Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/980: Santana Moss - game time decision - (Merged)

pico926

Just heard a Zorn clip on sportstalk 980 in which Zorn stated Santana has not practiced and would be a game time decision. I don't know about you guys but I am worried about this hamstring. Not having Santana on the field would be a big hit to our offense scheme-wise and give the Steelers D a big advantage. Hopefully he can go full tilt on Monday and then rest for a couple of weeks for Dallas.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/10/moss_progresses_is_game-time_d.html?nav=rss_blog

Although wide receiver Santana Moss (hamstring) sat out practice for the third consecutive day, his injury has improved and he could play Monday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers at FedEx Field, Coach Jim Zorn said yesterday.

"Santana's coming right along," Zorn said. "He got rid of his soreness, he did some drill work today, but did not participate in practice.

"We'll just continue to progress. I don't want to test it to where it's going to strain. I want to test it to where it continues to feel good every day."

Despite being injured, Moss played a key role in the Redskins' 25-17 victory over the Detroit Lions on Sunday. In addition to catching nine passes - including a 50-yard touchdown - for 140 yards, Moss also returned a punt 80 yards for a touchdown.

Slowed by hamstring, groin and heel injuries in the 2007 season, Moss, who leads Washington with 42 receptions, has reemerged among the NFL's top big-play threats. He is fifth in the league with 658 receiving yards and has five touchdowns.

Moss and other injured players should benefit from an extra day off, "but you just don't know" what's going to happen with a hamstring, Moss said. "It's getting better every day. I can't tell you no more than that. That's the truth, though. It's getting better every day."

Zorn said Moss would be a game-time decision. Washington would have to make major adjustments in the passing game if Moss, the team's only consistent deep threat, sits out. "I don't want him to go out there and just play a couple of plays and then go, 'You know, it just doesn't feel very good,' "Zorn said. "I want him to go out and, if he's going to play, participate fully in the game.

Click link for rest of article....

We need him badly! Lets hope he heels up just fine and can play 100%!

Just heard a Zorn clip on sportstalk 980 in which Zorn stated Santana has not practiced and would be a game time decision. I don't know about you guys but I am worried about this hamstring. Not having Santana on the field would be a big hit to our offense scheme-wise and give the Steelers D a big advantage. Hopefully he can go full tilt on Monday and then rest for a couple of weeks for Dallas.

Ugh -- the dreaded GTD!!!

I think he'll play, and play very well. That extra day will help him. Today is only friday, he still has 2 days to rest up.

Santana WILL play.

I feel the exact same way. He's going to be a big part of this game. I see ARE having a big game against his former team too.

One thing though... when's the last time a "game time decision" has actually ended up playing for us? I dont think anyone has, which scares me. The thing about Moss is he requires double teams. If he doesnt play, that gives an already scary Pittsburgh defense another big advantage.

One thing though... when's the last time a "game time decision" has actually ended up playing for us? I dont think anyone has, which scares me. The thing about Moss is he requires double teams. If he doesnt play, that gives an already scary Pittsburgh defense another big advantage.

Portis last week :)

Also, if he doesn't play, take it as a good thing. This forces others to step up. I think we have the character that people WILL step up.

It can only help further the development of the offense. I also rather not risk further injury to a key player, by making him play. This game is NOT a must win game.

Oh ye of little faith.

No one man is that important

Injuries are a everyday occurrence in the NFL

we will deal with it and we wont cry like a bunch Cowboy fans

Moss is that important to our offense. He stretches the field, is JC's go to WR, and can make big plays happen by himself.

Im confident he will play, or Devin will have to step up sooner than expected.

Archived