Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I have yet to try that. But i have a sweet glass i took from a bar with that on it.

It's one of my favorite macro imports, one of my favorite places to drink a Peroni is on the beach while eating an Anthonys Flag Ship(italian cold cut fron anthonys beer and wine in Ocean City), yummy!!!!

It's one of my favorite macro imports, one of my favorite places to drink a Peroni is on the beach while eating an Anthonys Flag Ship(italian cold cut fron anthonys beer and wine in Ocean City), yummy!!!!

This is boggling my mind.

I hate Peroni. My dad is Italian and I'm fiercely proud of my heritage and love eating Italian food and drinking Italian wine but I want nothing to do with Italian beer. We're just not good at it.

Not to be snobby or judgmental or anything, I don't really care who likes what beer I just find it surprising that people actually like Peroni.

Edited by DarrellsMyHero28

This is boggling my mind.

I hate Peroni. My dad is Italian and I'm fiercely proud of my heritage and love eating Italian food and drinking Italian wine but I want nothing to do with Italian beer. We're just not good at it.

Not to be snobby or judgmental or anything, I don't really care who likes what beer I just find it surprising that people actually like Peroni.

Actually, for a lighter beer, Peroni ain't half-bad. I lived in Naples for four years and I agree, that most Italian beers aren't so good, (Nasty Azzuro and Birra Moretti come to mind), but I think Peroni is a refreshing summer beer. It's more refreshing than Beck's or Lowenbrau. It's damn good on draft. The only reason I seldom drink it now is because it's priced like a premium beer. I ain't paying $9.00 a six-pack for beer that we used to buy for $0.75 a liter....

Edited by Skinsfan1311

who can suggest a good beer to eat with a home-made burger after a long day where you just wanna relax. a few of my faves are Fat Tire, Yuengling, and some Sam Adams if that helps out. i'm looking for something different really though. any suggestions are welcome besides the obvious bud lite, miller lite, etc...

who can suggest a good beer to eat with a home-made burger after a long day where you just wanna relax. a few of my faves are Fat Tire, Yuengling, and some Sam Adams if that helps out. i'm looking for something different really though. any suggestions are welcome besides the obvious bud lite, miller lite, etc...

I just spent half an hour in the beer store trying to decide on what to get. You should do the same, it's really fun. Read the flavor descriptions on the labels and estimate for yourself if it would go well with a burger.

If I'm just going to throw a suggestion out there, based on what you're familiar with, I'd suggest the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Classy but very "swigable", very refreshing. I suggest the SNPA for most people who are just beginning to delve in to the world of craft beer.

Product%20-%20Sierra%20Nevada%20Pale%20Ale.preview.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

:ols: uh, well...I'm not too sure. :ols:

leave me alone i'm starving right now!!! haha

I just spent half an hour in the beer store trying to decide on what to get. You should do the same, it's really fun. Read the flavor descriptions on the labels and estimate for yourself if it would go well with a burger.

If I'm just going to throw a suggestion out there, based on what you're familiar with, I'd suggest the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Classy but very "swigable", very refreshing. I suggest the SNPA for most people who are just beginning to delve in to the world of craft beer.

thanks for the suggestion i'll give that a go soon.

Edited by Drew_Fl

Hey man, I bought a six-pack of Loose Cannon this weekend, it was the first time I'd ever had it and I loved it. I think there have already been a couple reviews on it, but it gets an 'A' in my book. I took a few of them in a cooler kayaking yesterday and they hit the spot like none other.

Hey man, I bought a six-pack of Loose Cannon this weekend, it was the first time I'd ever had it and I loved it. I think there have already been a couple reviews on it, but it gets an 'A' in my book. I took a few of them in a cooler kayaking yesterday and they hit the spot like none other.

Heavy Seas is a kick ass brewery. That Loose Cannon is so chill and yummy. Relatively low bitterness for an IPA, sweet sweet sweet malt. Their Small Craft Warning is a crazy Pilsner. It's like some outrageous stuff DFH would make. Also, if you can find Heavy Seas Hang Ten Hefewizen Doppelbock (I think it's only around for summer) - you're in for something beyond outrageous my friend. I've only seen it in 22oz bombers though.

Tonight I got a six pack of Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen. Very heavy on the wheat, tastes like pumpkin. Really like it, think it's underrated. Usually Hefeweizens are too Lager-ish for my liking, but this one is dank. Like it more than Sierra Nevada's.

