Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The assassination of Lyndon LaRouche and the neo-con pretenders to Reagan's legacy

Atlanta Skins Fan

Originally posted by phanatic

Oh my! Could there be corruption in the White House? What are their goals? You know that every party has their own goals and most of the time BAD things happen to achieve them.

I agree readily, phanatic, but tens of thousands of Iraqis have already been killed on the basis of Bush administration lies, and that takes it to a new level. You don't even have to believe in a 9/11 conspiracy to see this.

This thread started on the subject of Lyndon LaRouche, and I'd like to return to that. The possible 9/11 conspiracy is obviously of overwhelming import if true, but it's such a large subject that it can easily overwhelm this thread. At this point I'm still gathering information.

The lead headline on Salon.com today is a review of the Saturday night (5/3/03) debate among Democratic Party presidential hopefuls. Nine candidates debated, including such figures as Al Sharpton. But, strangely, no Lyndon LaRouche, who is a registered Democratic and a candidate (once again) for 2004.

It turns out he was excluded. Looking into it, it appears that the powers in the Democratic Party really aren't interested in letting the people express their preferences for the Democratic nomination, or hearing from points of view threatening to their own views. Otherwise, they'd let LaRouche attend the debate -- as he had clearly earned the right through due diligence.

A protest letter from 40 current and former Democratic officials still did not result in an invitation by the Democratic Party to LaRouche for the debate. Here are some particulars from that letter:

http://www.larouchepub.com/pr/2003/030429so_car_debate_ltr.html

Mr. LaRouche is a registered Democratic Party candidate, filed with the Federal Election Commission, has raised well over $3 million for the upcoming primaries, and qualified for Federal Matching Funds in the last several election campaigns on the Democratic side. According to the FEC, he now ranks fourth in total contributions raised and first in total contributors, among all major Democratic candidates.

This is clearly a case of Democratic officials "fixing" the boxing match, in this case by not allowing the boxer even to enter the ring.

That's their legal right, since the debate is an invitation-only event. But it's clearly corrupt and a blatant example of politics as usual: f*ck the people.

Come on, folks. At some point you need to wake up to what's happening in both political parties. It's our country. And they are f*cking us in the a$$.

People are dying all over the world because of these corrupt parties and administrations. Like it or not, we have a responsibility for our government's actions. They work for us. Have you forgotten that?

:rotflmao: :laugh: ASF, you crack me up. You obviously have far more free time on your hands than I. LaRouche? You based almost an entire post on the ramblings of LaRouche?:rotflmao: When I have a little more time, I'll jump in here. Art has already started on some of the things i was going to point out, as well as Fan. There may not be much left by the time they get done. Oh, and as for 9/11....Elvis did it, right after the UFO dropped him off at Boston Logan

Originally posted by fansince62

2) the Congress that votes for this has to go along as well.....there are many ways other than overt resistance to undermine such an effort. you have to explain how everyone in a power position can be suborned, cajoled or bought off.

fan,

Most of your questions in your first post were, as you intended, unanswerable. I can't answer why the universe was created, but I still seem to be awake and breathing.

This one question posted here has clear answers. I suppose you know them already, and are hoping to bait me into an answer that sounds paranoid and racist, thereby discrediting my argument.

For those who don't understand the answers to fan's question, I suggest these books by former 22-year U.S. Congressman Paul Findley:

The books can be purchased from Amazon.com via the links above. If you want a preview, read the customer reviews.

The short answer is that every national U.S. politician who has vocally opposed Israel's agenda has been silenced or thrown out of office, via targeted smear campaigns (frequently based on spying and leaks) and opponent campaign contributions.

Congress simply can't debate this issue. It's like having a debate with a gun to your head. The fault lies in our campaign finance system primarily, though also in the ownership of our major media, and most explosively through the enduring power of the smear: "He's an anti-Semite."

fan: I see you've already reached for that one in your bag of tricks.

It occurs to me that my last post leaves the impression that I believe Israel itself or Israeli-manipulated U.S. factions must be responsible for the 9/11 conspiracy. That's not my position.

