Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Death Metal fans?

RawBBQSauce

For me, being a guitar player for 8 years, I was always searching for the next best thing as far as the degree of difficulty is concerned.

I found death metal about 3 years ago and I haven't found anything else that gives me more of a challenge with my instrument. That's why I am constantly searching for people that enjoy the genre. Like my drummer, he is a death metal fan and he also thinks that it is as difficult as it gets.

I understand how you don't approve of the music. But for me, vocals in music are not where my ear concentrates. So after listening to the music for a long time, I have become completely accustomed to the vocal style. But the genre is all about "aggression", and you can't really voice "aggression" with clean vocals in the same manner as you can with death metal growls.

If your looking for complex music that isn't DM. I would suggest anything by Robert Fripp. One of the greatest guitarists of all time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fripp

I agree. Apparently Ministry ripped off Slayer. My buddy says that the solo in "Just one Fix" is from a Slayer song.

gimme the thorozine..OH THE THOROZINE!!

RELAX!!

that was my song back when we used to get high...lol

I just looked that up and someone is saying it is ripping off "South of Heaven"...I cant hear that off the top of my head though.

gimme the thorozine..OH THE THOROZINE!!

RELAX!!

that was my song back when we used to get high...lol

I just looked that up and someone is saying it is ripping off "South of Heaven"...I cant hear that off the top of my head though.

My buddy was actually telling me last night. The Problem is the only Slayer song I know by name is "Raining Blood". I guess the Bonghits didn't help.:(

I used to be into a lot of melo death, like At The Gates, In Flames, etc. I then moved to grindcore (Nasum, Napalm Death, Rotten Sound, Aborted, Carcass), which I still listen to regularly. Misery Index rules all, combining punk, thrash, grind and death metal. They have the best riffs and grooves ever. EVER. Highly recommended. Nowadays I listen to Origin, Nile and Bloodbath in the straight DM genre.

What I'm into mostly now though is poly-rythmic stuff and abstract music, such as Meshuggah, Cephalic Carnage, Blut Aus Nord, and industrial black metal like Anaal Nathrakh, Red Harvest, The Amenta, and The Axis Of Perdition.

Anaal Nathrakh has the most savage, apocalyptic sound imaginable and Axis of Perdition creates the most horrifying creepiness around. If you can find it, check out the track "Forms On The Other Side Of Silence". But DO NOT listen to it at night, alone, and/or when it's raining. It will scramble your sanity.

And besides that stuff, I'm huge into ambient and drone. Jesu, Robert Rich, Brian Eno, Lustmord, Atrium Carceri and Sunn O))) all get heavy play.

Lamb of God isn't death metal and he doesn't do "cookie monster" vocals.

How long have you listened to Lamb of God? Check out everything before "Ashes of the Wake." Pay special attention to an album called "Burn the Priest" That is Lamb of God's first album, when they were called Burn the Priest. Check out New American Gospel also. While they aren't as Death Metal as say Cannibal Corpse, their early stuff was definately about "Death" and Randy most certainly was singing like the cookie monster.

I used to be into a lot of melo death, like At The Gates, In Flames, etc. I then moved to grindcore (Nasum, Napalm Death, Rotten Sound, Aborted, Carcass), which I still listen to regularly. Misery Index rules all, combining punk, thrash, grind and death metal. They have the best riffs and grooves ever. EVER. Highly recommended. Nowadays I listen to Origin, Nile and Bloodbath in the straight DM genre.

What I'm into mostly now though is poly-rythmic stuff and abstract music, such as Meshuggah, Cephalic Carnage, Blut Aus Nord, and industrial black metal like Anaal Nathrakh, Red Harvest, The Amenta, and The Axis Of Perdition.

Anaal Nathrakh has the most savage, apocalyptic sound imaginable and Axis of Perdition creates the most horrifying creepiness around. If you can find it, check out the track "Forms On The Other Side Of Silence". But DO NOT listen to it at night, alone, and/or when it's raining. It will scramble your sanity.

And besides that stuff, I'm huge into ambient and drone. Jesu, Robert Rich, Brian Eno, Lustmord, Atrium Carceri and Sunn O))) all get heavy play.

All good stuff. Definitely.

Check out some Spawn of Possession. Or better yet, check out the new album by The Faceless, "Planetary Duality". Real good stuff as far as tech/progressive death goes.

And Nile is my favorite band, so I'm glad you mentioned them. :applause:

As far as drone goes, do you listen to any Pelican or Isis?

All good stuff. Definitely.

Check out some Spawn of Possession. Or better yet, check out the new album by The Faceless, "Planetary Duality". Real good stuff as far as tech/progressive death goes.

And Nile is my favorite band, so I'm glad you mentioned them. :applause:

As far as drone goes, do you listen to any Pelican or Isis?

yeah Pelican is awesome. Have you heard of 5ive? Similar, but have a crusty guitar style and unusually fast unrelenting pace.

The Faceless is pretty crazy, reminded me of Necrophagist and the like.

And Nile does F****N rock. During the summer and warm weather I listen to nothing but Annihilation Of the Wicked with the top down on my Jeep. To all those that look over at me on the road...I think to myself as 3 Inches of Blood said best "enemies of metal, your death is our reward" LOL I crack myself up.

yeah Pelican is awesome. Have you heard of 5ive? Similar, but have a crusty guitar style and unusually fast unrelenting pace.

The Faceless is pretty crazy, reminded me of Necrophagist and the like.

And Nile does F****N rock. During the summer and warm weather I listen to nothing but Annihilation Of the Wicked with the top down on my Jeep. To all those that look over at me on the road...I think to myself as 3 Inches of Blood said best "enemies of metal, your death is our reward" LOL I crack myself up.

I've heard of 5ive but never listened to them. And I feel the same way when I blast metal and people look, lol.

Also, if anyone cares, check out this cover I did a few months back and tell me what you think:

Death metal fan here. I like Carcass (Heartwork is the ****!), Cannibal Corpse, Entombed and Obituary. I guess maybe old-school Sepultura could be considered death metal too.

Yes, Heartwork may be the best album ever. It's perfection from the drums to guitar notes to the studio production itself.

BTW, did anyone else see Carcass on their U.S tour?? My god that was awesome. I saw them at Sonar in Baltimore. Every band destroyed the place and I was front row the entire time. Craziness.

Yes, Heartwork may be the best album ever. It's perfection from the drums to guitar notes to the studio production itself.

BTW, did anyone else see Carcass on their U.S tour?? My god that was awesome. I saw them at Sonar in Baltimore. Every band destroyed the place and I was front row the entire time. Craziness.

No, I'm sure that was awesome though.

BUT, I did see Nile over the summer and I was right up front. It was a pretty life changing experience to witness gods here on earth.

Man if I were still there I would have paid a lot of money to see that show.

I forgot to mention the band "Death." The Philosopher has one of my favorite riffs ever...RIP Chuck Schuldiner.

Man if I were still there I would have paid a lot of money to see that show.

I forgot to mention the band "Death." The Philosopher has one of my favorite riffs ever...RIP Chuck Schuldiner.

Dude, you'll be angry to know that it was only $30 a ticket to see:

Carcass

Suffocation

Aborted

Pig Destroyer

Rotten Sound

Misery Index

Archived