Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm not confident with Jason Campbell at the helm

redskins0756

Defenses don't only "fear" QBs when they throw TDs...they "fear" (respect) QBs when they're able to consistently move the chains through the air and hit the intermediate and long ball with success regularly.

Teams could care less if you move the chains. THey could give a **** if you run up 600 yards in a game if you only score 13 points while they score 20. Moving the chains doesn't cut it, scoring does.

For the most part the Jason Campbell "haters" have been silenced this season. He has managed the game well according to the experts (which really is just a euphemism for not doing anything incredibly stupid and handing it off to your running back) and has won games. But what I saw today was another instance of us needing to come behind and win a game, yet Jason Campbell could not do it.

Might I remind you that in all 3 of our losses this season we have put the ball in the hands of Jason Campbell and said win us the game son. Yet he hasn't been able to execute. In all of our wins we have essentially held the lead at the end and asked the defense to step up and Clinton to carry the load.

In the National Football League you can not expect week in and week out for your running game to bail you out. You have to rely on the arm of your quarterback to engineer drives to win games. I have yet to see Jason Campbell do this in his career. He didn't do it last year and has yet to do it this year. The only reason why we are 6-3 is that our defense has played tremendously and our running game is back to its 2005 form. Well look at today. Our defense collapsed at critical points in the game, Clinton was stuffed, and we said JC here's the rock make some plays.

What did he do? Well he threw 2 interceptions, a completion percentage that for most of the game was under 50% until garbage time, and overthrew the ball numerous times on very easy routes. We can talk about playcalling, defensive collapses, the lack of a running game, and a poor performance by the offensive line.

But what I saw in this game was another example of why Jason Campbell has yet to progress to level of an NFL quarterback. We traded up in the draft and gave up multiple picks to get him. A quarterback is supposed to be able to put a team on their shoulder and through adversity win games for you. I don't think that Jason Campbell can do that.

If you think he can feel free to express your opinion. This is only my take on the situation and I'm open to listening to others.

I'm not confident with you at a keyboard.

Teams could care less if you move the chains. THey could give a **** if you run up 600 yards in a game if you only score 13 points while they score 20. Moving the chains doesn't cut it, scoring does.

Then why stack the box? Let your running back get his 100 yards, as long as he doesn't get inside the end zone, right? 3-and-outs are overrated...

"Teams could care less if you moved the chains"...yeah, right lol...

I remember reading a stat that JC has a losing record when CP does not rush for 100 yards.

Take it for what it's worth

Well what it's worth is that we can't win by giving this guy the ball and saying win us games.

Everyone says we didn't get this guy to be an elite quarterback. Well then why the hell did we trade up in the draft in the FIRST ROUND to get this guy. If you expected a game manager ask Trent Dilfer to come out of retirement.

I'm not confident with you making any decent satirical comments :rolleyes:

You should be, I'm quite good at it.;)

But considering he has already brought us back agaisnt Arizona and New Orleans this year alone there is much reason to question your analysis. The brunt of Jason Campbells problems was how poorly the O-line played, and getting away from the run. Ask Tom Brady about it, he still remembers the last SB he was in and how that worked out. Or does he suck as well?

He's playing great because his entire season has been masked by a great running game and defense. He hasn't been asked to do anything to win us games. Yet in the 3 games that we needed him, surprisingly we are 0-3 in those games.

I just haven't seen the progress yet to give this guy the praise that everyone has been giving him. He had his chance at home, on the big stage to make a statement. He failed to do so and not only that had probably his worst game as a Redskin.

Yes Pittsburgh is the number 1 defense in the NFL, but when he had time to throw and needed to make plays he didn't.

If I'm correct wasn't he vital in getting us down the field to score a TD and take the lead against the Rams and our defense couldnt hold. Wasn't it Campbell that helped engineer a comeback on the Saints when we were down 9 in the 4th quarter. Hey if you can't see that he's highly improved with Jim Zorn behind him, that's fine. Some of you fans just dont have any patience considering he's still learning yet another new offense. I personally have seen enough to get me on board. Any other QB on our team wouldn't be doing as well, I'd bet big money on that one.