While I'm disturbed by the incredible influence of the pro-Israeli lobby, which has caused the U.S. to become ever more enmeshed in the Middle East quagmire, I'm less inclined to see Israel (and particularly Israel's government) as the source of a 9/11 conspiracy. To say the least, this could backfire on Israel and cause the U.S. to become its enemy if such a plot were exposed.

The most compelling theory to me is a U.S.-driven conspiracy by anti-Islamic, pro-Israeli hawks, who wish to see Israel's enemies destroyed, but whose greatest ambition is global U.S. hegemony achieved by conquest and intimidation. In short: an American empire.

The ideological "axis of evil" here can be summed up here in the three-headed dragon of Cheney, Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld -- Cheney the capitalist baron, Wolfowitz the "attack first" Zionist and Rumsfeld the crusading field marshal. There are certainly others involved, but this trio can suffice as demonstration.

Obviously I have shown no smoking gun yet pointing to their involvement in 9/11, but their actions since 9/11 demonstrate the mentality that I do believe drove a U.S.-initiated or U.S.-complicit 9/11 conspiracy.

Obviously the plot that I'm suggesting bears similarity to the Lavon Affair of 1954. I'm not the first to see possible parallels between 9/11 and that "false flag" conspiracy that brought down Israel's founding Ben-Gurion government:

In 1954, Israeli agents working in Egypt planted bombs in several buildings, including a United States diplomatic facility, and left evidence behind implicating Arabs as the culprits. The ruse would have worked, had not one of the bombs detonated prematurely, allowing the Egyptians to capture and identify one of the bombers, which in turn led to the round up of an Israeli spy ring. Some of the spies were from Israel, while others were recruited fro the local Jewish population. Israel responded to the scandal with claims in the media that there was no spy ring, that it was all a hoax perpetrated by "anti-Semites". But as the public trial progressed, it was evidence that Israel had indeed been behind the bombing. Eventually, Israeli's Defense Minister Pinhas Lavon was brought down by the scandal, although it appears that he was himself the victim of a frame-up by the real authors of the bombing project, code named "Operation Susannah."

It is therefore a fact that Israel has a prior history of setting off bombs with the intent to blame Arabs for them.

The problem with extending the Lavon Affair as a direct model for 9/11 is the sheer audacity of 9/11. As noted in my previous post, exposure of such a plot would instantly make Israel the #1 U.S. enemy. It seems unlikely that the Israeli government (no matter what one might think of Sharon) would undertake such risk, and while Israeli spy agencies like Mossad are loose cannons, even Mossad might be expected to be over-awed by the risk of 9/11.

At the same time, the more I analyze the Bush administration in the early months leading up to 9/11, the more obvious it is that a Wolfowitz cabal could not have executed a 9/11 plot with any mainstream U.S. military complicity. Relations between Rumsfeld and the military brass were so strained in August 2001 that Pentagon sources were leaking that Rumsfeld might be forced to resign. This breach between civilian and uniform in DOD makes all the "Air Force drone jet" 9/11 fringe theories all the more ridiculous.

Nonetheless, as I will show in time, it is clear that the Wolfowitz group had been spending up to 10 years preparing and praying for a 9/11 world, at which time they could finally unleash their fascist conquest of the world. What they lacked, as a "chickenhawk" think tank prior to Bush's election, was the means to trigger their Armageddon.

This, I think, is where Mossad fits in. Key members of the Wolfowitz group had Israeli intelligence contacts dating back to their roles in Iran-Contra and the Jonathan Pollard spy scandal of the Reagan administration (involving Israel spying on the U.S.). In this scenario, the Americans would plan the strategy, and Mossad would execute it, likely through Islamic radicals duped in a "false flag" scenario. Osama bin Laden, the patsy, might not even be involved. Nor Bush, the ultimate Manchurian Candidate, prior to 9/11.

It is a double, double-cross: duping the Islamic radicals into duping the American public and the American president.

Since John Ashcroft says he wants to get to the bottom of 9/11, maybe he can find time to chat with the folks who really benefitted from 9/11.

He could start with the Defense Policy Board, also known as the military-industrial carpetbaggers of Armageddon.

