Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will people get off Landry's back

shk75

So I am as dissapointed as everyone about the loss last night but the one thing that got me really pissed was reading the game thread last night and seeing everyone trash Landry. People were saying he was overrated and that he was a waste of a pick, that we should have drafted a lineman. He changed the complexion of the game for us and I just cannot believe how much crap he has been cathing lately. Believe me, Landry is the least of our worries right now, I think with all the bashing this team is getting right now Landry deserves his props.

Landry is still a stud. He's young and still makes mistakes as such. For any one who wanted a dlinemen instead, which one would you have taken. None of them are doing anything.

Just like the people who say we should have drafted a linemen in the 2nd this year instead of 3 recievers. While i'll admitt, our recievers aren't performing like we'd hoped, no lineman available to us is perform that well either.

Wrong! Landry is playing very well. He is being asked to do a lot on the field b/c there is no help. I agree he should have blown up Heap on that floater but without his pick and the FF then we don't even score a point last night.

Check my posts, I defend Landry like CRAZY on this board. He's probably my favorite Redskin.

However, I watched that game last night just like all of you. Landry did not have one of his better games, to say the least.

His name wasn't called aside from Madden referring to throwing the ball in front of the safety, so Landry was doing his job. Don't you know football?

hahaha, no I don't know anything about football, please explain the game to me...There was this guy that played for the black team last night named Ed or something and I heard his name all night but I wasn't watching the whole game cause there was a great indoor tennis match on last night so I might be wrong...

fill me in on the field goal thing works, are you suppose to kick it between the tall yellow things?

I think people just do not realize how important he is. While he is not having an amazing year, if you replace him with an average safety, due to our lack of passrush, I think our D gets lit up. The samething happened to our run D when Horton got hurt. The play to Heap was weak I will admit that, but he did blow up mason earlier in the game when he came across the middle and he picked off a pass and forced the fumble. What more do people want???

Check my posts, I defend Landry like CRAZY on this board. He's probably my favorite Redskin.

However, I watched that game last night just like all of you. Landry did not have one of his better games, to say the least.

So we are calling out the player who had an interception and a FF? But not calling out the DE's who got no pressure on the QB, or the dline and LB's who let McClain run the ball 9 straight times for 5 first downs at the end, or the Oline who couldn't block for sh*t all night long. Or the QB who couldn't keep from getting balls batted at the line when he is 6'5! But hey, lets call out the guy who actually made an impact, yeah, that's the redskins way!!

Wrong! Landry is playing very well. He is being asked to do a lot on the field b/c there is no help. I agree he should have blown up Heap on that floater but without his pick and the FF then we don't even score a point last night.

Landry is NOT playing well. His pick was a great play and it was nice that his hit forced a fumble. I expect MORE. Those plays should be the gravy on top of flawless defensive back fundamental play. His making a pick will not cloud my eyes on what he did on all those other plays last night. I don't expect average, I don't demand average. I expect AND Demand MORE. So don't tell me to get off his back.

So we are calling out the player who had an interception and a FF? But not calling out the DE's who got no pressure on the QB, or the dline and LB's who let McClain run the ball 9 straight times for 5 first downs at the end, or the Oline who couldn't block for sh*t all night long. Or the QB who couldn't keep from getting balls batted at the line when he is 6'5! But hey, lets call out the guy who actually made an impact, yeah, that's the redskins way!!

Holy****! Finally someone with an understanding of the game. LL did a good job last night"." With a d-line that cant pressure the QB at all and cant stop the run, what do we as fan really expect?

I saw some jack*** post how great the other safty was (Ed Reed future HOF) and LL should have played like that. Lets take a look at what ER has around him... two probowl LB's, two probowl D-lineman, and a couple of good CB's. Now lets look at LL... one good LB past his prime, four of the worst D-linemen in the league and (at times) good but always injured CB's.

:cheers:

You just made my point for me. If we had drafted a lineman instead of a safety, maybe we would have gotten some pressure on the other QB all season. Landry represents the second Top 10 pick spent on a safety in the space of 4 years while the Skins have not spent even a first day pick on D-lineman over a decade.

Think about that. Just stop and think about it. It is NOT a knock on Landry either.

You just made my point for me. If we had drafted a lineman instead of a safety, maybe we would have gotten some pressure on the other QB all season. Landry represents the second Top 10 pick spent on a safety in the space of 4 years while the Skins have not spent even a first day pick on D-lineman over a decade.

Think about that. Just stop and think about it. It is NOT a knock on Landry either.

But Landry is outperforming the linemen we were thinking about drafting at the time. Amobi Okoye hasn't had a sack all year nor does Adam Carriker and Jamaal Anderson had none last year and just two this year. Essentially no impact from any of these lineman that we looked at.

I think we made the right choice, good job on that one Vinny.

Ok then who would you have picked on the dline ahead of Landry that year. They all suck. Jamaal Anderson, Okoye, Carriker, Moss, Spencer, Branch. Pretty much the only player who is doing well is Woodley but that is because he plays in a 3-4 and as a down 4-3 defensive end I doubt that he would be that effective. The pick was a good pick, especially because of the ST tragedy. Some people expect him to be super man but with our horrible pass rush he is doing what he can. Compare him to Ed Reed, both forced fumbles, both made picks on balls thrown up the middle but the other pick Reed got was a direct result of the pass rush. When do we ever get that???

Landry had a pretty good game marred by one blown play (the Heap catch). If the rest of the team had done its job, this would be a non-factor, same as for Carlos who had a pretty good game marred by letting the late TD go. The defensive secondary is probably the best part of this team. Concentrate on the actual problems.

Archived