Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Been meaning to check it out.

I like the Big Punisher, and want to try some of their other beers but they're pricey. I'd like to sample a few, before dropping $12.00+ for a sixer.

How much were the pints and, how was the $8.00 pizza?

Get a flight (sampler)....you get 4 beers....5 oz pours I believe...it was $7/$8 for the flight...it is served on a skeleton key holder.  That way you can sample and then get a pint for roughly the same price ($7/$8) if you find something you like. I didn't get the pizza.  I wasn't feeling the $8/slice price tag.  The Food Truck schedule is on the website....plus they aren't open everyday, so definitely check the website before you go:

http://jailbreakbrewing.com/

Enjoy! 

Get a flight (sampler)....you get 4 beers....5 oz pours I believe...it was $7/$8 for the flight...it is served on a skeleton key holder. That way you can sample and then get a pint for roughly the same price ($7/$8) if you find something you like. I didn't get the pizza. I wasn't feeling the $8/slice price tag. The Food Truck schedule is on the website....plus they aren't open everyday, so definitely check the website before you go:

http://jailbreakbrewing.com/

Enjoy!

Thanks!

So I saw the first keg of sams octoberfest before it was even august last week!

I thought to myself, already?! its still summer! jesus damn shame lol

Earlier and earlier every year it comes out it seems

Edited by DButz65

Dag!

Halloween costumes are already out too.

Not a big fan of the style, but I don't turn my nose up at Paulaner, (sp?), Octoberfest, when it's available.

I love Oktoberfest beers...but I have my personal thing where I don't drink one before Week 1 of the Regular Season.   :)

Can't wait....for both!!!

• Like 1

Tried the Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City Brewing today. Pretty unobjectionable IPA. Somewhat bitter, not much aftertaste, but also not much that makes it different from the other 8 bajillion IPAs on the market.

Side note, the trendiness of IPAs makes me sad. Not because I hate when things I like are trendy, but paradoxically people love to hate on trends, so people badmouth IPAs even when a lot of them are solid. I just actually, truly, really do like the flavor of IPAs.

Maybe I should be annoyed with people who drink them for the trendiness factor instead of actual flavor preferences, I don't know.

• Like 1

Tried the Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City Brewing today. Pretty unobjectionable IPA. Somewhat bitter, not much aftertaste, but also not much that makes it different from the other 8 bajillion IPAs on the market.

Side note, the trendiness of IPAs makes me sad. Not because I hate when things I like are trendy, but paradoxically people love to hate on trends, so people badmouth IPAs even when a lot of them are solid. I just actually, truly, really do like the flavor of IPAs.

Maybe I should be annoyed with people who drink them for the trendiness factor instead of actual flavor preferences, I don't know.

Jai Alia is solid, I like their pale ale invasion better. I wouldnt worry about ipas being trendy. i drink stouts, sours, old ales etc but my fav style is an ipa or dipa or imperial. stouts and sours are good if the time and mood is right. you can never go wrong w an ipa. it seems home brewers have a stigma of ipas bc they are the easiest to make. i dirnk what i like and i like ipas the best as an every day beer.

**** rodmans just got a case of bell's black note stout, 1 12 oz bottle per customer at $10 **** i went up there to see what they got and saw a bells truck delivering a single case but couldnt see what type. as i was about to head to the check out aisle one of the workers was shelving them and let me have 2.  they also have 30 day fresh sculpin at 12.99 a sixer. 

• Like 1

Dag!

Halloween costumes are already out too.

Not a big fan of the style, but I don't turn my nose up at Paulaner, (sp?), Octoberfest, when it's available.

That just came out too! We carry Paulaner and its the only time anyone buys their beer, tells ya something lol

Yes, sir! Tried it for the first time, while out in CA. Very smooth blonde ale.

Its available in northern va, Ive seen Firestone a lot, but they are distributed by a small distributor, so if not available where ever you shop, have them order it for you

• Like 1

I have to say that I think that Miller Lite has the best "flavor" out of the usual domestic light beers - I used to like Bud Light and Coors Light more but now they just seem like water - I can actually taste Miller Lite.

Although I usually prefer a good import or something like Sam Adams light - Miller Lite is good for gameday and what not.

Corona light (on draft) was very good when I had it not too long ago, I hate ML and its our best selling beer, see sig lol

For the love of God, someone tell me I'm not alone. 

I recognize that I've got odd tastes when it comes to beer. I love, love, love hoppy IPAs- completely addicted to them -  but Belgian, or wheat beers make money cringe a little bit- they even make my stomach grumbly. 

I know it's got something to do with the phenols, or chlorophenols. Flying Dog raging ****, for example, tastes like band aids to me. Always has. 

But, for the second time in my life, I picked up a sixer of a pale ale, or ipa that I'm completely familiar with (flying dog pale ale years ago and heavy seas loose Cannon this week) and it tastes like band aids. Not once- twice. As in, two sixers, several weeks apart, each. Not just a one off. 

Wtf? 

Is it me?  Is it the beer? 

Oddly, my dad's home brew has the same odd taste, yet almost everyone who tries it seems to not notice it. And, these people invariably seem to not be fond of IPAs. These flavor sensitivities have to be linked, I would think, yet I kniw there are beer drinkers on this site who like both kinds of beers. 

Anyway, anybody with any insight into this, please inform. 

Edited by grego

Never had that sensation at all, and I too love hoppy beers. If your beer tastes like chewing on a grapefruit rind dipped in grass clippings, I probably like it. 

I also like wheats though. 

What exactly do you mean by tastes like Band-Aids? What is Band-Aid flavor? 

Weird.

I have a similiar, strange,  issue with wheat beers. The aftertaste has an "off" flavor to me. It's reminiscent of a hot dog. Seriously.  Everyy single one that I've tasted, and I've tried quite a few. It's why I don't like them.  

Not a fan of Belgians either. The taste, and aftertaste, reminds me of incense, and I can't get past that. 

7 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

What exactly do you mean by tastes like Band-Aids? What is Band-Aid flavor? 

https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/i-finally-understand-what-band-aid-tastes-like.152804/

hard to describe, but its one of those things- you know it when you encounter it. its a plastic-like, medicinal aroma and flavor. yuck.

its definitely not uncommon, but more common in homebrew gone bad. but, this is the fourth time I've gotten a bad six pack from a brewery.

have you had raging ****? if so, how did it taste? ive had it several times and that beer has always had that same odd taste to me- very strong. I know these flavors are found to some degree in Belgian styie ales, and I'm just super sensitive to them.