Or he could go straight to the authors of doom, The Project for the New American Century. Here are some nice folks from that club currently or formerly on the Bush payroll:

• Paul Wolfowitz
  • Dick Cheney
  • Donald Rumsfeld
  • Lewis Libby
  • Elliott Abrams
  • Richard Perle (aka "Prince of Darkness")
  • Doug Feith

"Open up that scab, you uncover a lot of pus"

-- Nixon

"Well it a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world known as 'The Pentaverate,' who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado known as 'The Meadows.'"

"So who's in this Pentaverate?"

"The Queen, the Vatican, the Gottis, the Rothchilds AND Colonal Sanders before he went t!ts-up ... Oooh I hated the Colonal with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face 'Oooh you gonna buy my chicken ooooh!'"

"Dad, how can you hate, 'The Colonal?'"

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly SMART@SS!!!"

"Interesting ..."

Originally posted by Henry

"Well it a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world known as 'The Pentaverate,' who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado known as 'The Meadows.'"

"So who's in this Pentaverate?"

"The Queen, the Vatican, the Gottis, the Rothchilds AND Colonal Sanders before he went t!ts-up ... Oooh I hated the Colonal with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face 'Oooh you gonna buy my chicken ooooh!'"

"Dad, how can you hate, 'The Colonal?'"

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly SMART@SS!!!"

"Interesting ..."

Henry,

You get my vote for the poster of the year!:laugh: :laugh: :notworthy :notworthy

If you believe that Mohamed Atta was in fact involved in 9/11, and if I am correct that 9/11 was a U.S.-initiated conspiracy (as opposed to U.S.-tolerated conspiracy) emanating from the Bush team, the plot would have to have moved into execution stage sometime between March 7, 2000 and May 18, 2000.

Bush won the Super Tuesday primaries on March 7, essentially eliminating McCain as a viable contender. Atta surfaced on May 18, obtaining a tourist visa in Berlin, prior to entering the U.S. on June 3rd and beginning flying lessons in July.

Obviously at this point Bush had not even been formally nominated, yet alone elected president. However, by several reports, he had already offered the VP job to Cheney in March, presumably shortly after having won Super Tuesday.

Cheney reportedly "demurred". Whatever happened in their exchange, I'm sure Cheney left the door open to be the choice or at least to head the VP selection search on behalf of Bush.

That selection search, of course, turned out to be a charade, with Cheney concluding that he himself was the best choice. Meanwhile he'd had the opportunity to get the FBI files on every leading figure in the Republican party, a nice place to start from when one is consolidating power.

By June 3, the Washington Post notes that Paul Wolfowitz "now advises the Texas governor's campaign".

By July 12, Cheney gave Bush a hard yes. By this time, Atta was already in flight school. The 9/11 plot was in full commit.

That's the theory, at least.

Wow, 3 pages of reading later, I find that the only post that comes close to my sentiments is Jimbo da Man's.

I simply don't believe we allowed 9-11 to happen. I don't believe we allowed Pearl Harbor either.

I do think there are some strange definitions of conservatism floating around and being popularized today which I doubt many "conservatives" would have agreed with 2 years ago. My favorite is hearing Gingrich now tlaking about tax cuts and defecit spending.

I've expressed concerns with the Patriot act since it was enacted. I view it as a feak of law that I hope will pass into the never or infrequently used section of the law library. Of course sodomy laws fall into the same category in my mind. Sadly, those seem to come up again and again every decade or so, but it's not common every day stuff. Thankfully, the majority of time these types of laws are not enforced or used. It's news when these laws are used. I guess that's the good news and that bad news because I seldom feel like celebrating when this quality of law is enforced or used.

ASF,

If what you say is true, I choose not to know it. Believe me I dislike the evil Bush Administration as much as the next guy but I will not acknowledge the possibility of our government actually being behind the 9-11 attacks.

I just have one question.

How many words was the Unabomber's Manifesto?

Okay, I have one more question.

What does your wife think ASF?

Seriously though, kudos to you ASF for having the capacity to think on these levels. I for one am ever grateful that I don't suffer from the same tortuous thoughts.