Stella,Dos Equis,Newcastle or Bass pale ale for name brands,but that's not real different

You want different go for a stout, bock or black lager

Tried some new ones

Rahr&sons Ugly Pug black lager

bitter chocolate and coffee,very drinkable even in the summer....might try some of their other offerings

St Arnolds Amber ...unimpressive

St Arnolds summer pils...crisp,highly carbonated,rather hoppy....sweet malt.....not my thing but well done

Big fan of Sierra Nevada. They make a number of beers that are really good. Torpedo is a really good IPA. I am not a huge porter fan but I really like theirs. Their seasonals are really good. I try to pick up a 6 of Tumbler and Celebration when they come out. I definitely look forward to Big Foot being released every year.

Edited by JMURedskins

Big fan of Sierra Nevada. They make a number of beers that are really good. Torpedo is a really good IPA. I am not a huge porter fan but I really like theirs. Their seasonals are really good. I try to pick up a 6 of Tumbler and Celebration when they come out. I definitely look forward to Big Foot being released every year.

I'm not a big fan of the Tumbler, but the Celebration Ale is awesome. Deep down it still hurts that I didn't save any for the year, will stash a few away this Winter. I think my favorite popular Sierra Nevada beer so far is their Stout. Huge with the roasted malts/chocolate/coffee, thick and rich body with a slight hop finish. A beer that catches your attention on every sip.

I'm not a big fan of the Tumbler, but the Celebration Ale is awesome. Deep down it still hurts that I didn't save any for the year, will stash a few away this Winter. I think my favorite popular Sierra Nevada beer so far is their Stout. Huge with the roasted malts/chocolate/coffee, thick and rich body with a slight hop finish. A beer that catches your attention on every sip.

For me, in no particular order (pends on the season, I suppose)

Stout (Winter)

Porter (Fall/Winter)

Glissade (Spring)

'11 Summerfest and PA (Summer)

Celebration (appropirate all the time ;)

Heavy-Seas-Plank-1-SM-.jpg

Had the brand new Heavy Seas Plank I Olde English Style Ale last night. Didn't quite love it at first, but it grew on me as I kept sipping it. Maybe the alcohol put me in a nicer mood, but the wood notes were at just enough of a strength to where I was satisfied with the money I spent. This beer seems like it really needs to be aged for a while. It gets a middle of the road B as it is.

Flying+Dog+Horn+Dog+Barley+Wine+Style+Ale.jpg

Also had a couple Flying Dog Horn Dog Barley Wines. Dark fruit and caramel/licorice flavors are nice and strong, body is pretty big and there is definitely a citrus hop thing going on in the background, 'specially on the finish. It's just another one of those ass kickin' barleywines, doesn't stand out from the rest. Give it a B+.

Just tapped a keg of this:

Victory-Hop-Devil-300x280.jpg

With all due apologies to Rincewind, (and Heavy Seas Loose Cannon is still my favorite), the 7.25% ABV is too high to keep on tap and the Cannon lost its spot in the kegerator rotation.

Same deal with Yard's IPA, which I love almost as much as the Loose Cannon, but the 8% ABV also renders it useless in the kegerator.

The Hop Devil is one of my all-time favorites, it kicks-ass on draft and the 6.7% ABV makes it more of a session beer.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 08:09 PM ----------

Had the brand new Heavy Seas Plank I Olde English Style Ale last night. Didn't quite love it at first, but it grew on me as I kept sipping it. Maybe the alcohol put me in a nicer mood, but the wood notes were at just enough of a strength to where I was satisfied with the money I spent. This beer seems like it really needs to be aged for a while. It gets a middle of the road B as it is.

I had a preview of the Heavy Seas Davy Jones Lager. It's a cream ale and I was pleasantly surprised that I like it.

Honestly, many of us at the brewery were iffy on this one. It is VERY complex and most definitely not a session beer. I agree that it will need some aging. But, overall, I like the beer as an opener when having a few.

I had a preview of the Heavy Seas Davy Jones Lager. It's a cream ale and I was pleasantly surprised that I like it.

Good stuff. It was our brewer Kevin's first beer that we produced and he did a great job. It has gotten some great reviews and looks like it will stay in the rotation.

By the way, this beer is now out in stores and bars. Just wondering, where did you get a 'preview'?

ps. I'll just ignore the comment about Hop Devil... and the fact that I haven't seen you on a tour in quite a few months. :mad:

Edited by rincewind

New Belgium has this great tasting dark beer... I'm sure some of you have had Fat Tire before which is thier amber brew. This one is a Dark Ale thats very crisp and smooth definetly one of my favorites along with Brekenridge Vanilla Porter.

1554-enlightened-black-ale-new-belgium-brewing.jpg