Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what are the chances of resigning Hall

bluegrizzlies1

I think there is a very good chance we resign him because I hope we cut Mr. 70 year old body Shawn Springs. Although I can guaruntee Springs will be a Cowboy next year.....

...and you know he would play the best games of his career against us too.

They better resign him because he's the only one getting turnovers. He did have a nice hit to prevent a first down last night. And also we'll be needing another corner because if Springs isn't the first one gone in the off season then something is wrong.

He's been a mixed bag. He has done pretty well in coverage, but damn if he doesn't make Deion Sanders look like a tackling machine.

DeAngelo may be the worst tackler I've ever seen.

~Bang

That hit on the sideline to force 4th and 1 looked pretty good to me. I think he's doing better then we had hoped for overall. Another weapon on D, if we could only score points.

We have a good chance. I see alot of players gone next year. here is my list of players that are on the bubble and that will be traded or just out right released.......

Rock Cartwright= love you brother but we don't really need you

James Thrash= will most likely retire

Jon Jansen= will be given walking papers

Pete Kendall= if he doesn't resign for cheap

Jason Taylor= will be released if we can't trade him for a 5th or a 6th rounder

Griffin= will be released because of age

Eramus James= because he hasn't showed us anything

Rob Jackson= just because

Marcus Washington= because he has been injury prowned for 3 years

Alfred Fincher= just because

Shawn Springs= same as Marcus he is injury prowned

Justin Tryon= will be released if we find better depth in the draft or in free agency

Mike Green= because he was a fillin for Doughty

Shaun Suisham= because he has been inaccurate and has cost of numerous games

Ryan Plackemeier= because he just cant punt for sh*t "funny how we had two ray guy winners who can't punt the ball more than 20-30 yards"

We have a good chance. I see alot of players gone next year. here is my list of players that are on the bubble and that will be traded or just out right released.......

Rock Cartwright= love you brother but we don't really need you

James Thrash= will most likely retire

Jon Jansen= will be given walking papers

Pete Kendall= if he doesn't resign for cheap

Jason Taylor= will be released if we can't trade him for a 5th or a 6th rounder

Griffin= will be released because of age

Eramus James= because he hasn't showed us anything

Rob Jackson= just because

Marcus Washington= because he has been injury prowned for 3 years

Alfred Fincher= just because

Shawn Springs= same as Marcus he is injury prowned

Justin Tryon= will be released if we find better depth in the draft or in free agency

Mike Green= because he was a fillin for Doughty

Shaun Suisham= because he has been inaccurate and has cost of numerous games

Ryan Plackemeier= because he just cant punt for sh*t "funny how we had two ray guy winners who can't punt the ball more than 20-30 yards"

Cartwright won't be let go. He's a leader on special teams and is consistent, and plays a more important role than you think. There's a whole thread on that somewhere...

I agree on the K/P's, Springs and Washington. Janson, Kendell, and JT I mostly agree with.

But Erasmus James? Justin Tryon? Fincher? Rob Jackson? This is some of the young blood that we DO have on defense. James and Jackson are our younger DL that have potential, Fincher is a young LB, a position where we are severely lacking depth (and may or may not be adressed in the coming draft), and we WON'T be drafting any cb's in the draft with our only 4 picks, sorry. Tryon stays as a project/special teamer.

Cartwright won't be let go. He's a leader on special teams and is consistent, and plays a more important role than you think. There's a whole thread on that somewhere...

I agree on the K/P's, Springs and Washington. Janson, Kendell, and JT I mostly agree with.

But Erasmus James? Justin Tryon? Fincher? Rob Jackson? This is some of the young blood that we DO have on defense. James and Jackson are our younger DL that have potential, Fincher is a young LB, a position where we are severely lacking depth (and may or may not be adressed in the coming draft), and we WON'T be drafting any cb's in the draft with our only 4 picks, sorry. Tryon stays as a project/special teamer.

Trust me all those young guys you just named maybe and I mean maybe one will be here next year! Tryon most likely but James, Jackson, and Fincher will all be gone. You never know who we will be drafting next year with cerrato running the show. So can't really say that! Did you think we were drafting a qb, db, te and a punter last year no you didn't! So only time will tell but most likely these are the players I see let go during the offseason or during preseason! IMO of course buddy.

the more we lose, the better he plays, the harder it will get to resign him... he'll want to play with a winner and if he continues to impress, better teams will be knocking... hopefully the hometown deal and the fat bonus he got from the raiders will be in our favor..

Oh I forgot to mention I know rock plays a huge role as a leader and on KR but much longer are we going to keep him doing that! Yeah he is a fan favorite but we need a home run hitter someone who has a chance to take it to the house and puts fear into special team coaches not someone good to give us decent feild position ever now and again. Like I said I love rock and and his heart but we need playmakers!

He's been a mixed bag. He has done pretty well in coverage, but damn if he doesn't make Deion Sanders look like a tackling machine.

DeAngelo may be the worst tackler I've ever seen.

~Bang

I saw a couple of good tackles by Hall last night. He had a very nice on to force a 4th down, that had me talking about how Landry couldn't do that same thing a few plays earlier. Then he had another play, I can't remember which it was, but he broke on a screen and made that tackle pretty quickly.

I don't know what you're talking about in particular, but I've seen Hall make some good tackles.

Trust me all those young guys you just named maybe and I mean maybe one will be here next year! Tryon most likely but James, Jackson, and Fincher will all be gone. You never know who we will be drafting next year with cerrato running the show. So can't really say that! Did you think we were drafting a qb, db, te and a punter last year no you didn't! So only time will tell but most likely these are the players I see let go during the offseason or during preseason! IMO of course buddy.

You let those guys go (for little reason and without replacements), and not only are you killing some of the youth that is the only way to save this team, but you don't have replacements for them. So now you've got to get those replacement from FA (which won't happen, we have bigger needs picking up back up on par with what we already have), or the draft. If we draft a stud DL, I see maybe one of the Ends dropped. Maybe. But if Taylor's gone, maybe not. Either way, with 4 picks NO DB's will be drafted. And if you're gonna argue that with our late round picks (5 and 7) we might pick up a replacement for Tryon ( if we don't keep him as you conceded) or something (which I doubt, we have more pressing needs than replacing a rookie with potential who beat out leigh torrence at least), why would we draft a back up that hopefully is as good as the young backups we already have? It is circular, and only using "Ceratto is erratic and could do anything" as logic doesn't really work....:2cents:

Oh I forgot to mention I know rock plays a huge role as a leader and on KR but much longer are we going to keep him doing that! Yeah he is a fan favorite but we need a home run hitter someone who has a chance to take it to the house and puts fear into special team coaches not someone good to give us decent feild position ever now and again. Like I said I love rock and and his heart but we need playmakers!

We have TONS of holes on Special Teams, Rock is the LEAST of our consearns, especailly since he is one of the better returners in the league.

I'd say this team, right now, needs exactly what Rock brings to the table. He is consistent. He may not score, but he is always good for a return between the 28-45 yard line. Why is this good for the present team of the skins? Because with a home-run hitter type of returner, they usually also have a higher chance of messing it up. Re: Desean Jackson for the Iggles. And the Skins do not have the type of team that is very successful at coming back from their own mistakes (See last nights game). Safe, but efficient special teams is probably the best right now....

Archived