Just curious, what do you do for fun?

In studying the U.S. masterminds whom I believe to be behind the 9/11 attacks, one quickly realizes that it is no longer a question of "would they?" or "could they?" -- but "did they?"

These self-described "neo-conservatives" or "neo-Reaganites" are nothing of the kind: they are brutal fascists of the worst order, who can only be compared to figures like Dr. Strangelove, Hitler, Stalin and Machiavelli in their unholy blend of ambition for global empire, lust for blood, and deception as strategy. As draft-dodging, think-tank field marshals who have never smelled the dust of battlefield or held a dying platoon mate in their arms, they richly deserve the sobriquet of their detractors, the "chicken-hawks".

Denied their moment of ascendancy at the close of the 1991 Gulf War by the humanity of men like Powell who flinched at the mass murder of a retreating army, these maggots of the first Bush presidency made their final stand in 1992 with their draft "America uber alles" master plan, written by Wolfowitz and endorsed with Cheney’s signature. That 46-page document, wrote the Atlanta Journal, "envisioned the United States as a colossus astride the world, imposing its will and keeping world peace through military and economic power". Notably, the document broke with civilized history and, like Hitler, argued for pre-emptive military strikes to maintain American hegemony and suppress the emergence of any new regional power worldwide.

The document was leaked to the press, creating widespread outrage that caused the Bush administration to retreat from a pre-emptive military strategy. However, 10 years later, the same authors are back in power, and the Wolfowitz draft, practically verbatim, has become the official "Bush Doctrine" of a first-strike American empire. Lest we doubt its practical implementation, we can see the results for ourselves in Iraq -- explicitly targeted by the Wolfowitz cabal throughout the 1990s, with or without Hussein in power, targeted through transparent frame-ups (successively, 9/11, anthrax and WMDs), now finally destroyed by American firepower -- with the blood of tens of thousands on our hands.

Between the wars, the chicken-hawk maggots were busy joining think tanks and making money off arms, nukes and oil. Some of their bedtime reading was surely this:

In 1993, the Pentagon commissioned, via the Department of Defense's office of Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict, a think tank-style study of the ways terrorists could execute large-scale acts of terrorism on the US. Participants in the $150,000 study consisted of a panel of 41 intelligence/security experts that included former ranking CIA, FBI, State Department and Rand Corporation officials, as well as an ex-KGB general and Israeli intelligence agent.

One of the problems the team brainstormed over was the various ways an airplane could be used to destroy national landmarks — in fact, the WTC was most certainly on the panel's list of possible targets. One conclusion reached by the team as a future trend in terrorist activity was that extremists would seek to maximize their impact by escalating their attacks from one-at-a-time truck bomb/suicide bomber events to multiple, simultaneous targeting, thereby touting their power and stretching the victim governments' ability to respond.

The possible terrorist scenarios the team outlined scared the socks off folks in the government. One high-level official described it as "too outrageous." As a result, the team's report, Terrorism 2000 (a reference to terrorism in the new millennium) was blocked from public release.

Called "Terrorism 2000" (not to be confused with the 2001 study by the same name), this 1993 study no doubt inspired many a wet dream as these moping, out-of-power, Clinton-hating chickenhawks lay on their beds at night, waiting for "Election 2000" to approach. What they needed was a plan to bring those two ideas together.

This inspired the monstrous "Project for the New American Century" (PNAC), a private think-tank boil oozing from the official DOD club of doom, the Defense Policy Board. Face it: when guys like Kissinger and Gingrich are on the Defense Policy Board, the club is only 98% evil, but not evil enough for the neo-cons.

Founded in 1997 once it was clear that the Clinton/Gore menace of passivity would be successfully castrated by Lewinsky and Israeli leaks, PNAC set to work on happy think-tank wankery. The team divided neatly in four camps: merchants of death (bag men like Cheney), Mossad-tied moles of death (take your pick, starting with Elliot Abrams and Lewis Libby), propagandists of death (Kristol, Fagan, etc.), and the Machiavellis (Wolfowitz, Perle, Rumsfeld).

