Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Mora to Huskies????? Do we lose Zorn to Seattle???

sigmanu278

Just read on yahoo rumors that Jim Mora maybe getting the head coahing job at the University of Washington (his alma mater). If this happens do you that Seattle would try to hire Jim Zorn as their next head coach? He still has a house in Seattle and knows all the players, plus they already know the offense he brings.

here is the article

Two years ago, then-Atlanta Falcons coach Jim Mora sealed his fate in Atlanta by saying in a radio interview that he'd bolt the Falcons (as Bobby Petrino would do a year later) if Mora had the opportunity to become the head coach at the University of Washington, his alma mater. Mora was later fired by the Falcons, apparently due in part to his surprisingly candid display of disloyalty to his employer.

And so he landed as an assistant coach with the Seahawks. With head coach Mike Holmgren deciding to make 2008 his final year with the team, the Seahawks entered into an agreement earlier this year that will make Mora the head coach after Holmgren goes. (An exception to the Rooney Rule permits such arrangements, even though we think that such arrangements circumvent the spirit of the rule.)

But now the Washington job is open, and rumors are flying that Mora is getting the job, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Mora had clear his feelings for the position in 2006, and with the struggles of the 2-10 Seahawks and his membership on the current coaching staff, there's a chance that Mora would instantly be on the hot seat from Day One on the job.

That would be ridiculous and would suck. And i doubt we would let him go. But being a redskins fan, I know that anything can happen. We really need to give this man some time.

The only way i'd see this happening is if something is going on internally. Dan and Vinny (and possibly players) would have to see something that we the fans aren't seeing. And bringing in Cowher isn't the answer!!

Yes jim zorn is going to use his superpowers to void his contract. Then sign with his old team that let him go because they didnt respect him. O yeah of course hes going to leave his redskins for the worst team in nfc west with a qb going 35. Yeap very smart post.

Unless he has some special connection with that university, I doubt he'd choose a college head coaching job over an NFL one.

Zorns put a lot of work into the Redskins and he really fits in well....he's not going anywhere for awhile~

He's under contract to the Washington Redskins thus Seattle would have to ask permission after the season to talk to him and then Seattle would have to give the Redskins compensation for his rights, very similar to a player trade. Seattle just can't call up Zorn and offer the job and Zorn just can't leave the Redskins and head back west.

Consider the source and move on.

What's wrong with PFT? The guy is a lawyer and he has a few decent sources. Oh wait, maybe you're confused with the thing called "Rumor Mill" you know...where you list rumors and not exactly FACTS, or is it that he has taken a bash at a franchise that has deserved one in years past?

PFT is a good site for football related info and rumors.

not sure if you're suggesting Yahoo or PFT. If it's Yahoo, I can't defend them, they just suck.

He's under contract to the Washington Redskins thus Seattle would have to ask permission after the season to talk to him and then Seattle would have to give the Redskins compensation for his rights, very similar to a player trade. Seattle just can't call up Zorn and offer the job and Zorn just can't leave the Redskins and head back west.

I would take 2 # 1's, wouldn't you? But they have to take Vinny and DS

Zorn was b-slapped by the Seahawks for the past 2 years. The club refused to commit to making him OC or indeed retaining him at all when Mora took over operations.

My guess is that Zorn still loves the fans and a number of the players in Seattle, but has little regard for the front office and ownership since they showed him such little regard.

When you think about it, who exactly is Jim Mora to be given an 'heir apparent' title to a coach in Mike Holmgren who has taken teams to 3 Super Bowls?

Mora has accomplished little as a HC in the NFL in a short stint in Atlanta, hardly something to pin the future of your franchise on.

Archived