Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Horton...dare I say it?

dwbiggs

Landry is a complete non-factor in this defense. You don't need an all-world safety (and top 10 draft pick) to play 30-yards back to prevent the deep ball. You can put an average player back there.... and he'll make about the same amount of plays as Landry has.... which isn't hard to do.

Is he better than Horton? I say Yes.

the fact of the matter is horton is not only having a better start to his career so far than landry but a better career so far than Landry...Maybe it cause i was spoiled watching sean taylor make plays and always be around the ball...but landry doesnt make game changing plays...he has 0 career picks....(I know he had 2 in the playoffs) But in the regular season he has a goose egg. Hes good dont get me wrong hes just not progressing as fast as I hoped, I thought hed be at the top in INT's this season especially after that seattle playoff game.

guys Landry is the LONE safety back there a LOT ... he doesnt give up deep balls..yo know the other team gets paid to play too right? ...you arent gonna stop 100% of the passes im sorry..this isnt tecmo bowl =p landry isnt forcing turnovers i give you that but dont act like hes getting burned because you're wrong...

the fact of the matter is horton is not only having a better start to his career so far than landry but a better career so far than Landry...Maybe it cause i was spoiled watching sean taylor make plays and always be around the ball...but landry doesnt make game changing plays...he has 0 career picks....(I know he had 2 in the playoffs) But in the regular season he has a goose egg. Hes good dont get me wrong hes just not progressing as fast as I hoped, I thought hed be at the top in INT's this season especially after that seattle playoff game.

I think Landry might be injured. Seriously. There's something about him that shies away from contact lately after Jacobs knocked him out in Week 1. I first noticed it when he watched TO stroll into the endzone in Dallas, but last night, one play sticks out in my mind...

Hines Ward catches the ball in the middle at the 1 yard line and Carlos Rogers grabs him... London Fletcher comes into help out and forces Ward to the ground, keeping him out of the endzone. Meanwhile, Landry is two feet away watching.

Production-wise... Taylor... No. Landry... Yes. In half a season being a part-time starter due to injuries and being behind Reed Doughty, he's already done more than Landry did all season, including the playoffs.

not a chance. Two INTs were off of tips and he has been out of position numerous times and he was at fault for not being over the top against the cowboys and gave up TWO TDs in that game.

not a chance. Two INTs were off of tips and he has been out of position numerous times and he was at fault for not being over the top against the cowboys and gave up TWO TDs in that game.

I don't think Horton should be apologizing for being around the ball at the right time... Tip ball or not, being in position to get those tip balls or recovering fumbles is part of the game.

Is he better than Horton? I say Yes.

You are saying "yes" based on draft position and hype. Not from what you've seen on the field (ie. production).

LaRon hasn't done anything of any significance this year since he broke up a deep pass in the Saints game. He had a couple of picks in the Seahawks playoff game last season.... LATE in the game... but other than than.... a few late hits for penalties last season.... he's done nothing.

I'd rather use the money we're going to be paying him... and upgrading the offensive/defensive lines.

If all we're going to do is put a big hitter back there.... we can go with Kareem Moore and his minimum salary.

stats are misleading. He has two INTs off of picks being in the right place at the right time.

Landry is better. Horton has blown coverages... twice in the Cowboys games that lead to TDs on those plays.

You are saying "yes" based on draft position and hype. Not from what you've seen on the field (ie. production).

LaRon hasn't done anything of any significance this year since he broke up a deep pass in the Saints game. He had a couple of picks in the Seahawks playoff game last season.... LATE in the game... but other than than.... a few late hits for penalties last season.... he's done nothing.

I'd rather use the money we're going to be paying him... and upgrading the offensive/defensive lines.

If all we're going to do is put a big hitter back there.... we can go with Kareem Moore and his minimum salary.

How do you know what my "yes" is based on?

It is based on impact of the defense (ie produciton). I don't think stats are necessarily the 100% indicator of production.

Horton had two INTs off of tips. One INT was a design where he sprinted underneath the receiver and the QB threw it to him.

Laron is preventing the deep ball and playing a great safety position. And if you use the Rams long ball as an indicator it was obviously not to his side and the CB was left alone on an island by design.

Horton had botched assignments that allowed TDs TWICE against the Cowboys. Horton admited it himself. Greg Blache himself said one day Horton could be as good as you guys (media) thinks he is.

He was a heck of a steal for a 7th rounder and Laron isn't playing up to first round draft status, but... Landry is a better player... I think Greg Blache would even tell you that.

I don't think Horton should be apologizing for being around the ball at the right time... Tip ball or not, being in position to get those tip balls or recovering fumbles is part of the game.

I didn't ask for his apology. He makes rookie mistakes and they are pointed out by himself and Blache, I don't think Landry was making the same rookie mistakes.

My point is I think Landry is a better player.

still... Horton was a great steal for us and exceeding earlier expectations.

Laron is preventing the deep ball and playing a great safety position. And if you use the Rams long ball as an indicator it was obviously not to his side and the CB was left alone on an island by design

Teams have been throwing at Carlos.... and Smoot.... and Torrence. All in deep and intermediary routes.

Tell me exactly where the hell has Landry been..... since apparently he doesn't seem to be providing any help to these corners? The guy is invisible. He's not reading the play.... he's not reading the QB.

That's why he's not anywhere near the ball.

My god.... Rogers is playing at a Pro Bowl level.... and yet teams have thrown his way 80 times thus far this season.

And apparently, Landry is SUCH an imposing force... for a guy who's done ABSOLUTELY darn near nothing in this league... that teams are avoiding throwing at him?

