Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm not confident with Jason Campbell at the helm

redskins0756

All of you Campbell defenders need to understand that this is the second game where Portis for the most part was ineffective and Campbell had the carry the game on his shoulders. The first game was against the Giants.

What about the Cardinals game, genius? Portis had 21 carries for 68 yards, but Campbell was 22-30, 193 yards and 2 TD's in a win. I know, why let facts get in the way of a good story. Portis has been ineffective before and Campbell has led the Skins to victory.

Man your just an...:doh: not real bright...

JC won us the Saints game, The Cardinals game, the Lions game, and played huge games against the Iggles and the Cowboys...The Steelers make all QB's/offenses play like this...Don't believe me look it up, they're #1 overall and against the pass for a reason.

Clueless.... Any QB can tear apart a team when your running back averages 5 yards a carry.

Its not really that Campbell is not a bad QB' date=' he doesn't seem to get to that next level. He's a great manager but you can't put the entire game on his shoulders because he is not an elite QB. But, every team doesn't have an elite QB, and we as fans should expect these types of games, where the QB needs to step it up for a win.

This was Campbell's chance to show everyone that he's an elite QB and he didn't...[/quote']

We traded up in the draft with the expectation of him being an elite QB.

Why would we trade multiple draft picks and pay the guy good money if we didn't want him to be our QB? Doesn't make sense to me that statement.

Why would we trade multiple draft picks and pay the guy good money if we didn't want him to be our QB? Doesn't make sense to me that statement.

Well Heath Shuler should retired a few years back and been a HoF soon, but hey, how'd that work out?

All of you Campbell defenders need to understand that this is the second game where Portis for the most part was ineffective and Campbell had the carry the game on his shoulders. The first game was against the Giants.

Right and all you Campbell haters need to realize that these were probably the two worst games by our oline...they were manhandled in both games, and we were just flat-out out coached...

What about the Cardinals game, genius? Portis had 21 carries for 68 yards, but Campbell was 22-30, 193 yards and 2 TD's in a win. I know, why let facts get in the way of a good story. Portis has been ineffective before and Campbell has led the Skins to victory.

Brett Favre had a career game vs. the Cards. So did Jake Delhome. Get your facts straight about a soft cards defense before you start throwing names around. I would like to put Campbell in the top List of Qbs, but Its just not happening.

Its not really that Campbell is not a bad QB' date=' he doesn't seem to get to that next level. He's a great manager but you can't put the entire game on his shoulders because he is not an elite QB. But, every team doesn't have an elite QB, and we as fans should expect these types of games, where the QB needs to step it up for a win.

This was Campbell's chance to show everyone that he's an elite QB and he didn't...[/quote']

Campbell reminds me of Trent Dilfer. Decent enough to get you by in a game, but nowhere near good enough to take over one.

Man your just an...:doh: not real bright...

JC won us the Saints game, The Cardinals game, the Lions game, and played huge games against the Iggles and the Cowboys...The Steelers make all QB's/offenses play like this...Don't believe me look it up, they're #1 overall and against the pass for a reason.

Like I said they're number 1 overall, correct. However when given chances he did not produce. Threw passes high the entire game (and those were not under pressure) and held onto the ball too long. Give me a break he's at home, it's a must win. At least have a respectable game.

Campbell reminds me of Trent Dilfer. Decent enough to get you by in a game, but nowhere near good enough to take over one.

You say this after 9 games into a new offense which he's learning - the same type of offense that Steve Young has said it takes 3 years to learn?

Right and all you Campbell haters need to realize that these were probably the two worst games by our oline...they were manhandled in both games, and we were just flat-out out coached...

Great, our starting Qb will have average stats when having a dominating running game and average offensive line play, and totally stink when faced with pressure. Good point.

Like I said they're number 1 overall, correct. However when given chances he did not produce. Threw passes high the entire game (and those were not under pressure) and held onto the ball too long. Give me a break he's at home, it's a must win. At least have a respectable game.

At home with 30k Steelers fans

That said, not all of his balls were too high, and some of his passes were money.

hes still learning and growing ...what exactly do you want to happen? bench him for collins? for colt? ..are you serious? ....lololololol

How does throwing passes high and completely missing receivers (when not under pressure) warrant a comment that we were "out coached". In certain points of the game we were, but look he had his chances and didn't execute.

He's playing great because his entire season has been masked by a great running game and defense. He hasn't been asked to do anything to win us games. Yet in the 3 games that we needed him, surprisingly we are 0-3 in those games.

wow....Have you forgotten the saints game, Dallas game, Philly game, seriously. The Rams game he marched us down the field and we got the go ahead td, its not his fault that torrence couldn't cover avery on a deep pass. Sure he played bad tonight and against pitt but who did play good?! Seriously, we were just beat down tonight in every aspect.

lol he had a bad game...there is no doubt..but dont act liek he had time because he didnt dont try to justify your silly thoughts with false statements

hes still learning and growing ...what exactly do you want to happen? bench him for collins? for colt? ..are you serious? ....lololololol

Where did I say I wanted to bench Jason Campbell? I only said that I am "not confident" with him as our QB. Doesn't mean I want him benched, I just don't see him as the long term solution that our executives and coaches think he will be.

He has had 28 starts in the NFL and this is his 4th year. He's had enough "learning and growing" he should be able to produce in critical situations.

Portis didnt avg 5 ypc against NO, or AZ...Genius, if you're gonna throw out stats research them first...

4.6 against NO, and against AZ, he averaged way over 5 ypc in the second half when the skins took over. Your argument is terrible, move on.

Where did I say I wanted to bench Jason Campbell? I only said that I am "not confident" with him as our QB. Doesn't mean I want him benched, I just don't see him as the long term solution that our executives and coaches think he will be.

He has had 28 starts in the NFL and this is his 4th year. He's had enough "learning and growing" he should be able to produce in critical situations.

Well its all moot buddy, Zorn is confident in him.

Archived