Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Taylor. He like plays for the Skins n stuff. I used his name as a thread title.

DTN Redskin

Skins fans and everyone for that matter seem to be forgetting about Jason Taylor because he has been hurt all season. Hearing he's actually 100% now and ready to go. Just some general thoughts about the impact he could have the stretch run and hopefully against Dallas Sun night. Thoughts and what a weapon he could be if he can regain his devastating form.

FYI- This team has so much overall talent if they can just all stay healthy not just Taylor. Would love to see Taylor rock Sun night with a couple sacks.

Skins fans and everyone for that matter seem to be forgetting about Jason Taylor because he has been hurt all season. Hearing he's actually 100% nowe and ready to go. Just some general thoughts about the impact he could have the stretch run and hopefully against Dallas Sun night. Thoughts and what a weapon he could be if he can regain his devastating form.

FYI- This team has so much overall talent if they can just all stay healthy not just Taylor. Would love to see Taylor rock Sun night with a couple sacks.

And those are two big if's. No one knows if Taylor will look like he used too. Quite Frankly, Demetric Evans has been playing exceptionally in his place and might have a better season than Taylor.

And the second one is another one. For years it seems like it has been one of our biggest concerns. Malcolm Kelly's been hurt all year, Shawn Springs has played one full season since 2001, Portis is banged up now, etc. If they're all healty, we're a force to be recognized. If not, then it raises many concerns.

Here's to seeing JT back 100% for Dallas. :cheers:

I think this is going to be an elite defense for the rest of the season.
They certainly now have the personnel if Taylor stays healthy and regains his pro-bowl form. Throwing Deangelo Hall into the mix sure can't hurt as well. Nothing would make me happier to see them breakout for the rest of the season as shutdown.

I agree with played Evans as the starter and bring Taylor in just on an obvious passing down. Let the coaches evaluate him as a part-timer first. So far he has been an expensive and disappointing acquistion. Do you remember when Norv first became coach and he brought in several loser Cowboy players on our team and one by one they flamed out?? Hope Taylor can prove he is worthy of remaining on the Skins beyond this year. If you saw the Giants-Philly game you saw the Giants have an active defensive front 4 and they get a good rush even when they don't blitz. We need Taylor to get to the quarterback; otherwise if he can't, then we need to let him go and find another lineman who can get the job done from another team during the off season.

I think this is going to be an elite defense for the rest of the season.

I think the fact we have the 4th ranked Defense with Springs and Taylor missing alot of games is amazing. Our Defense has a lot of depth and have been great. Now we add DeAngelo Hall and Jason Taylor and Springs are finally healthy are defense can br DOMINATE.

There isn't a bigger game to be healthy for than the one coming up. We have loads of talent that I sure would like to see play. I really have to see them all play together before I say we are dominant. Cause right now, we are somewhat of a dominant defense.

Taylor has 7 pass deflections in the limited time he's been playing injured.....you're kidding yourself if you think Evans is better than Taylor...Evans has seen more playing time than Taylor, and only has 2 more tackles....The only thing Evans has on Taylor is the 2.5 sacks that he added against a terrible Pittsburgh O-line, going up against a back up..

Taylor has 7 pass deflections in the limited time he's been playing injured.....you're kidding yourself if you think Evans is better than Taylor...Evans has seen more playing time than Taylor, and only has 2 more tackles....The only thing Evans has on Taylor is the 2.5 sacks that he added against a terrible Pittsburgh O-line, going up against a back up..

Wow, that's incredible considering his career high is 9, and that's over 16 games.

If Taylor and the rest of the d-line can get consistent pressure and sacks, that is going to make the Hall acquisition even better. Pressure + Hall = turnovers!!

Thats what I've been worried about because No Pressure+Hall=6 points on the defense because he has no discipline.

Archived