Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Culpepper to be Cowboys starting QB vs Redskins?

TheGoodBits

Who will be the Cowboys starting QB when they come to DC?

Will Tony Romo sits to pee's poor pinkie be ready to go? Will they stick with Brad Johnson, or move on to their 3rd string QB Brooks Bollinger?

Personally, I think it will be Daunte Culpepper. It is being reported now on the ESPNews ticker that Culpepper cancelled his workout with the Chiefs tomorrow because he had a better opportunity with another team. I think that team is the Cowboys. It just seems like a Jerry Jones move. The team is struggling with their injuries, and they play the Giants this week. Jones probably feels like he needs to make something big happen quickly before his team is completely out of the running in the East.

I'm sure that some of you will say that this doesn't deserve its own thread, etc., but it does make a big difference in our NFC BEast race, with Dallas being only 1 game behind us. If my feeling is wrong, then it's wrong. But if tomorrow it's reported that Culpepper is being signed by Dallas, well, you heard it first here. :dallasuck

It'll be Romo sits to pee starting. Coming off the bye week it will be the end of his projected time frame for healing up. Plus, after they get beat by the Giants, it will get to be do or die time for them. Romo sits to pee will be in there.

Do you think that Dallas will bring in Culpepper until Romo sits to pee heals up? I agree that our game was his projected return, but broken bones can be tricky, especially on his throwing hand.

Do you think that Dallas will bring in Culpepper until Romo sits to pee heals up? I agree that our game was his projected return, but broken bones can be tricky, especially on his throwing hand.

Theres no way in hell Culpepper will come in there and run that team in a week or two or three without knowing the system.

Bring it.

Brad Johnson stunk it up last year at FedEx.

Romo sits to pee is 0-2 as a starter at FedEx.

And if memory serves the last time Culpepper came to FedEx, he and the Vikings got beat (Randy Moss vs. Sean Taylor classic match-up)

If the Cowboys need Culpepper, then Romo sits to pee's injury is more serious than we're being told and even a bye week won't be enough time for the "retired" QB to be 100% comfortable in a new system.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Culpepper came in, at least for a workout if nothing else. I saw on the ticker today they are already looking at putting Brooks Bollinger in over Brad Johnson. The Cowboys have to be considering all options at this point. That could become dire straits in a hurry.

Having said that, if Culpepper were to sign and actually play for them, it wouldn't worry me too much. I don't think he'd pick up the offense enough to run it effectively and satisfy everyone's need for the ball.

Theres no way in hell Culpepper will come in there and run that team in a week or two or three without knowing the system.

I would be inclined to agree with this, but the Cowboys are desperate... When I saw that Culpepper had cancelled his workout with KC, I thought, "What team really needs a QB right now?" After reading an article earlier about how Jones was frustrated with Johnson's performance, the obvious answer for me was the Cowboys. Certainly not a guarantee of course, there are other possibilites.

I think Culpepper would be a good fit in NE, or SF...

I thought NE, but I don't see them bringing him in at this point in the year with Cassel doing not too bad. With SF, it would just be a matter of whether Culpepper thinks that would be a better opportunity than KC. But I do think SF is the other likely team.

this reminds me... NY Giants are the luckiest team on the planet.

No doubt they are getting us at a really good time. No Romo sits to pee, no Felix, no Pacman, no Newman, and now Henry and Witten are both questionable for that game with injuries suffered against the Bucs. Among others...

But it is what it is. Sucks, but what can you do? Go out and play as well as you can with who you have.

this reminds me... NY Giants are the luckiest team on the planet.

Seriously. They seem to catch everyone at the exact right time. Lucky ****ers. As for originial topic- there's no way Dallas brings Culpepper in as a starter for 2-3 weeks. The dude hasnt even been on a football field in a year plus. It would take at least that time to get him into game shape.

no way is Culpepper coming here. Romo sits to pee is going to miss just one more game. He will be back for the Skins game. The only thing still in the air is whether it will be Brad Johnson or Brooks Bollinger that gets sacked 10 times next week.

Or Both? Not that I root for injuries even on the Cowboys, it seems awfully dangerous back there right now facing the Giants. It is almost as if you fans should be happy Romo sits to pee is out. Maybe a good spanking is just what your team needs before the bye. I wonder the same about the Skins vs. Pitts. Not that I would be happier with a loss, a win is always appreciated.

The lull before the run at the end sometimes is a huge motivator.

Or Both? Not that I root for injuries even on the Cowboys, it seems awfully dangerous back there right now facing the Giants. It is almost as if you fans should be happy Romo sits to pee is out. Maybe a good spanking is just what your team needs before the bye. I wonder the same about the Skins vs. Pitts. Not that I would be happier with a loss, a win is always appreciated.

The lull before the run at the end sometimes is a huge motivator.

We already got that spanking against the Rams. :(

If I had to guess where else culpepper is going it'd be seattle...

Hasselbeck's injury looks like it could be serious and Wallace isn't a long term answer...

No way culpepper goes to dallas with no knowledge of the system and plays before Romo sits to pee is back... unless Romo sits to pee is done for the year, in which case, so would the cowboys be so why bother with culpepper?

It doesn't make sense bringing Culpepper in. He doesn't know the offense and hasn't played in over a year but I'm for anything that will make dall ASS the laughing stock of the NFL :cheers:.

Burn in Hell dall ASS :evil: Burn in Hell

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

Archived