In three short years, PNAC sewed together their Frankenstein monster for Election 2000: a Manchurian Candidate, a witless village idiot already compromised by countless crooked business deals, a smirking Alfred E. Newman whose whole life story screamed anything but ambition for the presidency: this was their man.

Oil men and Halliburtons put up the money, assured of their place in the new hegemony. The patsy, longtime off-the-ranch CIA agent Osama bin Laden, was selected. Terrorist cells, long infiltrated and controlled by the CIA and Mossad for their purposes, had their own "free radical" DNA turned against them: without a clear chain of command, they were easily redirected by the Mossad, in the name of plunging a dagger in the great Satan.

With the 9/11 plot already in motion, with Cheney and Wolfowitz now fully in control of their Manchurian Candidate Bush (who was always too stupid to be trusted), with Atta and friends in flight schools, the PNAC cabal couldn't stop high-fiving each other in hell's basement. As Bush's candidacy hit the final stretch in September 2000, the PNAC pressed forward and published their manifesto, "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century".

As the Sunday Herald in Scotland noted:

The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says: "The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein."

The PNAC document supports a 'blueprint for maintaining global US pre-eminence, precluding the rise of a great power rival, and shaping the international security order in line with American principles and interests'. This 'American grand strategy' must be advanced for 'as far into the future as possible', the report says. It also calls for the US to 'fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars' as a 'core mission'. The report describes American armed forces abroad as 'the cavalry on the new American frontier'. The PNAC blueprint supports an earlier document written by Wolfowitz and Libby that said the US must 'discourage advanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or even aspiring to a larger regional or global role'.

The PNAC report also:

• spotlights China for "regime change" saying "it is time to increase the presence of American forces in southeast Asia". This, it says, may lead to "American and allied power providing the spur to the process of democratization in China";
  • calls for the creation of "US Space Forces", to dominate space, and the total control of cyberspace to prevent "enemies" using the internet against the US;
  • hints that, despite threatening war against Iraq for developing weapons of mass destruction, the US may consider developing biological weapons -- which the nation has banned -- in decades to come. It says: "New methods of attack -- electronic, 'non-lethal', biological -- will be more widely available ... combat likely will take place in new dimensions, in space, cyberspace, and perhaps the world of microbes ... advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool";
  • and pinpoints North Korea, Libya, Syria and Iran as dangerous regimes and says their existence justifies the creation of a "world-wide command-and-control system".

Tam Dalyell, the Labour MP, father of the House of Commons and one of the leading rebel voices against war with Iraq, said: "This is garbage from right-wing think-tanks stuffed with chicken-hawks -- men who have never seen the horror of war but are in love with the idea of war. Men like Cheney, who were draft-dodgers in the Vietnam war. 'This is a blueprint for US world domination -- a new world order of their making. These are the thought processes of fantasist Americans who want to control the world. I am appalled that a British Labour Prime Minister should have got into bed with a crew which has this moral standing."

Rumsfeld, a key PNAC player, was one of the last to join Bush's incoming regime. Past the age of retirement, this old warrior was enjoying the lucrative fruits of his retirement, like selling nuclear reactors to North Korea. The one thing this old chemical weapons courier to Saddam did not need was to sign on to another Bush team and have the stooge flinch at the critical moment.

Bob Woodward, in Bush at War, describes Rumsfeld's "serenity now" composure on the morning of 9/11, and the reasons behind it:

Rumsfeld, a small-framed, almost boyish, former Navy fighter pilot who did not look his 69 years, had been expecting, even counting on, the order from the president putting the ball squarely in his court.

Earlier in the year, when Rumsfeld was in discussions about becoming Bush's secretary of defense, he had a talk with the president-elect, a little test of sorts. He told Bush that during the eight years of Clinton, the natural pattern when challenged or attacked had been a "reflexive pullback" -- caution, safety plays, even squeamishness. The Clinton weapon of choice was the standoff Cruise missile. Rumsfeld left no doubt in Bush's mind that when that moment came, as it surely would, that the United States was threatened, he, as secretary of defense, would be coming to the president to unleash the military. The president could expect a forward-leaning action plan.