You should be, I'm quite good at it.;)

But considering he has already brought us back agaisnt Arizona and New Orleans this year alone there is much reason to question your analysis. The brunt of Jason Campbells problems was how poorly the O-line played, and getting away from the run. Ask Tom Brady about it, he still remembers the last SB he was in and how that worked out. Or does he suck as well?

Not quite but good try ;)

Unfortunately comparing apples and oranges doesn't work. You're comparing the work of a quarterback in the Super Bowl which was one game. He also brought his team to the first undefeated regular season since the 72' Dolphins which you fail to mention. While you provide 2 games in which Jason Campbell helped us to victory I just haven't seen him consistently take leadership of this team and win games. Bad playcalling, poor protection schemes, a lack of a running game certainly attribute to a sputtering offense but certainly Jason Campbell didn't help his case by having such a poor performance.

I think a lot of his play has been masked by this great defense we've had and excellent running game. When those went down the tubes, it exposed Campbell.

If I'm correct wasn't he vital in getting us down the field to score a TD and take the lead against the Rams and our defense couldnt hold. Wasn't it Campbell that helped engineer a comeback on the Saints when we were down 9 in the 4th quarter. Hey if you can't see that he's highly improved with Jim Zorn behind him, that's fine. Some of you fans just dont have any patience considering he's still learning yet another new offense. I personally have seen enough to get me on board. Any other QB on our team wouldn't be doing as well, I'd bet big money on that one.

Once again enough of the "new offense" excuse. There's a guy by the name of Byron Leftwich who looked just fine out there on the road, coming in off the bench and on his 3rd team in 3 years.

JC just hasn't done enough to make me confident that he'll lead us down the stretch. The games you mentioned we had everything else clicking, but when the going gets tough and we ask him to make plays I just don't see him doing it.

Here we go again, win he's winning, everyones on his jock, he loses, now your not confident with him at the helm........go jump on another teams bandwagon then, we dont need you, sheeeeesh, maybe if #22 can hold on to a dam INT we would have a better outcome......

not really everyone .... i was happy we won games, but i never felt JC won them for us .... i am not sold on the man as our QB of the future and I hope we have some competition next spring

not really everyone .... i was happy we won games, but i never felt JC won them for us .... i am not sold on the man as our QB of the future and I hope we have some competition next spring

I agree. When we ask him to win games he can't. I am fed up with excuses made for JC when he should by now have progressed to the point that we can put confidence in him.

Look at how Lefwich was given the confidence of the coaching staff and stood still during blitzes and delivered throws. I would like to see JC start making plays like that consistently to win us games down this stretch.

He was sacked SEVEN times.

SEVEN times when his top WR isn't even playing. (For most of the game)

I'm willing to give him benefit of doubt on this game.

How can you when right in front of your face on the other side of the ball was a guy who has been on his 3rd team in 3 years, Holmes was coming off a suspension by Tomlin and was fighting off the rust (their top tight end Miller was injured too), and he is able to engineer two long TD drives?

Still giving him the benefit of the doubt?

The first BAD game of the year JC has had, and people don't feel comfortable with him. Oh yeah, wasn't he also getting raped the whole game?

Weren't both Pitt QB's? We got 5 sacks on them and nobody talks about that.

Also Leftwich comes in and outplays Campbell handily. Now before yous say JC has been in a new system it seems like every year. Leftwich has been on 3 teams in the last 3 years and is the BACKUP.

He didn't have a great game against the NYG so I don't know what you're talking about. He has played well this season but it helps when you have your running game and defense carrying this team.

How can you when right in front of your face on the other side of the ball was a guy who has been on his 3rd team in 3 years, Holmes was coming off a suspension by Tomlin and was fighting off the rust (their top tight end Miller was injured too), and he is able to engineer two long TD drives?

Still giving him the benefit of the doubt?

Absolutely.

Is Holmes coming off suspension really an argument? It was more like his own personal bye week. Saying he has rust is like saying a team coming of their bye isn't dangerous because of rust.

I'm much more concerned with the o-line play than with Campbell. Also, you can't blame JC for the defense getting shown up by Byron Leftwich. JC didn't drop an easy INT.

Archived