Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't you hate losing cell phones

WVUforREDSKINS

So i've lost my cell phone for the 4th or 5th time. Retraced my steps called all the places I was in and no one has seen it. Its been a week so its time to get a new phone.

I have sprint and if I buy a new phone I have to extend the contract. Which I don't want to do because sprint blows. I only had them because they were the best service when I was in Morgantown.

And what the **** is the deal with not being able to buy a simple phone anymore? Now a phone has all sorts of games, email, camera and one of them will even walk the dog. All I want is a simple phone for decent price.

Anyway, If anyone here has an old sprint phone lying (or is it laying?) around, I would be happy to buy it off you.

I might try craigslist, but I don't know about that for old phones.

I got lucky the last time and I was able to trace it back and it was waiting for me in a lost and found.

You may still have luck. Someone may find it and call someone on your address book. You're right though. I've done that.

But you're right. It's the kind of thing you beat yourself up over and feel rotten about.

I was lucky as hell last summer. I lost my phone twice on the metro in a span of two weeks and both times the person who found it called the house number and I was able to get my phone back.

Sucks you didn't have better luck.

Its kinda my fault on that. I didn't have "home" in my directory. :doh: I had mom cell and dad cell. So I suppose someone could have tried that. But I suspended a couple days after it was lost so if someone found it they couldn't make international calls or anything. I lost in somewhere between 18 st and 23rd st lol

Twice in Morgantown I had my phone returned to me by good Samaritans.

I have a sprint Sanyo MM7400. It is a good phone; a little beat up, but still good. I don't know what happened to the charger (wall/car), but I'm willing to give it to you.

:)

:applause::notworthy:applause:

Excellent! I would really appreciate it. I suppose I would be able to buy a charger for that phone right?

:)

:applause::notworthy:applause:

Excellent! I would really appreciate it. I suppose I would be able to buy a charger for that phone right?

I'm sure you can find one on ebay for like $6 (and if you double it up with the car AND wall charger, probably $10).

PM me your address. I'll send it out tomorrow. Friday morning I fly to Cancun for a week so if I don't send it tomorrow, you'll have to wait another week.

I would like to publically thank Bostic Hog for his generosity. He has helped me out tremendously and saved me the hassle of buying a new phone and being forced to extend a contract.

Its the random acts of kindness like this that make me really appreciate this community we have here at ES.

Thank you Bostic Hog! I would be more than happy to reimburse you for the cost of mailing it.

I have sprint and if I buy a new phone I have to extend the contract. Which I don't want to do because sprint blows. I only had them because they were the best service when I was in Morgantown.

no, that would be u.s. cellular...which doesn't do you any good when you go back to nova of course.

• 1 month later...

Well, the phone has stopped working for reasons I do not understand. I am now in need of another sprint phone. I know I can find one on ebay or craigslist but I figured I would bump this thread in the hopes there is someone else who is generous to give their sprint phone they are not using anymore to me.

(I have no problem sending you cash to cover the shipping charge)

Yep. If I bought a new phone I would automatically have to renew my contract for another 2 years or something rediculous

yeah trust me ive been there

hopefully you are able to get a new phone like you did before

i would help you out but i was in a similar situation and ended up just resigning so no extra phones here

Yep. If I bought a new phone I would automatically have to renew my contract for another 2 years or something rediculous

Only if you want a $150+ discount. You can pay full price and not extend your contract. I used to sell cell phones and I think it is ridiculous that some people don't understand that the only way the company recoup a discount is to get a commitment.

This is your 5-6 phone you lost. You should pony up $7 a month for insurance.

Archived