Stop being dense.

Teams have been throwing at Carlos.... and Smoot.... and Torrence. All in deep and intermediary routes.

Tell me exactly where the hell has Landry been..... since apparently he doesn't seem to be providing any help to these corners? The guy is invisible. He's not reading the play.... he's not reading the QB.

That's why he's not anywhere near the ball.

My god.... Rogers is playing at a Pro Bowl level.... and yet teams have thrown his way 80 times thus far this season.

And apparently, Landry is SUCH an imposing force... for a guy who's done ABSOLUTELY darn near nothing in this league... that teams are avoiding throwing at him?

Stop being dense.

dense? Can you not admit the blown assignments by Horton or give me examples of Landry's blown assignments? Did it occur to you that LaRon may have been giving support on another part of the field and the CB had one-on-one with the WR? I'm sure it's happened both ways

ok, well Horton himself will admit he blew coverage in BOTH TDs against the cowboys...

http://www.truveo.com/Chris-Horton-929/id/940985107

ST didn't have a lot of pics his first few years, yet I'd say he was playing at a high level. stats are misleading.

The worse player in our history (Stanley Richard) had five picks with the Chargers, but I'd say he was horrible and he was a first round draft pick.

Are you saying this because Horton has more picks than Landry? I'm dense because I feel Landry is better?

I think Horton is playing very well.

Ask Greg Blache or any of the teammates that play with both of them and then call them dense when they tell you LaRon is better. But, I'm sure you know more about the D than them.

he's been getting personal fouls and block in the back penalties..thank god Horton is back there..
\

Horton IS a player who is reading the plays accurately.... which is why he's in a position to make plays so often. That's not by coincidence.

Regardless of physical ability.... there's a certain x-factor that players have... for understanding the game.

he's been getting personal fouls and block in the back penalties..thank god Horton is back there..

Horton has been back there?

http://www.truveo.com/Chris-Horton-929/id/940985107

He's playing well, but he's no pro-bowler.

I guess because he was a 7th rounder you overlook the blown assignments and go crazy when he makes a tackle.

When Laron makes a tackle you expect it, but go crazy if a deep ball is completed on one of our inept CBs.

dense? Can you not admit the blown assignments by Horton or give me examples of Landry's blown assignments? Did it occur to you that LaRon may have been giving support on another part of the field and the CB had one-on-one with the WR? I'm sure it's happened both ways

ok, well Horton himself will admit he blew coverage in BOTH TDs against the cowboys...

You know what? There isn't a single player on this Redskins defense that hasn't blown a coverage at least twice. Give it up.

Remember Shawn Springs last year was abused by TO for 4 touchdown passes? Get over it.

Are you seriously going to downplay EVERYTHING the kid has done... because of 2 plays.

But you aren't going to point out a single mistake of Landry?

That's being dense.

Sean was special ... He in my opinion, was the face of the Redskin franchise. He had a rocky road ... but, was evolving both as a human being as well as an outstanding football player.

It would be unfair to compare him to Sean for obvious reasons. But, make no mistake Chris Horton is HERE to STAY. He is a football player, and the Skins need more guys with his kind of football accumen, and playmaking abilities.

He is certainly having an outstanding rookie year ... DARE I say better than Carlos "butter fingers" Rogers!

Not sure about that. I think ST had much better range at FS and Laron could be a much better SS than FS...

ST had better range than just about anyone to ever play the safety spot. You can't say that LaRon makes a better SS just because he's not as good as ST was at FS... it's just not a fair comparison.

stats are misleading. He has two INTs off of picks being in the right place at the right time.

Isn't being in the right place at the right time 90% of the battle in a league where just about every player has great athletic ability?

He reminds me more of a guy like Polamalu...a guy who somehow magically is always in the right place at the right time. A guy that can cover but also gets up to the line so fast to stop the run and make plays in the backfield.

At the very least he has the hair.

He is certainly having an outstanding rookie year ... DARE I say better than Carlos "butter fingers" Rogers!

Actually, I was pretty hyped about Carlos Rogers after his rookie year... He only started a few games due to Williams favoring Walt Harris, but he had a couple interceptions, one on Drew Brees, and some nice hits such as one on Boldin. It was his idiotic dancing and constantly being burned in 2006 that really soured me...

But he has played better in 2007 and 2008.

You know what? There isn't a single player on this Redskins defense that hasn't blown a coverage at least twice. Give it up.

Remember Shawn Springs last year was abused by TO for 4 touchdown passes? Get over it.

Are you seriously going to downplay EVERYTHING the kid has done... because of 2 plays.

But you aren't going to point out a single mistake of Landry?

That's being dense.

TWICE in one game... for TDs...

I'm going to point out flaws to support my arguement that Landry is better even though I think Horton is good.

Are you going to point out any single mistake by Landry? And don't say the long ball on the CB. Landry has been over the top when he's supposed to and I can't recall him getting burned for a long run.

give it up... or are you just trying to be Die Hard.

ST had better range than just about anyone to ever play the safety spot. You can't say that LaRon makes a better SS just because he's not as good as ST was at FS... it's just not a fair comparison.

Isn't being in the right place at the right time 90% of the battle in a league where just about every player has great athletic ability?

At the very least he has the hair.

I guess if he's doing his assignment its being in the right place. Covering the TE and a tipped pass intened for another WR is coming down to you. You catch it.

Horton has been a beast, no doubt about it. He has far exceeded anyone's expectations.

Archived