Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking at the Ravens Schedule

dwills1

Not to take anything away from the defense....but they have beat the bengals twice, texans, browns twice, dolphins and eagles. They have struggled against most good teams. Again....not to take anything away from them...but they seem to be thriving off of a weak schedule. Their defense is not flawless....

So what's the excuse for their defense being consistenly good in years past? You know, when the AFC was way more dominant than it is this year?

Or how about when they almost beat the Patriots last year and didn't get 50 points put on them like our defense did. You guys drink entirely too much burgundy kool-aid, no wonder yall go nuts when we lose. lol

The Ravens are far from an elite team... they are solid, nothing more. Their schedule bears that out....they've feasted on a few terrible teams and they've gotten beat (fairly handily) by the best teams they've played.

Having said that, I'd say the Redskins are on the same level as the Dolphins and Eagles overall.....and Baltimore handled both of those teams.

That is the only reason why I'm hanging on to some faith about this game. I do not believe the Ravens is as good as people think. It's the Steelers division hands down. We saw what the ravens done against the top teams Giants and Titans. Sure you look at all the stat numbers of their defense that also benefit playing the teams they have played. You can move the ball against them but you can't make mistakes.

i just read that there D has scored somthing like 4 TD's in the last 5 games ...THEIR DEFENSE.

I don't know much about the Ravens excepct that they got freaking witches on Defense.

Know this ... Ed Reed, by himself, can beat the redskins. I still can't get that SACK, FORCED FUMBLE, FUMBLE RECOVERY, TOUCHDOWN play that he killed us with a few years back.

Fellas, I think the chances of us winning is slim to none, regardless of who the ravens have played.

They, and I hate to say this, "SEEM" like a tougher team. They also "APPEAR" to be more aggressive, and *gulp ... MORE ATHELETIC ... not good.

I got nuthin but bad feelings for this game man.

No one said they weren't good....all I'm saying is that they have flaws and can be exposed.....yes they can beat us. i'm aware of that chris luva luva. u drinkin purple kool aid in btown?

Nope not at all, I think a lot of this is just crazy talk. But I guess this is all that we have left cus the product of the field doesn't back the BS up.

Not to take anything away from the defense....but they have beat the bengals twice, texans, browns twice, dolphins and eagles. They have struggled against most good teams. Again....not to take anything away from them...but they seem to be thriving off of a weak schedule. Their defense is not flawless....

So they haven't beat world beaters but Texans, Dolphins, Eagles all have decent offenses (total yards rank: 5th, 9th, 6th), way better than ours. I don't know if you just look at stats or you actually watch the games themselves. I watch the ravens beat the texans, dolphins and eagles (and other teams) and let me tell you they totally domination and they shut down everyone of them. You see how our offense performs against the NYG, Pitt...expect the same thing. We will not be able to run on them and I don't know if JC will pass more than 220 yards. 13 points will be hard to come by for us, unless something in our offense has changed.

Dude for real...we are 7-5. We have a lot of new parts on our team. We have a bad 3rd of our season. We lost against Pitt, a desperate Dallas team and tough Giants team. Let's wait and see how this team responds before we cast judgement. As fans we must be patient and understanding. It's not being a homer...it's understanding the game and being a realist

So they haven't beat world beaters but Texans, Dolphins, Eagles all have decent offenses (total yards rank: 5th, 9th, 6th), way better than ours. I don't know if you just look at stats or you actually watch the games themselves. I watch the ravens beat the texans, dolphins and eagles (and other teams) and let me tell you they totally domination and they shut down everyone of them. You see how our offense performs against the NYG, Pitt...expect the same thing. We will not be able to run on them and I don't know if JC will pass more than 220 yards. 13 points will be hard to come by for us, unless something in our offense has changed.

I watched the Texans game (and every Ravens game for that matter). And if Rosenfels has anything but NOT an NFL QB they would of won. I watched him literally throw 2 INT to Ray Lewis. It's not that Ray Ray did anything spectacular or read the defense. Rosenfels literally threw 2 balls right to him. It was literally so bad that I said to my buddy "he must be shedding points".

I'm sorry but "domination" isn't a word I would use. The Giants dominate, and the Ravens operate.

Case in point Eagles game: The Eagles are down 15 points on the Ravens one yard line. Kevin Kolb (in what was a terrible play call) drops back and throws it right to Ed Reed.

What you fail to mention in your post is how they simply lose to good football teams. Period.

Nope not at all, I think a lot of this is just crazy talk. But I guess this is all that we have left cus the product of the field doesn't back the BS up.

You are probably one of the people who said we didn't have a shot at making the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years....but it happened. Try being positive for once, it feels pretty good. Not saying we will make the playoffs, but there is a chance, ya know?

I wonder whether the people who have already written this game off as a loss have looked at Baltimore's wins and losses. They've been talking as if the Ravens are an unbeatable juggernaut. They can be beat. It won't be easy, but they can be beat.

The Ravens didn't lose to the 2-10 Saints and almost lose to the the 0-12 Lions. We did. The Ravens have scored 290 points this season and allowed 192.

By contrast, the Redskins have scored 208 and given up 222. The Ravens have an 8-4 record and have OUTSCORED their opponents by nearly 100 points over 12 games. By contrast, the Skins have lost BIG to good teams and barely eeked out victories against bad and mediocre teams.

The Ravens are, by far, the better team.

I'm not sure I see the point. Miami, Houston, and Philly are all ranked above us in Offense. Bengals and Browns both have rookie QB's playing. We only average about 30 more passing yards a game than the Browns.

Sure their D is not flawless but our passing game is average to below average. With a banged up Portis I'd say it's going to be a long night on Sunday.

Archived