Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

veterans versus the predator

themurf

horton-cowboys.JPG

(photo by Brian Murphy)

With the Washington Redskins losing 14-10 to their hated rival, the Dallas Cowboys, Sunday night, we know ‘Skins fans haven’t been doing well this week. If the team only wins two games each season, fans always want them to be the two matchups against the Cowboys. We can’t change history and have the Redskins win the game, but we can cheers folks up with our weekly conversation with Redskins rookie safety Chris “The Predator” Horton.

We saw you on the NFL Network last week talking about your new website. Why don’t you tell us a little bit about it?

“I’ve got a new website, Predator48.com, and it’s just a way for people to find out who Chris Horton really is,” said Horton. “He’s not just a football player. I do a lot of other things outside of football.”

We know the site just launched, but what content do you plan on having on the site?

“I’m going to have a lot of stuff,” he said. “Sell some gear that I wear in games, we’ll auction it off. We’ll have a little thing to the best fan, I think, gets a prize at the end of the year and stuff like that. We’ll have a lot of different things on there.”

And this is all you? This isn’t some marketing guy pretending to be you online or something?

“It’s me,” Horton said. “It’s all me. When I find some time … I don’t really get back to people right away, I just kind of find time here and there. Usually on Tuesdays I’m on it a lot.”

You’re a seventh-round draft pick and you’ve already got your own website halfway though your rookie season. Things are coming along pretty nicely for you, right?

“Definitely,” he said. “I’m just trying to find ways to continue my success on the field.”

And the whole “fans giving you the nickname” thing, it looks like you’ve embraced it.

“Yeah, I took it and ran with it,” Horton said.

From there, we headed over to defensive end Andre Carter, one of the most respected players in the Redskins locker room. After dissecting what went wrong against Dallas, the conversation turned to Horton and his brand-new website.

One of your rookies, Chris Horton, just launched a new website this week. Have you heard of Predator48.com?

“Are you serious,” asked Carter. “I’ve never heard of it, man.”

We’d like you to tell us, as a veteran whose been in the league for a while, what you think of a rookie launching his own website halfway through his first season.

(Laughs). I gotta get on him, man,” Carter said.

Did he run it by the veterans first?

“No he didn’t run it by us, but we’re gonna get on him now that you told us,” Carter said. “I think me and the committee of older guys – Griff [Cornelius Griffin] and Phil [Daniels] – are gonna have to sit down and discuss that. Kind of sit down and see what we’re gonna do about that.”

What’s your opinion on the whole “Predator” nickname?

Click here for the full article.

Horton is going to be on one of those "top ten all-time late round draft picks" lists within the decade. You know what's really amazing? We saw the death of one of the most talented safeties in the history of football...and we're still on course to have one of the best safety tandems in the history of football, knock on wood.

I really like Horton. He seems to be fitting in very well with this team. He seems to be very well respected by the coaches and he's already a fan-favorite. I really like the fact that he's so humble. I have a feelin he'll be a Redskin for a long time; he's only gonna get better.

Not to mention that he is DESTROYING the pro-bowl ballots right now

It is safe to say that the Washington Redskins have themselves a good share of characters on this squad.

CP, Cooley, Horton, Smoot, Hall, Washington, Yoder, Rabach, El, amongst others.

Gotta love this team!

And yet nobody getting arrested, caught with drugs, suspended for undisclosed team violations, etc. It's a group of guys who get along well with each other and know how to have their fun in positive ways.

Edit: Now, I'm not naive enough to believe there's no one on the team doing drugs. But at least they have the sense to make sure it doesn't keep them off the field.

Archived