Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tribal Wars (starting up again)

gchwood

in the old days, you had to ship noble packets to the village you wanted to build the noble in. it sucked and the new system is really much better, but the rules were changed mid-war for us and completely took away a serious advantage we had.

And what sucked is the people who had a major say in changing it, were the very same people we we at war with. Major conflict of interest.

Should have been done in World 3 and beyond and left World 2 alone.

Ahhh, W2. You guys *were* old school. Killer.

It's so tough now...i flirted with the idea of starting up in 42, but the amount of sheer idiocy was undoable.

If it's still around and not archived go to the P&P forum for W2 and look up Lokinder. Some truly epic posts in there.

And what sucked is the people who had a major say in changing it, were the very same people we we at war with. Major conflict of interest.

Should have been done in World 3 and beyond and left World 2 alone.

yeah, forgot to include that important nugget.

i've tried playing a couple worlds w/o ESL, and it just isn't as fun. i go back about once a year and play for a while and then get bored again. i refuse to set my alarm for attacks like i did in W2.

there are some nice new tricks that people use to cut down on farming time and such, but it is still a blackhole for all things not related to TW.

From a world of black dripping with blood. lol People just didn't know what to make of us, over 50 people that would all die in the fight for one another. They just could not figure that out. Back in the day when snooky had nothing to do with New Jersey.

ballsy...but man it got to be annoying. dude was always screaming for all of our defensive troops. lol

Haha.

All offense?

Ballsy.

I was 2:1 O: -D, with every tenth village a scouting village.

What was your guys' template for armies? We didn't have to deal with weapons or churches or any of that crap.

My fav. moment was sniping nobles in the beginning, before anyone had more than a few thousand troops. A guy from the core was sending a noble train at me, all landing within 3 seconds of first attack.
Oh, the simple times early in the game when sniping one noble at a time was all we needed to worry about.
I only had my windows mobile phone, and the latency issues exist but are predictable once you've studied them enough. I timed the latency down to ~ .1 second and ended up sniping the last two nobles with a 7.3 second delay between my phone and the TW servers.

Hardest thing I had to do in TW lol. He was incredibly pissed.

Hard? Try defending against 4000 or 5000 incoming attacks. That's when noble sniping really becomes an art form. Identify nobles, snipe them, noble your own loyalty down, re-noble lost villages ... that's when it really gets hard.

Sniping is easily defeated anyways. Eventually, I just made all my attacks snipe-proof by having all my nobles hit within a second of each other. The trick is to not send all your nobles from one village. If you send them from 4 different villages, they are almost impossible to snipe. You can also send them with full armies that way, with your fourth noble carrying defense and maybe a fifth noble just for insurance.

I would also **** with people by sending six nobles or eight nobles, all carrying appropriate defensive numbers so that if one takes it, the later ones would die. Or I would purposefully leave a window between nobles to give the defender an opportunity to snipe, but then later I would send an attack at the end of that window, and maybe an extra noble, to wipe out any sniping attempt. It was all about keeping them guessing and uncomfortable ... and scared.

I remember putting all the coordinates for my attacking villages and my targets into a spreadsheet and sorting the columns chronologically to figure out which villages to use so that I could still sleep and I could minimize the amount of tribalwars I would have to do at work. Ah ... good times.

Oh, the simple times early in the game when sniping one noble at a time was all we needed to worry about.

Hard? Try defending against 4000 or 5000 incoming attacks. That's when noble sniping really becomes an art form. Identify nobles, snipe them, noble your own loyalty down, re-noble lost villages ... that's when it really gets hard.

Sniping is easily defeated anyways. Eventually, I just made all my attacks snipe-proof by having all my nobles hit within a second of each other. The trick is to not send all your nobles from one village. If you send them from 4 different villages, they are almost impossible to snipe. You can also send them with full armies that way, with your fourth noble carrying defense and maybe a fifth noble just for insurance.

I would also **** with people by sending six nobles or eight nobles, all carrying appropriate defensive numbers so that if one takes it, the later ones would die. Or I would purposefully leave a window between nobles to give the defender an opportunity to snipe, but then later I would send an attack at the end of that window, and maybe an extra noble, to wipe out any sniping attempt. It was all about keeping them guessing and uncomfortable ... and scared.

I remember putting all the coordinates for my attacking villages and my targets into a spreadsheet and sorting the columns chronologically to figure out which villages to use so that I could still sleep and I could minimize the amount of tribalwars I would have to do at work. Ah ... good times.

;) Did it all, although I never lost a village (personally -- lost 4 in a sat account with over 3500 incoming attacks -- renobled immediately, though). I had an amazing group of guys that I worked with (mostly eastern european). So cool to see that there's someone else on ES that knows about prenobling one's own villages...lol.

TGF Excel and TW tools, eh?

I had no life. lol. Sounds like we had similar experiences on different worlds. Our tribe took down 6 different top-10 tribes, including an alliance of the top 3 when we were 4th. We had about 10 guys who were ultra-active (ie - constantly logged on, and apparently never slept). Sooooo much fun. And suuuuuccccch a time sink.

I kinda missed the deeper strategy of the first few months of gameplay. Like you said, using multiple villages to send nobles ends sniping. Stacking villages (we had around 80 guys within HC support range that were pretty active) was fun afterward, but good god....the horrendous amount of emails and updates on private forums and messaging on IRC and....oh, the horror.

Why was I tempted to play this game again? lol.

I like that I was still getting props months after I quit the game:

lol. i remember you sending me a pm with a link to a k1rja post giving me props several months after i quit. he kept me playing longer than i wanted to just because i was done right around the time the tw/ftr war started but i didn't want to quit and make it seem like i was scared of him. i must've killed 200 of his nobles in a couple of weeks.

Archived