Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Horton...dare I say it?

dwbiggs

Heck no. He is playing way better than any 7th rounder in the draft, but he's made a lot of mistakes, just listen to Greg Blache talk about one day he could be as good as the media thinks he is now.

no stinkin way.

I have to disagree. Horton is smarter than ST and Laron as a rookie. Sean was a great playmaker but he always went out for the big hit instead of getting the ints or stripping the ball out. I still see a lot of this from Laron. They both have alot more physical tools but, Horton is a lot smarter and polished as a rookie.

I have to disagree. Horton is smarter than ST and Laron as a rookie. Sean was a great playmaker but he always went out for the big hit instead of getting the ints or stripping the ball out. I still see a lot of this from Laron. They both have alot more physical tools but, Horton is a lot smarter and polished as a rookie.

Did you see the Coyboys game and the TWO TDs he allowed?

I think b/c he's a 7th rounder people tend to overlook the mistakes.

It's funny how some people are saying his INT's are misleading because they are:

A: off of a tipped pass

B: just being in the right place at the right time.

well, isn't that what you WANT from your SS? Wow....no one can get credit for anything LOL.

Anyone who thinks that Los isn't playing on a PB level is crazy. Jaws broke down some stat last night which heavily favored Rogers in that he is playing some outstanding D from the CB spot. I think it was Blatche who said that if Rogers wants to be in Hawaii at the end of the season, he has to make that pick-6. He has 7 games left to get his hands right. He has left about 3-4 easy INT's on the field this season. He's playing great, but for those who love stats...he needs those INT's.

Ok but we aren't talking physical talent. We know he's not as physically talented as ST or LL but he has great fundamentals and does not have the "I'm a rookie so I'm gonna get alot of personal fouls" syndrome that LL and yes ST certainly had.

I'm not sure i'll call him better than either of them but he has been lights out and the argument can be made. Remember the OP said rookie year.

Exactly, I think some people aren't reading the post. "As a rookie" Nobody's saying Horton will ever come close to ST, cause he won't but, we all saw Sean make great plays as a rookie, but also dumb plays same with Laron. Personal Fouls for late hits, taunting(BS Call imo), and getting beat because they were overly aggressive. All I'm saying Horton is making less mistakes and alot of big time tackles, sacks, and creating turnovers. He's a beast!

Did you see the Coyboys game and the TWO TDs he allowed?

I think b/c he's a 7th rounder people tend to overlook the mistakes.

Yes, only one of those TD's was on him, I believe the one Austin caught. I didn't say he was perfect, but he did redeem himself with that INT. Not at all he should have been one of our 2nd round picks. I don't care want round he was drafted in though, we got him now, yea thanks Vinny:applause:

I guess if he's doing his assignment its being in the right place. Covering the TE and a tipped pass intened for another WR is coming down to you. You catch it.

Horton has been a beast, no doubt about it. He has far exceeded anyone's expectations.

Knowing where the ball is and being able to locate it to make the play takes some measure of both good instincts and skill. Carlos Rogers is an excellent example of a great player who doesn't quite have the same ability in this department that Horton has.

TWICE in one game... for TDs...

I'm going to point out flaws to support my arguement that Landry is better even though I think Horton is good.

Are you going to point out any single mistake by Landry? And don't say the long ball on the CB. Landry has been over the top when he's supposed to and I can't recall him getting burned for a long run.

give it up... or are you just trying to be Die Hard.

Ok, if Landry is playing the deep ball..... and playing 30 yards back.... where was Landry when Ben threw the bomb to Ward for 45 yards -- the play which resulted in the penalty?

Or how about the 50-yard bomb to Nate Washington on Fred Smoot?

And both those drives led to 10 points.

Seriously.... how are these deep passes being completed if Landry is 30-yards back... in the center of the field?

Like I said... passes are being thrown against Rogers and Smoot. Where's their help on these deep patterns?

Ok, if Landry is playing the deep ball..... and playing 30 yards back.... where was Landry when Ben threw the bomb to Ward for 45 yards -- the play which resulted in the penalty?

Or how about the 50-yard bomb to Nate Washington on Fred Smoot?

And both those drives led to 10 points.

Seriously.... how are these deep passes being completed if Landry is 30-yards back... in the center of the field?

Like I said... passes are being thrown against Rogers and Smoot. Where's their help on these deep patterns?

Maybe on the either side of the field. Was he supposed to cover that half of the field on that play, Die Hard Blache? Believe it or not, some defenses call for the corner to be one-on-one with the WR.

Seriously... where was Horton and his INT making hands? Should Horton play FS? Should they switch? Are you breaking down game film?

Knowing where the ball is and being able to locate it to make the play takes some measure of both good instincts and skill. Carlos Rogers is an excellent example of a great player who doesn't quite have the same ability in this department that Horton has.

Horton has played half an NFL season. Exceeded expectations. But to imply him being a world-beater is ridiculous.

It's easy to overlook mistakes by a 7th rounder b/c they are supposed to make them.

Horton is like a young version of London Fletcher. He was a complete steal.

Excellent post. It describes Horton to a tee. :applause: He's out playing damn near all of the first rounds picks and he was 249 or 252 picks. Young London Fletcher....yep that's Horton. He is all over the field making plays and he kept me from being completely despondent last night. :2cents:

Yes, only one of those TD's was on him, I believe the one Austin caught. I didn't say he was perfect, but he did redeem himself with that INT. Not at all he should have been one of our 2nd round picks. I don't care want round he was drafted in though, we got him now, yea thanks Vinny:applause:

He was supposed to be over the top on Whitten, so that was the second TD. He even admitted it after the game, its on a video link I posted a few posts earlier.

Shot in the dark by Vinny that paid off.

I stand by my call that as good as Horton is, I think Landry is better.

I think Landry is better.

why? I would love to hear this explanation, is because of all the INT's he gets or the fumbles that he causes or cause he gets dumb*** personal foul penalties that screws his team over? Have you ever heard a QB say, "Man we arent throwing anywhere near Landry because he is KNOWN for stealing receptions away from WR"..

are you basing this on his draft pick # or the name on his jersey or the man crush you have for him when his shirt is off...If you honestly think about his tenure with the team what has he really done...

why? I would love to hear this explanation, is because of all the INT's he gets or the fumbles that he causes or cause he gets dumb*** personal foul penalties that screws his team over? Have you ever heard a QB say, "Man we arent throwing anywhere near Landry because he is KNOWN for stealing receptions away from WR"..

are you basing this on his draft pick # or the name on his jersey or the man crush you have for him when his shirt is off...If you honestly think about his tenure with the team what has he really done...

He essentially put us in position to win the playoff game in Seattle which we choked away.

Horton is playing better ball than Landry is at this point in the season and is having more of a impact than Landry had to begin his rookie season. Horton played in a very similar defense at UCLA with ex- skins coach Dewayne Walker as his coordinator and Horton studies to make up for his physical limitations. Landry has all the talent neccassary to be a great safety but he relies to much on his physical gifts alone and lacks in the mental game and preperation. Landry unless he changes some things he will not realize that potential and it is going to be unfortunate to watch as a fan.

I'd love to repeat everything I've already written in this thread, but I don't have time. Read.

When was the last time LaRon had personal foul? He's all over the field.

Have you ever heard a QB say, "Man we arent throwing anywhere near Horton because he is KNOWN for stealing receptions away from WR"..

Is it because Horton is a 7th rounder so if he makes a mistake he's supposed to? If he does good you go crazy?

If Landry does something good it's because he's supposed to, but if he makes a mistake... you go crazy?>

Archived