Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what are the chances of resigning Hall

bluegrizzlies1

Unless you are talking about signing D. Hall to be a 3rd corner, I'd slow down on the "Let's sign DeAngelo" talk until you review the findings. Now, i want him to do good as he is from home (tidewater) and is a good athlete. But being here in Atlanta, I've had plenty of chances to watch him close up and i have a few opinions:1) He is a great athlete but never did well in man coverage down here. If you remember, most of his pics were from offensive miscommunications or qb overthrows, he never took the ball from anyone like he has done with the skins. I think he fits better into a base cover 2 defense which we do not play.

Cartwright won't be let go. He's a leader on special teams and is consistent, and plays a more important role than you think. There's a whole thread on that somewhere...

I agree on the K/P's, Springs and Washington. Janson, Kendell, and JT I mostly agree with.

But Erasmus James? Justin Tryon? Fincher? Rob Jackson? This is some of the young blood that we DO have on defense. James and Jackson are our younger DL that have potential, Fincher is a young LB, a position where we are severely lacking depth (and may or may not be adressed in the coming draft), and we WON'T be drafting any cb's in the draft with our only 4 picks, sorry. Tryon stays as a project/special teamer.

well said. the k/p i agree. springs is gone. washington and JT, not so sure about them being gone.

and theres no way we are getting rid of all the young depth like tryon, fincher, james, jackson.

Trust me all those young guys you just named maybe and I mean maybe one will be here next year! Tryon most likely but James, Jackson, and Fincher will all be gone. You never know who we will be drafting next year with cerrato running the show. So can't really say that! Did you think we were drafting a qb, db, te and a punter last year no you didn't! So only time will tell but most likely these are the players I see let go during the offseason or during preseason! IMO of course buddy.

if you have some insider info on why only 1 of them will be here. then please share. until then, what you said is only your opinion and will be chalked up as such.

and in case you havent been paying attention, we got james when he was hurt and is still working back from that. they said from the start they were taking it slow with him. jackson is a low round rookie. he is cheap. fincher has been decent depth, so unless something better and not much more expensive comes along, he will be back as well. but he will most likely depend on what happens with marcus and a replacement for him.

For the right price I would like to see him resigned but my own opinion is he's been playing with the league over the past year and we will not be able to.

He played great in ATL which he flipped for a huge contract with the Raiders but since the team was so terrible he proceeded to play himself out of a job. He becomes a FA and signed with us partly because we agreed not to franchise him and at the time were one of the top ranked teams in the league and have an owner who will pay out big contracts to players. Since arriving he has been playing great...almost too good. Where was that play in Oakland? Unfortuantly the teams been playing poorly since he came on board and I think that makes him likely to leave. My gut says he's auditioning for another team right now at our expense. Since he's creating turnovers he's been earning the money we gave him which is more then we can say about JT and James and other FA's.

If I had to guess we try and sign him but lose a bidding war with the Cowboys who sign him long term

Archived