Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you cuss using T9 on YOUR phone?

MissU28

Mine let's me say the F word, the D word, but not the S word. It turns **** into 'shut'.

The B word is fine, as are both male and female C words.

i don't even get the D word. No to the F word, but I get the S word now because I think I saved it in there and it remembers it. No B word and no female C word, but the male C word I get

i don't even get the D word. No to the F word, but I get the S word now because I think I saved it in there and it remembers it. No B word and no female C word, but the male C word I get

LOL at you guys not being "allowed" to use cuss words. I'll stick with my phone for awhile. Thanks for the heads up.

Cj,

t9's objective is to make it easier to type text messages. It allows words to be entered by a single keypress for each letter, as opposed to the multi-tap approach used in the older generation of mobile phones in which several letters are associated with each key, and selecting one letter often requires multiple keypresses.

It combines the groups of letters on each phone key with a fast-access dictionary of words. It looks up in the dictionary all words corresponding to the sequence of keypresses and orders them by frequency of use. As it gains familiarity with the words and phrases the user commonly uses, it speeds up the process by offering the most frequently used words first and then lets the user access other choices with one or more presses of a predefined next key.

The dictionary can be expanded by adding missing words, enabling them to be recognized in the future. After introducing a new word, the next time the user tries to produce that word t9 will add it to the predictive dictionary.

The user can manually add words to the udb (user database) via multi-tap. The implementation of the user database depends on the version of t9 and how t9 is actually integrated on the device. Some phone manufacturers implement a permanent user database, while others implement one for the duration of the session.

FYI, mine is not really T9, I have the iPhone it's more like auto spell check. But if you don't X out the suggested word, it will autofill like a mother.

yeah that took some getting used to (don't have an iphone, but have an ipod touch that i would get online with at school) but its not too bad after a while

Archived