Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall to be released?

DaRock

I like the signing. Skins gave up no draft choices, no signing bonus and am paying the guy under 500k to play. If he fails, cut him and move on. If he succeeds the skins pick up a young CB for the future.

Also, Hall is not going to be counted on, barring injury, to be the number 1 corner. Heck he could see action as the number 3 if people stay healthy.

The skins can sit back and watch. Hall has to prove he deserves a new contract at the end of the season.

History teaches us that combustible personalities often disrupt locker rooms. Two teams in the last 16 game have decided that was the case with Deangello Hall.

There is a potential downside here. Common rationalization for this move seems to be that there is no downside. That's not the case.

yeah, Dallas need cb help sign Pacman, and he gets suspended....

Redskin sign Hall for a pittance.... and the pokes still need cb help

In the spirit of our favorite ATN poster...

"Please, stay on topic. This is not about the Cowboys. This is about D. Hall. The disruptive, locker-room cancer that has been released by a team that owed him a TON of money. There must be a reason. Remove the burgundy and gold glasses and you might see what I am talking about."

:)

And yes, we still need a CB. One that can/?will? tackle, at least.

There is a potential downside here. Common rationalization for this move seems to be that there is no downside. That's not the case.

let me preface by saying I'm was not one who was interested in signing Hall, and taking a wait and see approach

with that said,

that issue has been addressed

Hall wasn't signed until he talked with Zorn, Blanche, and Grey

okayed with locker room leaders, Griffin, and Fletcher

signed to a pittance, so if for any reason he does anything out of line.... he's gone

besides Hall wasn't near the problem Pacman was, plus the Redskins is a team of character and strong coaching.... unlike the pokes who have neither

finally if Hall messes up here... his career is all but over

a risk... yes, a huge one? not so much

"Please, stay on topic. This is not about the Cowboys. This is about D. Hall. The disruptive, locker-room cancer that has been released by a team that owed him a TON of money. There must be a reason. Remove the burgundy and gold glasses and you might see what I am talking about."

They said that since he passed waivers, his contract he signed with Oakland is null and void. I don't think they owe him anything but maybe bonus if they wanted to spread it over the next couple of years.

:nono:

I was very much staying on topic, the thread was about Hall being released from the Raiders not about the Redskins, but where he migt end up....

and I was replying directly to you trying to make a reference to the Pacman signing around here

keep up

History teaches us that combustible personalities often disrupt locker rooms. Two teams in the last 16 game have decided that was the case with Deangello Hall.

The Redskins have zero invested in Hall, and more than have the type of quality locker room to handle a #4 (or more likely #5) cb. As someone else already said in the Stadium forum, our team is far more likely to change Hall than Hall is likely to change the team. And Brandon Lloyd had zero effect on team chemistry.

There's nothing whatsoever for the Skins to lose in this deal.

There's nothing whatsoever for the Skins to lose in this deal.

there is some risk, but not nearly enough to not at least give him a shot.

I agree, guys like Fletcher, Taylor, Samuels, ARE, MW, Springs, Smoot, Jansen, Kendall... will all keep him in line, and might turn him around

plus Blanche, and Gray are no nonsense coaches

there is some risk, but not nearly enough to not at least give him a shot.

I think there's next to none, really...

The Skins don't risk draft picks...they don't risk dead cap space...they don't risk losing a large signing bonus...they don't risk losing the locker room...

At most they risk doing something like putting Tryon on the practice squad and seeing him picked up by another team, or putting Kelly on IR when he might have had a chance of playing the rest of the season. I'm not even sure Hall will be playing against the Cowboys lol (this is assuming Springs returns as planned)...

At most they risk doing something like putting Tryon on the practice squad and seeing him picked up by another team, or putting Kelly on IR when he might have had a chance of playing the rest of the season. I'm not even sure Hall will be playing against the Cowboys lol (this is assuming Springs returns as planned)...

that's what I was referring too :)

and maybe some issues with other cbs, bruised ego's but I don't think that will happen

the fact teams like the Pats, Giants, New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers

where also interested, means his problems are not considered all that bad.

Exactly...I just posted an article from Sports Illustrated that talks about some reasons why Hall may not have worked out in Oakland. None of it talked about "locker room cancers", "me-first" attitudes or Hall just never really being any good lol...

:nono:

and I was replying directly to you trying to make a reference to the Pacman signing around here

keep up

Curious. Not sure what you are talking about with the Pacman reference. I was just curious what NavyDave thinks now that he is a Redskin.

Heck, I don't even know if ND is a Redskin fan. If he is...I'm curious.

Heck #2: I think you've made a good deal with D-Hall. And like another pointed out, there is some risk to your team's chemistry. I am REALLY interested in knowing *why* the Raiders released him. I'm leaning towards the fact that Al Davis is just flat out crazy. However, it wouldn't surprise me if D-Hall was making hell in the locker room. He has always had an ego the outweighs his play.

Caught up.

Archived