Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm not confident with Jason Campbell at the helm

redskins0756

For the most part the Jason Campbell "haters" have been silenced this season. He has managed the game well according to the experts (which really is just a euphemism for not doing anything incredibly stupid and handing it off to your running back) and has won games. But what I saw today was another instance of us needing to come behind and win a game, yet Jason Campbell could not do it.

Might I remind you that in all 3 of our losses this season we have put the ball in the hands of Jason Campbell and said win us the game son. Yet he hasn't been able to execute. In all of our wins we have essentially held the lead at the end and asked the defense to step up and Clinton to carry the load.

In the National Football League you can not expect week in and week out for your running game to bail you out. You have to rely on the arm of your quarterback to engineer drives to win games. I have yet to see Jason Campbell do this in his career. He didn't do it last year and has yet to do it this year. The only reason why we are 6-3 is that our defense has played tremendously and our running game is back to its 2005 form. Well look at today. Our defense collapsed at critical points in the game, Clinton was stuffed, and we said JC here's the rock make some plays.

What did he do? Well he threw 2 interceptions, a completion percentage that for most of the game was under 50% until garbage time, and overthrew the ball numerous times on very easy routes. We can talk about playcalling, defensive collapses, the lack of a running game, and a poor performance by the offensive line.

But what I saw in this game was another example of why Jason Campbell has yet to progress to level of an NFL quarterback. We traded up in the draft and gave up multiple picks to get him. A quarterback is supposed to be able to put a team on their shoulder and through adversity win games for you. I don't think that Jason Campbell can do that.

If you think he can feel free to express your opinion. This is only my take on the situation and I'm open to listening to others.

campbell may never be a big game quarterback. but as long as he continues to be mistake free and accurate, i'll take him over 90% of the quarterbacks in the league.

he had a bad game tonight. everyone does. let's just hope he comes back and kicks some cowboy *** in two weeks.

Oh yeah? Were you uncomfortable after the Dallas game too?

How about Philly?

St. Louis? He didn't fumble...

but you wait til now? when there was a nothing but pressure in his face to say you aren't comfortable?

If I said it once, I'll say it a million times . . . there are a bunch of retards on these boards.

lighten up Francis...he's playing great....just a bad night with sick pressure and horrible play calling.

He's playing great because his entire season has been masked by a great running game and defense. He hasn't been asked to do anything to win us games. Yet in the 3 games that we needed him, surprisingly we are 0-3 in those games.

I just haven't seen the progress yet to give this guy the praise that everyone has been giving him. He had his chance at home, on the big stage to make a statement. He failed to do so and not only that had probably his worst game as a Redskin.

Yes Pittsburgh is the number 1 defense in the NFL, but when he had time to throw and needed to make plays he didn't.

Every QB has bad games and good games. You couldn't expect him to go all season without hitting a bump on the road. If we are patient with his mistakes (they have been few this season, thankfully) he'll eventually pay off down the road.

*edit* Not to mention he was sacked 7 or 8 times and was facing the best defense in football.

Oh yeah? Were you uncomfortable after the Dallas game too?

How about Philly?

St. Louis? He didn't fumble...

but you wait til now? when there was a nothing but pressure in his face to say you aren't comfortable?

If I remember correctly Clinton Portis won us the Dallas game bud :rolleyes:

We had 203 yards rushing against Philadelphia if you watched the game you knew we won the game again with CP

Saint Louis we said here's the ball make some plays. Well he couldn't even do it at home against a winless team at the time.

Its not really that Campbell is not a bad QB, he doesn't seem to get to that next level. He's a great manager but you can't put the entire game on his shoulders because he is not an elite QB. But, every team doesn't have an elite QB, and we as fans should expect these types of games, where the QB needs to step it up for a win.

This was Campbell's chance to show everyone that he's an elite QB and he didn't...

There wasn't a blessed thing Campbell could do about the lack of blocking out there. How was any of that his fault. Zorn got completely outschemed and outcoached. He's still green. This thing is bound to happen, particularly against a D as good as Pittsburgh.

The 6-2 start caught people a little off-guard. Keep expectations realistic. Zorn is still learning.

But what I saw today was another instance of us needing to come behind and win a game, yet Jason Campbell could not do it.

If you think he can feel free to express your opinion. This is only my take on the situation and I'm open to listening to others.

Come on dude. Don't start this.

Campbell played poorly against the #1 defense

-Zorn was outcoached

-The line got whipped

-Moss was out for most of the second half

You can hang it on Campbell but look at the whole picture. Spread the blame all around where it belongs.

:cheers:

If I remember correctly Clinton Portis won us the Dallas game bud :rolleyes:

We had 203 yards rushing against Philadelphia if you watched the game you knew we won the game again with CP

Saint Louis we said here's the ball make some plays. Well he couldn't even do it at home against a winless team at the time.

oh ok so his 1800 yards 8 tds and 0 ints prior to tonights game had absolutely nothing to do with our wins? i mean we havent blown ANYONE out at all this year so it would seem to me those 8 TDs and ZERO ints had a helluva lot to do with our winning...its doesnt take a genius to see this...he isnt tom brady but he is a good QB who is growing in this offense, look at what the browns did to the giants ..everyone has a bad game thats why the season is 16 games

I dont remember one instance in the game tonight when he had time to throw...he was running for his life the whole game.

Then you weren't watching the game because I saw plenty of times where he had time to throw and either overthrew his receiver or held onto the ball too long and got sacked. Yes the protection was terrible at certain points, but that's also because they were sending more than we could block.

I can point to 2 specific plays in which JC looked like he didn't know what he was doing. On the ensuing possession after the interception he threw a pass on third down to ARE that was way behind him. Would have kept the drive alive, he was not pressured intensely on that play.

Second one is the tipped interception he threw. Threw high once again to Clinton Portis who tried to catch it but it was then intercepted.

These are the plays I'm talking about. He is given the opportunity and can't take advantage.

He's playing great because his entire season has been masked by a great running game and defense. He hasn't been asked to do anything to win us games. Yet in the 3 games that we needed him, surprisingly we are 0-3 in those games.

I just haven't seen the progress yet to give this guy the praise that everyone has been giving him. He had his chance at home, on the big stage to make a statement. He failed to do so and not only that had probably his worst game as a Redskin.

Yes Pittsburgh is the number 1 defense in the NFL, but when he had time to throw and needed to make plays he didn't.

Man your just an...:doh: not real bright...

JC won us the Saints game, The Cardinals game, the Lions game, and played huge games against the Iggles and the Cowboys...The Steelers make all QB's/offenses play like this...Don't believe me look it up, they're #1 overall and against the pass for a reason.

Archived