have to be back for work the next day anyway.)

I'm REALLY tempted but I don't know if I could actually handle big game fishing with my heart and bad back. I don't want to take a slot from someone who could really have some fun fishing.

If you have the room I wouldn't mind playing trip photographer though.

Mad Mike, I appreciate that. The heart thing kinda scares me. We don't have a defribulator on the this boat. Most boats have them now, believe it or not. We're all CPR certified and I can keep someone alive long enough to get back to land, but I don't want to have to. I have a good buddy who had that happen. The man caught a marlin and right after, cardiac arrest. I'd love to take you in the future, when your feeling stronger. If you think your up to though.

Mad Mike, I appreciate that. The heart thing kinda scares me. We don't have a defribulator on the this boat. Most boats have them now, believe it or not. We're all CPR certified and I can keep someone alive long enough to get back to land, but I don't want to have to. I have a good buddy who had that happen. The man caught a marlin and right after, cardiac arrest. I'd love to take you in the future, when your feeling stronger. If you think your up to though.

That's why I say I wouldn't be fishing. And I wouldn't want to take that opportunity from someone else. :D

As for a boat ride, I take a bigger risk on my drives out into the country and walking in the woods alone. There is a point that living a normal life overrides small risks. As long as I'm not under great physical stress I'm fine. I know my limits.

Like I said, if there's a free slot I would love to play photographer, but if it worries you, I understand completely.

That's why I say I wouldn't be fishing. And I wouldn't want to take that opportunity from someone else. :D

As for a boat ride, I take a bigger risk on my drives out into the country and walking in the woods alone. There is a point that living a normal life overrides small risks. As long as I'm not under great physical stress I'm fine. I know my limits.

Like I said, if there's a free slot I would love to play photographer, but if it worries you, I understand completely.

Not at all. I didn't know the level of your condition. When ever I hear heart it makes me think of that day in NC. Hey, the heart thing runs through my family as well. I know all too well. It kinda sounded at first like you just had stints put in.;) If your good we'll pencil you in. You can catch these fish with no problem. We use light tackle. While the sails are 6 to 7 feet long they are considered small, by our standards. The drag on the reels gives way at 5 to 6 pounds, so your never fighting any more the 6 pounds. The line we use is 20 lb test. We use the light takle to make it sporting for the fish. Heavy tackle is no contest. The poor things can't even jump with heavy tackle.

There's plenty to do. You won't just sit there. I'm going to make it a real hands on day and get everyone involved as much as possible. We will need your photography experience too. Should I move your name?

Not at all. I didn't know the level of your condition. When ever I hear heart it makes me think of that day in NC. Hey, the heart thing runs through my family as well. I know all too well. It kinda sounded at first like you just had stints put in.;) If your good we'll pencil you in. You can catch these fish with no problem. We use light tackle. While the sails are 6 to 7 feet long they are considered small, by our standards. The drag on the reels gives way at 5 to 6 pounds, so your never fighting any more the 6 pounds. The line we use is 20 lb test. We use the light takle to make it sporting for the fish. Heavy tackle is no contest. The poor things can't even jump with heavy tackle.

There's plenty to do. You won't just sit there. I'm going to make it a real hands on day and get everyone involved as much as possible. We will need your photography experience too. Should I move your name?

Yes, please put me in. Thanks! :cheers:

Okay. I'd like a shot at this.

I'd be traveling over from Clearwater. I assume that this would be a one day deal over the weekend like all day Saturday?

Let me know! Sounds like a blast. We do some off shore in the Gulf. You have to get out about 30 miles before you get into 100 feet of water. I haven't been deep water fishing in years.

Edit. . . .

Is it set for sure on the 19 of January or is that just an approximation. I don't want to take a spot on the boat if someone else can go, I just don't know if I can take off a Monday.

I've been avoiding this thread because it just pisses the **** out me that I can't do it. Maybe another trip with a little more lead time (c'mon Capt) and I could plan it. It's just too close to Christmas in terms of both money and leave. I'm already taking a few days off over the holidays to go see my niece and nephew in Phoenix. Plan another one and I'll go. I'd even bring my fishin' buddy Bill who's a puke fan. 30 miles out at sea with 6 Skins fans? That'd be a trip he'd never forget. :evil: :OLS

Knock the bottom out of 'em guys! :applause:

This is very cool of you doing this, Capt Rich.

I have not gone deep sea fishing in years since I fish on the Chesapeake Bay.

If H_H goes, so will I.

This will be a birthday present to myself since my birthday is on the 17th.

Jason and I can drive down together and split a room also to keep the cost down.

What say you, Jason.

Let's go fishing, bro.

I'd love to, Dave, but I am BUSTED broke.

Sorry.

Okay. I'd like a shot at this.

I'd be traveling over from Clearwater. I assume that this would be a one day deal over the weekend like all day Saturday?

Let me know! Sounds like a blast. We do some off shore in the Gulf. You have to get out about 30 miles before you get into 100 feet of water. I haven't been deep water fishing in years.

Edit. . . .

Is it set for sure on the 19 of January or is that just an approximation. I don't want to take a spot on the boat if someone else can go, I just don't know if I can take off a Monday.

Capt. Rich, I'm in and thanks for your generocity :cheers:

please add me to the list. That's just a nice motorcycle ride away :D.

Rob, we can ride together if it works for you. My wife would probably like to go, but may not be able to.

OK folks, I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm to go fishing. :applause: I hope this might help my business in the long run. This might be a good way to advertise.

If anyone has a tendency to get sea sick, don't worry. Just don't bring those stupid wrist bands with the buttons on them.:doh: That is the biggest crock and probably invented by the guy who invented the voodoo doll. Forget about Dramamine. It'll only knock you out. You won't be sea sick if your sedated. So if you call that working I guess it does. You can go to the pharmacy and ask the guy for those little patches that go behind your ear. Follow the directions and do NOT over do what is recomended. If one is good than two have to be better. No no. That doesn't work. You'll be loooooopy.

I guess we're planning a Sunday trip. If you guys want to meet on Saturday at the boat we could have dinner at the marina and get you into your rooms. Then you can check out the boats and help with the rigging of the baits and teasers. I'd like to get you all involved to really appreciate what is going on. Most of you have probably been out of Oregon Inlet and you know you show up and wind in the fish. Not here, I'll have you washing the boat when we're done.:D

We will need some people who can be on will call if someone can't make it. It's a free trip so that usually doesn't happen.

I'll check with the hotels closest to the marina and reserve 3 rooms.

On the boat rules: Do NOT puke inside. Always leave your fish in the water until the first mate can pull it in. I don't want to look down there and see a wahoo tearing into a persons leg. A big dolphin on the deck can cause big injuries. Never run out of beer! Rum is a must. When it comes to food, use common sense. Making a plate of food is not good. Sammiches and finger foods are always easy. If there is a girl, clothing is optional. Your allowed on the bridge anytime, but don't start pushing buttons and fiddling with my electronics. :doh: I've seen it a million times. Tennis shoes or soft soled shoes. No clod hoppers or steel toed boots. Ummm, that's about it. Did I mention the booze? OH, no drugs. If you get caught with weed or anything we all go to jail and the cops get a new boat. "Don't risk it."

While this is a free trip we do need to come up with money to tip the mate. It's only right. He'll be working his *** off to make it an unforgetable day. Splitbill (Mark) will be our mate for the day. He's actually a well known captain, but is a member of this board and a huge skins fan. He's as excited as I am to meet fellow members and share what we do with you all.

Archived