Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: NFL suspends six players for four games each

Chuong9

NFL suspends six players for four games each

NFL.com

The NFL suspended six players for four games each on Tuesday for violating the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances.

The suspended players are Charles Grant, Deuce McAllister and Will Smith of the New Orleans Saints, Bryan Pittman of the Houston Texans, and Kevin Williams and Pat Williams of the Minnesota Vikings.

The suspensions, which cover the final four games of the regular season, are without pay.

Sorry about the title not including the reason for suspension.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80cfe423&template=with-video&confirm=true

it's a violation of their policy, but I think the policy needs to be changed. Evidence has been shown and articles written as to the strict weight levels players have to keep, and diuretics appear to be common.

Also, masking doesn't imply in any way that any drugs were done. 4 games seems like a harsh penalty for just masking, especially if there is no other evidence of drug use.

it's a violation of their policy, but I think the policy needs to be changed. Evidence has been shown and articles written as to the strict weight levels players have to keep, and diuretics appear to be common.

Also, masking doesn't imply in any way that any drugs were done. 4 games seems like a harsh penalty for just masking, especially if there is no other evidence of drug use.

Masking does imply that if there were other drugs in their system they would be undetectable, hence why they're called "masking" agents.

Almost every player suspended under the steroid policy was nailed for the masking agent, not the steroids. Peppers, Merriman,...

Plus, what other evidence of drug use could you find?

I do understand the NFL's drug testing is a joke though. Remember when the Panthers' players' doctor was convicted of illegally prescribing steroids to several players? Not a single one ever tested positive for 'roids. How did they beat the system? Evidently pretty easily.

Um, rules are rules...regardless of what's 'common.'

When players learn to abide by the NFL rules and the rules of society, we will all be able to look up to them.

Skirting rules is nothing to be proud of.

Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. WHat a blow to the Vikings. Unbelievable.

@Detroit - W

@Arizona - W(Cards have no run game)

Atlanta - L(This is where their losses will hurt-the Falcons are a run first team)

Giants - W, NY will likely rest their starters, HOWEVER...

Here's the Bears schedule

Jacksonville - W

Green Bay - W

New Orleans - W

@Houston - W

Both will be 10-6, and I believe the Bears own the tie-breaker for NFCN.

@Detroit - W

Atlanta - L(This is where their losses will hurt-the Falcons are a run first team)

Jacksonville - W

Green Bay - W

New Orleans - W

@Houston - W

The Bears are not going to win out.

@Detroit - W

Jacksonville - W

Green Bay - W

New Orleans - W

@Houston - W

What a gift to Detroit. With the Vikings reeling from the loss of both of their starting DT's, this may be the Lions' last, best shot to win a game this year.

@Detroit - W

Jacksonville - W

Green Bay - W

New Orleans - W

@Houston - W

You don't really think the bears stand a chance against the Saints passing offense, do you?

and after the 37-3 blowout loss against Green Bay, why does everyone seem to think the bears are gonna win this time?

You don't really think the bears stand a chance against the Saints passing offense, do you?

and after the 37-3 blowout loss against Green Bay, why does everyone seem to think the bears are gonna win this time?

1. B/c the Saints are a passing team, and they'll be going into that unpredictable Chicago freeze AND wind? They didn't play particularly well the last 2 years they played there in the winter.

2. B/c the Bears will be in revenge mode after getting their teeth kicked in the first time?

1. B/c the Saints are a passing team, and they'll be going into that unpredictable Chicago freeze AND wind? They didn't play particularly well the last 2 years they played there in the winter.

well they did a pretty damn good job in Green Bay, in cold, windy weather.

2. B/c the Bears will be in revenge mode after getting their teeth kicked in the first time?

Looking for revenge don't mean you're gonna get it. They lost to GB's running game which was supposed to be their strong suit. If they can't stop GB's run, how can they expect to stop the pass? Maybe, MAYBE they'll be able to stop the run game this time, but they aren't known for their pass defense.

I'm more relieved that the Giants probably won't have to face those guys in the playoffs now.
I agree. By the time the Giants will face them in the regular season the Giants will more than likely be resting starters. I "did" think the Vikings would be in the playoffs and be a scary team to face. Now they won't make it to the post season.

I agree. By the time the Giants will face them in the regular season the Giants will more than likely be resting starters. I "did" think the Vikings would be in the playoffs and be a scary team to face. Now they won't make it to the post season.

Brad Childress has had some incredibly bad luck in his tenure in Minny too.

well they did a pretty damn good job in Green Bay, in cold, windy weather.

Are you talking about the Saints? Their recent 51-29 win over GB was in the dome

Looking for revenge don't mean you're gonna get it. They lost to GB's running game which was supposed to be their strong suit. If they can't stop GB's run, how can they expect to stop the pass? Maybe, MAYBE they'll be able to stop the run game this time, but they aren't known for their pass defense.

The Bears "Tampa 2" system is actually designed to stop the pass. its when they encounter good running teams (like the Vikings), when they have trouble. And Sean Payton refuses to gamplan for a run.

Are you talking about the Saints? Their recent 51-29 win over GB was in the dome

oops, you're right, I was thinking of their more recent game against the panthers which wasn't exactly a blowout.

The Bears "Tampa 2" system is actually designed to stop the pass. its when they encounter good running teams (like the Vikings), when they have trouble. And Sean Payton refuses to gamplan for a run.

well, I guess we'll have to see how well that plan works then. The Packers didn't exactly have much of a running game before they played the Bears, but they did get season-high rushing yards against 'em.

Vikings attempt to plug a huge hole in the middle of their defense.

Vikings sign Kennedy

December 3rd, 2008 – 2:52 PM by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings signed defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy to fill one of the roster spots vacated by Pat and Kevin Williams, who have been suspended for four games by the NFL for violating the league’s steroid policy.

Kennedy, 6-4, 320 pounds, had most recently been with the Jacksonville Jaguars. He was released on Nov. 24, a day after the Jaguars lost 30-12 to the Vikings. Kennedy was not active for that game. He entered the NFL as the 12th overall pick of the St. Louis Rams in 2003 and spent four seasons with the team. He had a career-high three sacks in 2005 but has only four for his career.

Kennedy was traded by the Rams to Denver and spent training camp in 2007 with the Broncos. He joined Chicago for the final three games of last season.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2235

Archived