Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Avatars?

How do I change my Avatar? I went to User CP, then went to Edit Options, next I clicked on Change Avatar, I then selected The Rookie option, by filling the circle with a green bubble, finally I hit Submit Modifications and it didn't change my Avavtar. Blade, Die Hard, anybody, can you please tell me where I went wrong.

Any help will be appreciated.

Originally posted by NOWLEDGE

How do I change my Avatar? I went to User CP, then went to Edit Options, next I clicked on Change Avatar, I then selected The Rookie option, by filling the circle with a green bubble, finally I hit Submit Modifications and it didn't change my Avavtar. Blade, Die Hard, anybody, can you please tell me where I went wrong.

Any help will be appreciated.

Nobody can change their avatars except those in that have achieved the "Ring of Fame" level.

Further, those have achieved a higher rank cannot change their avatars down to a lower rank. For example, a "veteran" member cannot change their avatar to a "rookie".

Tom, we've got one lined up for you with Shockey. And hopefully we'll have one for the female members of our community as well :)

And there's quite a few more coming for the Ring of Fame... there's quite a bit of incentive there to post.

Finally, seniority will NOT count for anything in the current ranking system and justly so. Any message board community *thrives* on participation. As cool as it is to register and simply read posts... if everyone did so ultimately the forums would fade into oblivion. So we the current system will remain for the best interests of everyone :)

Does this mean that we won't be getting any more new avatars for us working joe types? No BDW's, No Ladell Betts? No trotter or armstead?

I mean it's nice that we're getting some great avatars for the ring of fame, but 5000 posts is a lot....

anyway, not complaining too much, what we've got already is above and beyond anything I could have expected for some guys working for nothing.

You guys are the best.

-DB

I agree with everyone else, the new avatars are great. Drunkenboxer perhaps said it best:

what we've got already is above and beyond anything I could have expected for some guys working for nothing

One note of concern:

When I was reading through some posts before I found out the avatars were changed, I caught a glimpse of the Jacobs avatar and my first reaction was, "What Cowboys fan is this?" Granted, I didn't take the time to read "Rookie" or anything like that. Of course, when it sounded like an intelligent post I became doubtful that any Cowboy fan could write such a thing so I looked more closely and saw that it was the new avatar.

Did anyone else notice the same thing? I love the diving catch but I wonder if the blue jersey is throwing anyone else off. Will the avatar change once a pic in a Skins jersey is found or will we stick with the blue Florida jersey all year? Of course, this is really no big deal and I hate to even make a post that might sound negative about the new avatars.

By the way, the Monk pic is definitely my favorite.

Is there an official rule regarding avatars for visiting posters? I realize that I've only notched about 100 posts, but those posts were extremely hard earned in light of the good-natured abuse I've withstood in the process. While the initial knee-jerk Jets fans came and left, I've endured. Furthermore, with each visit to this board, I'm also stricken with the emotional trauma of being reminded that Coles, Thomas, Morton and Hall will all wear burgundy and gold in 2003. I ask you, hasn't a steep enough price already been paid?

I respectfully submit that if ever an exception was in order, this very well may be one of those occasions.

:notworthy

Flow

Rabblerouser, I'm working on Hanburger as I type this. He's been a tough SOB to find a solid full-body action pic. I *sort of* have one... and it's going to take me a bit of time to doctor it... but it'll get done... just like the Jacoby pic ;)

You just concentrate on how you're going to pull 5000 posts out of yer butt :)

While I do like all the avatars, and am looking forward to the day that I become Hall of Famer, I'm sad that I haven't seen one of the all time greats..........Larry Brown.

Maybe he's been here and I've just missed him. In which case, never mind.

This place is the Eden of the Redskin world!

Archived