Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New York Giants......2008 NFC East Champions!!! (NFC playoff picture)

Tom [Giants fan]

Yes, I am upset about the loss to the Eagles today. But the Cowboys loss made it a whole lot easier to take.

Now, the NFC playoff picture got a lot foggier today. Even though two playoffs spots were taken up today, there are a lot of teams still in the hunt. The Lions, Rams, Seahawks, 49er's, and almost the Packers are gone. Everyone else has a very realistic shot at the playoffs.

What does it come down to? Tonight and tomorrow night. The Redskins will be in the middle of the wildcard race with a win tonight. The Giants showed that you can run on the Ravens. One of these two teams are going to improve their playoff situation tremendously.

And of course, tomorrow night the battle for the NFC South with the Panthers and the Bucs. The loser is one game ahead of the other teams.

But, the sixth spot is wide open. Here is how it looks right now.

1. Giants

2. Tampa Bay

3. Arizona

4. Minnesota

5. Carolina

Here is the last spot and who is fighting for it right now:

Dallas 8-5

Atlanta 8-5

Washinton 7-5

Philadelphia 7-5-1

New Orleans 7-6

Chicago 7-6

If the Redskins win, they would be right behind the Cowboys. They would leap frog Atlanta because of better conference record. But Atlanta would have played one conference game less. The Redskins would be behind the Cowboys because the Cowboys have played one less game and lost one less.

Great day of football.

Let me end it by saying good luck to the Redskins to make this a very interesting final three weeks.

;5906338']

Dallas 8-5

Atlanta 8-5

Washinton 7-5

Philadelphia 7-5-1

New Orleans 7-6

Chicago 7-6

If the Redskins win' date=' they would be right behind the Cowboys. They would leap frog Atlanta because of better conference record. But Atlanta would have played one conference game less. The Redskins would be behind the Cowboys because the Cowboys have played one less game and lost one less..[/quote']

Um, can you explain how they have played one less? If we win, both the Redskins and Dallas would have 8-5 records. And I thought we win the tiebreaker because of the points from our games.

Um, can you explain how they have played one less? If we win, both the Redskins and Dallas would have 8-5 records. And I thought we win the tiebreaker because of the points from our games.

They would have played one less division game. The Cowboys are 2-2 and the Skins are 2-3. I mean, it is just for now that tiebreaker. They will both have played six when it is over and that is when it will matter. Hopefully, the Giants can add another division and conference loss to the Cowboys.

Pardon me for not joining in on the celebration...

It isn't really a celebration. I am very happy they won it but there is a lot more to do.

This thread was really to show what is happening in the NFC as a whole for the playoffs.

The Cardinals won the NFC West but I'm not putting that in the title. And even though the Rams only had 10 points, they had over 300 yards which they haven't done too often this year. The Cardinals defense is definitely their week link.

;5906338']Yes' date=' I am upset about the loss to the Eagles today. But the Cowboys loss made it a whole lot easier to take.

Now, the NFC playoff picture got a lot foggier today. Even though two playoffs spots were taken up today, there are a lot of teams still in the hunt. The Lions, Rams, Seahawks, 49er's, and almost the Packers are gone. Everyone else has a very realistic shot at the playoffs.

What does it come down to? Tonight and tomorrow night. The Redskins will be in the middle of the wildcard race with a win tonight. The Giants showed that you can run on the Ravens. One of these two teams are going to improve their playoff situation tremendously.

And of course, tomorrow night the battle for the NFC South with the Panthers and the Bucs. The loser is one game ahead of the other teams.

But, the sixth spot is wide open. Here is how it looks right now.

1. Giants

2. Tampa Bay

3. Arizona

4. Minnesota

5. Carolina

Dallas 8-5

Atlanta 8-5

Washinton 7-5

Philadelphia 7-5-1

New Orleans 7-6

Chicago 7-6

If the Redskins win, they would be right behind the Cowboys. They would leap frog Atlanta because of better conference record. But Atlanta would have played one conference game less. The Redskins would be behind the Cowboys because the Cowboys have played one less game and lost one less.

Great day of football.

Let me end it by saying good luck to the Redskins to make this a very interesting final three weeks.[/quote']

Tom , what is the word on Jacobs? Anything up there?

Apparently, NBC loves the Giants even more than I do. Now that the Panthers-Giants matchup has been flexed, we can all look forward to back-to-back G-men games on Sunday Night Football.

*sigh*

I guess if a different NFC East team is going to succeed, I'd rather have the Giants than the Eagles or Cowboys.

It was fun watching you guys beat the **** out of Tom Brady.

Archived