Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More of a 'Skins fan, or a 'Pukes hater?

AngloSackSon

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Washington, and whoever is playing Dallas.

I've heard this response to questions of team allegiance since I was a kid.

This week 'Skins fans, once again, have to struggle with their allegiances, as Dallas plays NY in a crucial NFCE game.

In the past, I must admit, I've caught myself cheering for 'Pukes losses more so than even 'Skins wins. Though our recent success against them (God Bless Joe Jackson Gibbs) has, perhaps, pacified my supreme hate and restored a rationale to my 'Skins perspective.

How do you, the Extremeskins population, find yourselves thinking as the 'Pukes could help the 'Skins, by traveling to the Meadowlands and, perhaps upsetting the Super Bowl champs?

I wish we'd stop worrying so much about what the Dallas Cowboys are up to. They aren't worth nearly the amount of time we give them.

I tend to agree with this, although probably not as strongly as you do. Because it really is a lot of fun to see them in disarray. But I have no qualms about hoping they win a game if it truly helps the Skins in some way.

Three reason to hope the Giants win on sunday, even though we could take first place if they lose.

1. The Giants record is inflated due to a backloaded schedule. They've played vs. Washington (in New York and early before we improved), @St. Louis (Even after a recent come on, still only 2-5), vs. Cincinnati (0-8), vs. Seattle (2-5), and vs. San Francisco (2-6). They have to play @Philadelphia(with a healthy Brian Westbrook), @Arizona(very tough to beat at home), @ Wahington,@Dallas, & vs. Carolina. It stands to reason that the Giants will have more losses by seasons end. Conversely, our schedule was frontloaded and most of our toughest games are behind us.

2. If the Redskins, and Giants both win, then the Skins and the Giants take a two game lead in the NFC East. This turns the division much closer to a 2 horse race, which I think is a good thing.

3. They're playing against Dallas.

I wish we'd stop worrying so much about what the Dallas Cowboys are up to. They aren't worth nearly the amount of time we give them.

They are only one game behind, (well 2 because we have the head to head). They can easily catch fire and win a couple of games. There are 14 teams in the NFC who are a threat to us. So if I won't sleep on the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams, I am defiantly not sleeping on the Cowboys. The NFC is WIDE open, like a Las Vegas prostitute.

2. If the Redskins, and Giants both win, then the Skins and the Giants take a two game lead in the NFC East. This turns the division much closer to a 2 horse race, which I think is a good thing.

Good point.

I think it stands to reason, the 'Skins would like their chances battling the Giants alone, given each teams respective schedules, and the recent histories of both teams in December.

Archived