Bush had replied, unambiguously in Rumsfeld's estimation, that that was precisely what he wanted. Rumsfeld believed they had a clear, common understanding.

All was in place. The plan, the patsy, the duped Islamic militants, the Arabic "I can fly a plane, too" manual in the rental car, the copious public Atta travel records *in his own name* that would show the plot pre-dated Bush: this was like shooting fish in a barrel. The pre-9/11 insider trades were placed; the stay-home-today alerts to WTC Israelis were placed; and in a Hollywood touch, Alfred E. Newman was sent to Florida to read to children on TV while hell's dogs were unleashed.

CNN was ready, announcing the patsy "Osama bin Laden" ten minutes after the attacks. Later, when not all the dogs were eating the dog food, they'd release a video of the patsy, with a ludicrous and misleading English translation. That was it: the entire soup-to-nuts smoking gun for the patsy. The American people, frightened and desperate to believe, believed.

These were old, angry men. Men who had spent their whole lives in the halls of power, yet not tasted their own glory. Men who had a plan for a new American Empire, more monstrous than any in history -- filled with first strikes against innocents; forcible regime change at will, even in China; gene-based biological weapons targeted at individuals and ethnic groups; space-based warfare -- sometimes, even Satan tips his hat.

But they were old, and time was short. The spineless, isolationist American democracy stood in their way. They needed a shortcut to hell, and they'd found it. It's there in the manifesto, on page 51: the problem, and the solution.

• The problem: "The process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one ..."
  • The solution: "... absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event -- like a new Pearl Harbor."

These were old, angry men. They couldn't waste time.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

-- Pulp Fiction

"It will soon become obvious that there are only a few terrorist organizations capable of carrying out such a massive and coordinated strike. We should pour the resources necessary into a global effort to hunt them down and capture or kill them. It will become apparent that those organizations could not have operated without the assistance of some governments, governments with a long record of hostility to the United States and an equally long record of support for terrorism."

-- Robert Kagan, Co-Chair of Project for The New American Century , in the Washington Post, on the day of the attacks

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

The reason I don't associate with Muslims and opponents of the federal government is because I don't care to make things worse than they are for me, in terms of reprisals from enemies or the government.

ASF, assuming that what you claim here regarding "mak[ing] things worse" for you "than they [already] are... in terms of reprisals [against you] from enemies or the government" is true (and I must say that I seriously doubt what you allege here, since you can't prove conclusively or persuasively that such a plot by "enemies or the government" is really out to get you), what you are really saying is that you're a coward, that you're too scared to stand up for who and what you really believe in, correct?

Originally posted by Glenn X

what you are really saying is that you're a coward, that you're too scared to stand up for who and what you really believe in, correct?

What do you think I'm doing with this research and this post?

As far as associating with Muslims and vocal anti-government forces goes, many of these people are being monitored by the government. If you don't believe me, go talk to some Muslims. Or go talk to Earl, my friend in Iowa, whom I can't communicate with with anymore due to his being watched by the FBI.

As for enemies and the government being "out to get" me (your words) -- that wouldn't be your business, would it? Don't assume what you don't know.

You know, ASF, spitballs may be the least of your worries soon.

When you finally unleash the balance of the "shelved" portion of your 3000 word manifesto on the naive and unenlightened masses -- breathlessly awaiting its revelations here on this football message board -- word will surely get out that someone down Georgia way has it all figured out.

Heckfire, bro, at that point, I'd be surprised if the cabal didn't come knocking on your door.

Food for thought, man.

By the way, that pizza delivery guy with the swarthy complexion from last Friday night? Relax.

He probably photographs every house.

ASF I'm not sure I agree with about 90% of what you wrote in your first post. In fact, I'm still trying to sift through it all.

However, it did get me to thinking about something that flashed through my mind in the final days of the Saddam regime as we were running through Iraq mostly unopposed.

That is, what would ever happen if the U.S. ever became an "evil empire" as well ? It would portend some very dark days for the world as I honestly believe that this country is probably the first in the history of the world that has the ability to actually rule or meaningfully control most of if not the whole planet.

Scary stuff.

Archived