Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to build the trenches Vinny...

shakinaiken

Being at today's miserably cold game, one thing really stuck out at me: games are won in the trenches. This sentiment has been repeated often, though i was never able to witness a better example of it, till I saw the New York Giants completley manhandle the redskins. Wait you say we need recievers? need cornerbacks? But this guy runs a sub 4.4, we should definitly draft him, right???? No, o lne and d line.. and thats it. i mean when it comes down to it, who the hell is Derek Ward? or Ahmad Bradshaw? or Dominic Hixson? who is Kevin Boss? yeah i dont know either, but they look really good...

I don't think we need d-tackles. I like Anthony M, Kedric G, and Cornelius Griffin. We need pass rushers. I like Andre Carter but he doesn't seem like he's fast enough. Jason Taylor has been the bust that we feared he would be.

The O-line needs a complete makeover. Sit Jansen and start Heyer, I think he's a real find for the O-Line.

It's been time for 5 years. If we had allocated a couple of high draft picks to quality OL/DL each year, we'd have a replenished stable of studs ready to take jobs away from the aging vets. Instead, we haven't drafted a 1st or 2nd round OL or DL in nearly a decade!!! Meanwhile we've thrown away draft picks in every desperation move imaginable from Duckett to J. Taylor to Lloyd etc... The result is that both lines get dominated, and now we have to start rebuilding both on the fly, in a year where we have no 2nd or 4th round picks. This is a horrible, horrible front office coming home to roost.

The worst news is that our division rivals are brilliant at placing draft emphasis on the lines, and are destroying us as a result.

I don't think we need d-tackles. I like Anthony M, Kedric G, and Cornelius Griffin. We need pass rushers. I like Andre Carter but he doesn't seem like he's fast enough. Jason Taylor has been the bust that we feared he would be.

The O-line needs a complete makeover. Sit Jansen and start Heyer, I think he's a real find for the O-Line.

We need DT's who get pressure up the middle. Griffin is getting old and the other two aren't anything special.

It is time to draft o line and d line. Alot of em!

We need DT's who get pressure up the middle. Griffin is getting old and the other two aren't anything special.

It is time to draft o line and d line. Alot of em!

I agree! We need to build the O-Line. We already have plenty of receivers and our secondary looks deep enough with the addition of DeAngelo Hall. H.B. Blades looks to be a good replacement for Washington. However, the D-Line needs a big DE for run support because almost all of the young DEs we have are only good for passing downs. However I think Montgomery will be a great run stopping DT but I just hope he improves his work ethic because that was one of his weaknesses.

Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, and Mathias Kiwanuka... What do they all have in common?

1. They're all members of a division rival, the Giants.

2. They all have super bowl rings.

3. They all play at weights greater than 265lbs (although some sites say differently).

4. They can pass rush AND play the run.

5. They all were drafted by the Giants.

6. They were all drafted in the third round and above.

7. They all have, or are on pace to have, 10+ sack seasons.

Vinny Cerrato has said publicly that he avoids drafting D-Lineman (particularly defensive ends) high in the draft, if at all. Vinny Cerrato needs to be fired.

BTW, since Vinny has been a part of the Redskins organization (2000), we have drafted three lineman (offensive or defensive) in the first three rounds: Chris Samuels, Derrick Dockery, and Chad Rinehart.

The Giants have drafted eight: Jay Alford, Mathias Kiwanuka, Justin Tuck, Chris Snee, William Joseph (bust), Osi Umenyiora, Jeff Hatch (bust), and Cornelius Griffin.

First off I would like to say this is my first time replying to posts. I have been a redskin fan for a few years now, and have looked at this board a couple of years now. I have to say I really enjoy reading everyone's post( negative or positive). I have to totally agree with both lines needing some help. Rhinehart and Heyer should be very good in a year or too. But I think it is time to get younger. We need draft picks. Alot of you probably won't like this but one way of getting draft picks would be to trade Samuels and portis while their stock is pretty high and get some good picks in return. I love both of them, but their value is good right now. If we would trade portis one option would be Shonn Greene from Iowa. I have watched this kid all year and he has alot of energy, with alot of power and good speed for his size. When he gets hit he doesn't just go down he fights until they team up on him. Very impressive back . I am like alot of you we need to concentrate on the draft more, get younger and hopefully turn this franchise into something everybody know it can be. No matter how bad things get I will always be a redskin fan. I am sorry for not having proper paragraphs and stuff, but this is my first time on here, and I will get better at this just like the redskins will get better as a football franchise.

I see two needs on the line for next year:

1. A center who can block

2. A DT who can get regular penetration and draw double-teams.

We have a couple of young guys on the OL in Heyer and Reinhart and we are probably pretty good at DE right now. Problem is we have no one in the middle who scares anybody.

BTW' date=' since Vinny has been a part of the Redskins organization (2000), we have drafted three lineman (offensive or defensive) in the first three rounds: Chris Samuels, Derrick Dockery, and Chad Rinehart.

The Giants have drafted eight: Jay Alford, Mathias Kiwanuka, Justin Tuck, Chris Snee, William Joseph (bust), Osi Umenyiora, Jeff Hatch (bust), and Cornelius Griffin.[/quote']Don't give Vinny credit for Samuels. He was drafted in 1999, before Vinny. Whoever drafted Samuels deserves some credit. Whoever failed to draft any first or second round linemen since 1999 deserves to be fired.

Archived