Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy league teams

jp03

GUYS...get this in your heads nobody and I mean NOBODY except you gives a **** about your fantasy league teams! Do you think I care if you played Randy Moss last night? Or had the Jet D? Do we need to know? Fantasy has ruined the way people watch sports. I guarantee some of you yahoos would root against your OWN team to see an opposing teams player on your fantasy team do well.

Fantasy has ruined the way people watch sports. I guarantee some of you yahoos would root against your OWN team to see an opposing teams player on your fantasy team do well.

Personally, I root for the Skins first and foremost. If I have player X playing against the Skins, I'll be thrilled if he gets shut down.

As for fantasy football ruining sports? Please, The NFL LOVES fantasy football, because it helps them with the ratings.

Ummm...there is a spot in 'The Tailgate' for threads about Fantasy Football. And I don't see a lot of people making posts in 'The Stadium' about it either. This really needed a thread of it's own?

You don't play? Fine. I could just as easily question your fandom by your not playing and having a team made of Redskins players. How dare you not have a Redskins fantasy team. You're a poor Redskins fan and should have your fan card revoked. BTW - did you know that a LOT of the Redskins players have fantasy football teams? Cooley, Fred Davis, Portis, Campbell - hell Cooley was giving crap to Davis the other day about having Romo sits to pee on his team.

If you don't play - what do you care? Why do you care that we do? And would you care to explain why Fantasy is ruing sports? Please. The Pro Owners love this stuff - it creates interest in their sport and teams.

Yeeesh, get off your high horse O' Master of the Internets. Thank you for telling me what I should and shouldn't post here on ES. I was confused up until this point.

:rolleyes::doh:

GUYS...get this in your heads nobody and I mean NOBODY except you gives a **** about your fantasy league teams! Do you think I care if you played Randy Moss last night? Or had the Jet D? Do we need to know? Fantasy has ruined the way people watch sports. I guarantee some of you yahoos would root against your OWN team to see an opposing teams player on your fantasy team do well.

imagesairport-fail.jpg

First of all you're probably right on the first count. I'm guilty of talking to my friends about my fantasy team. I can tell they don't give a **** but for some reason I can't contain my excitement for anything football related.

On your second count, I completely disagree. Fantasy has changed the way I watch football for the better. I still cheer for the teams I prefer, but am more interested in games that may not have otherwise mattered to me. It makes games like ARZ vs SF (Breaston killed it for me!) enjoyable to watch, when it would otherwise just be a waste of MNF real estate. I certainly do NOT want to see opposing teams do well against my own team. I specifically will not play players against the Redskins or Cowboys players at all. Their are enough players in the league to assemble a team without using them and I would hate to catch myself cheering for Tony Romo sits to pee to put up a TD against our boys.

Yeah, so instead of a thread with someone talking about their fantasy team, we get one with someone complaining about threads talking about fantasy teams........brilliant.

....ok ok ..obviously you are all very protective of your little fantasy leagues...enjoy ...

Yeah I don't think I could complete my Friday without reading this thread...

Right there with you.

I love Fantasy Football; anyone who doesn't has simply never tried it. It gives you a reason to watch bad matchups and makes them interesting. It also adds another dimension to good games and only adds to the excitement when Portis or Moss score if you have them.

Right there with you.

I love Fantasy Football; anyone who doesn't has simply never tried it. It gives you a reason to watch bad matchups and makes them interesting. It also adds another dimension to good games and only adds to the excitement when Portis or Moss score if you have them.

It also makes you root for individuals instead of teams..hey obviously I touched a sore spot with you guys..I'm sorry I brought it up and I mean that. I have thought about it and if you enjoy it , that makes it okay. AND I did fantasy teams for years. I stopped the day I was rooting for an opposing team player to get a base hit in the ninth inning of a crucial game against my team. That ended it for me.

It also makes you root for individuals instead of teams..hey obviously I touched a sore spot with you guys..I'm sorry I brought it up and I mean that.

You'd have probably gotten a warmer, or at least less hostile, reaction if you had posted this over in the Tailgate where off-topic (non-Redskins-related) threads belong.

It also makes you root for individuals instead of teams..hey obviously I touched a sore spot with you guys..I'm sorry I brought it up and I mean that. I have thought about it and if you enjoy it , that makes it okay. AND I did fantasy teams for years. I stopped the day I was rooting for an opposing team player to get a base hit in the ninth inning of a crucial game against my team. That ended it for me.

And its everyone elses fault who plays fantasy that you are a tool and rooted against your team? I play fantasy for fun. I have Campbell, Moss, and Cooley on my team because I love my team and believe in them. I also have Brandon Jacobs. Do you know what happens when we play the Giants? I sit him because I know the skins are going to shut him down. Its all good fun and like was stated before, it gets fans more interested in other games they may not normally watch. It makes for better football fans in general and if it makes a few tools in the process, so what? Should I not enjoy something because someone else doesnt?

You'd have probably gotten a warmer, or at least less hostile, reaction if you had posted this over in the Tailgate where off-topic (non-Redskins-related) threads belong.

Ya..I didnt realize that...should have put it there.

Archived