Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Hall: 'This Is the Place for Me'

Saqs

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/11/hall_this_is_the_place_for_me.html#more

DeAngelo Hall said he chose the Redskins over other suitors because he is from southern virginia, and grew ip dreaming of playing here. He said he hopes to have a future here well beyond the one-year deal he signed.

"I just kind of feel like this is the place for me," said Hall, who said his release from Oakland was based solely on his contract and not his conduct. Hall also said of the Skins: "it came down to what team do I feel like I have a future with."

Cornerbacks coach Jerry Gray pointed out that Hall does take gambles jumping routes and trying to make plays on the ball - "that's how you get to the Pro Bowl," Gray said - but they must be in moderation. You can't take "riverboat gambler" risks, he said, but "you try to take calculated risks."

Gray said the team will figure out through practice how soon and how much Hall will play, but the big play potential and ability to return interceptions for scores were very attractive to a team that lacks takeaways.

Huge win for us if this works out. :dallasuck

Another acquisition for the skins that, to me, has very little downside and huge potential. Evwen if Hall doesn't play a huge amount this year, he's young enough and seems to want to be here enough that we can get some great use out of him in future seasons. (As long as he behaves himself of course)

:peaceout:

If he gets the kind of help up top from Landry that he never got in Oakland and ATL (Huff and Milloy?), then he will be a stud here. He's come to a place where him taking chances will work to our advantage.

DeAngelo Hall said he chose the Redskins over other suitors because he is from southern virginia, and grew ip dreaming of playing here. He said he hopes to have a future here well beyond the one-year deal he signed.

Jeez, what a prick. :rolleyes:

He was really cool on the Doc show. He said he doesnt expect to start but will fight hard to start. He is willing to return punts as well and will do whatever they ask.

I would love to see him return punts. That would be awesome if he returned one against Dallas. He said he isnt sure if he will play Sunday night but he wants to.

Hall has quite a bit to prove before the end of the season. He needs to prove that he can fit Blache's system, needs to prove that he can still play at a high level and most importantly has to prove that he is grown up enough to be part of this team.

These are all challenges that he needs to overcome but if the young man can do so, he may well be rewarded with a large contract and be able to take over for Springs in the near future.

Hall has quite a bit to prove before the end of the season. He needs to prove that he can fit Blache's system, needs to prove that he can still play at a high level and most importantly has to prove that he is grown up enough to be part of this team.

These are all challenges that he needs to overcome but if the young man can do so, he may well be rewarded with a large contract and be able to take over for Springs in the near future.

Exactly. He has a lot to prove in regards to what kind of team mate he is.

With that said, there are 2 things he excelled at while at Virginia Tech

1) Punt returns. Eddie Royal ended up with better numbers, but Hall was incredibly explosive, at the most clutch times with returning punts. One move and he was gone

He MUST be returning punts, and would be a huge improvement over ARE

2) Tackling. He is the best tackling CB I have seen live. He is excellent in run support, incredibly strong and has excellent technique

Start him off in punt returns and dime situations. Let him sit back and read and react on the ball, as opposed to being man to man always. Then work him into more packages

Exactly. He has a lot to prove in regards to what kind of team mate he is.

With that said, there are 2 things he excelled at while at Virginia Tech

1) Punt returns. Eddie Royal ended up with better numbers, but Hall was incredibly explosive, at the most clutch times with returning punts. One move and he was gone

He MUST be returning punts, and would be a huge improvement over ARE

2) Tackling. He is the best tackling CB I have seen live. He is excellent in run support, incredibly strong and has excellent technique

Start him off in punt returns and dime situations. Let him sit back and read and react on the ball, as opposed to being man to man always. Then work him into more packages

I could not agree with you more about how we should use him. I want to see him return a punt against the Cowboys on Sunday.

Also I think he should start out as #3 and let him work the slot and just use his talents, he wont be on an island playing here. We have an excellent secondary and his natural athletic ability will be huge in creating turnovers.

I did not know he was a really good tackler.

I don't understand what the problem with such depth on CB is. Imagine this scenario:

Rogers- TO

Springs/Smoot- Crayton

Springs/Smoot- Hurd

Hall- Witten

You can interchange them, especially Springs and Smoot since we don't know how healthy Springs is, but if we get those matchups, we could really throw some blitzes around.

who do we sit for him; springs, rogers or smoot?

Really, make him 4th, and let the natural injury rotation make him a situational 3rd each week.

Who knows if Springs is a go or not. In the breaking news section it was reported he was not practicing today. Even if he is the 4th he will probably still see the field, we may rotate him in or out because Dallas has alot of recievers.

];5801650']I don't understand what the problem with such depth on CB is. Imagine this scenario:

Rogers- TO

Springs/Smoot- Crayton

Springs/Smoot- Hurd

Hall- Witten

You can interchange them' date=' especially Springs and Smoot since we don't know how healthy Springs is, but if we get those matchups, we could really throw some blitzes around.[/quote']

Good points. Right now depending how healthy Springs is he can play against Witten or R Williams. IMO he can tackle very well so he can take care of Witten one-one. Hall can be all over Crayton.

];5801650']I don't understand what the problem with such depth on CB is. Imagine this scenario:

Rogers- TO

Springs/Smoot- Crayton

Springs/Smoot- Hurd

Hall- Witten

You can interchange them' date=' especially Springs and Smoot since we don't know how healthy Springs is, but if we get those matchups, we could really throw some blitzes around.[/quote']

They have Roy Williams now too.

Also I think he should start out as #3 and let him work the slot and just use his talents, he wont be on an island playing here. We have an excellent secondary and his natural athletic ability will be huge in creating turnovers.

As much as Springs has been out this year (will he even play this week?), having someone back there with Smoot and Rogers other than Torrence is a huge upgrade.

The pass has been our weakness this year on defense and if this works out, its a godsend.

Rogers- TO

Springs/Smoot/Hall- Crayton

Springs/Smoot/Hall- Hurd

HORTON- Witten

Horton can handle Witten.

So you have Springs, Rogers,Smoot and Hall to go after Williams, Owens and Crayton. I think Horton's ability to cover Witten really gives us flexability in our coverages on their Wr's. If we can cover for just 1 more second we will get many more sacks.

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

Archived