Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/980: Santana Moss - game time decision - (Merged)

pico926

Zorn is making sure moss has the best chance of playing monday by not doing anything to further tweak anything, simple as that. Why you people freaking?

oh, and the argument that Moss did nothing in the eagles game is quite invalid. He drew double coverage allowing Cooley to get the catches, stretched the field and blocked downfield like a madman, both of which significantly contributed to CP's success that day.

i think it's a complete no-brainer here that santana should sit..obviously he brings a huge dimension to our game, but for anyone who thinks this game is more important than the second half of our season is just being short-sighted and illogical...

Umm... you do know that this IS the second half of the season right? There is no more time for "lets let him rest so he's good to go in the second half". THIS IS THE SECOND HALF! The playoff push starts now. The NFC East is a big cluster **** right now, and we need to put ourselves in position to win each week. What I say is... everyone puts their bumps and bruises aside for one more week, bust your ass and hit them in the mouth on Monday night, and then spend the bye week for all this precious rest that everyone keeps talking about.

Why is everyone so worried? We beat the Eagles without Moss....Lets let the Thomas make some plays.

This is ridiculous. We DID have Moss in that game. He gave opportunities to Cooley, Randle El, and Portis all by just being on the field. Just having the man on the field makes Pittsburgh sweat in their pants. If he's good enough to go, he needs to be out there. Im tired of us fans acting like a bunch of pansies and saying "ohhh, no need to worry. Its just an AFC game! lets rest up for the NFC!"

Freakin' pitiful.

IMO its good that the team knows in advance that Moss is banged up. That way he misses practice which gives Devin Thomas reps with the 1st team offense. Then if Moss is healthy Monday night great, but if not then at least Devin had a week of coaching up before his first start. Wow! Imagine, his first start might be under the bright lights of Monday night football.

Devin who?

:logo:

I hope Santana does play. We really need him b/c he's our go-to-guy. I hope both him and Randle El have a great game against the Steelers on MNF. However, if Santana does not play on MNF, hopefully James Thrash or Devin Thomas can step up in Moss' absence.

Devin who?

:logo:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1344

Devin Thomas is yet another of the Big Ten players to have a great combine performance. Thomas shocked scouts by running a 4.40 in the 40 yard dash. At 6'2" and 218 lbs., Thomas has the speed to stretch defenses and the size to go over the middle. Thomas' 40 time will have some teams thinking about him as a first round possibility, but he will likely still be taken at the top of round two.

DCS_0313.JPG

Zorn praised Thomas after Friday’s practice, saying that he has continued to learn the nuances of the Redskins’ offense.

“Devin has stepped up and really gets the idea of how the plays are called,” Zorn said.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/News___Notes__Moss_Questionable_For_Steelers_Game_1844.jsp

didn't he just say that he was going to play? can't any of our players tough things out?

You can't tough out a hamstring strain - you just make it much worse. If he makes the strain worse or turns it into a tear you are looking at 4 or 5 weeks out. Thats not something we want to risk.

This game is important but we have 3 big division games coming up and if there is even the slightest doubt they should shut him down until after the bye when he should be 100% again.

Time for Thomas to step up if Moss can't go.

Where is the faith, Moss is the man but we can win without him.. We already had a game this year where he had no catches but we still pulled a win..Have faith in the team fella's sheez!!

There is a big difference in how the defense will play when they know Moss is playing and when he isn't. Don't underestimate that. He makes some impact with just his present.

how many of the questionable s do you all think will play...Landry, Los, Rock, theres alot

Landry, Carlos, Cartwright, Portis, Horton, Samuels, etc. will definitely play.

The only one that is iffy is Santana, and that scares me. The Pittsburgh defense is already tough enough. We cant afford to lose one of our biggest weapons.

You know what worries me is that I feel like Skins players that are questionable definitely err to the side of not playing. I could see all these guys missing, though I think LL and Los will both play. But we could potentially be without Springs, Taylor, Moss, Samuels. Its hard to win without 3 of the 4 of those.

You know what worries me is that I feel like Skins players that are questionable definitely err to the side of not playing. I could see all these guys missing, though I think LL and Los will both play. But we could potentially be without Springs, Taylor, Moss, Samuels. Its hard to win without 3 of the 4 of those.

Very true. If Moss and Samuels dont play, we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Not to be the pessimist, but those are two main brothas in our offense, and without them it'll be very tough to move the ball against the Steel Curtain.

Archived