Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking Ahead to Pittsburgh

UMDRedskins

The past three weeks, the Redskins have played fairly sloppy against less than mediocre teams. Everyone projected the Redskins to demolish these teams and be standing at a 7-1 record by now. Currently we are 6-2 looking ahead at a tough Monday night game against one of the best teams (if not the best) in the NFL. This is a chance for the Redskins to prove themselves to be one of the best. Will the Redskins be the best in the league if they defeat the Steelers? This is our chance to prove ourselves.

I think the reason we played so sloppy against Detroit and the Rams is because our team keeps looking ahead. How many times did we see Alexander in the backfield instead of Portis and the all the inactive players we had today. It seems to me that the players are concerned about next week. Hopefully the Steelers and Giants have a bloodbath type game while we eek a win against the weak Lions.

I think the reason we played so sloppy against Detroit and the Rams is because our team keeps looking ahead. How many times did we see Alexander in the backfield instead of Portis and the all the inactive players we had today. It seems to me that the players are concerned about next week. Hopefully the Steelers and Giants have a bloodbath type game while we eek a win against the weak Lions.

I don't think it has anything to do with looking ahead, but that they just can't seem to get the focus that they need to play good football consistently.

They will need that focus against Pittsburgh.

Jason

I don't think it has anything to do with looking ahead, but that they just can't seem to get the focus that they need to play good football consistently.

They will need that focus against Pittsburgh.

Jason

Your right our team has a history of getting complacent when we are doing good or had a previous season go well. Maybe it is a combination of what your thinking about being consistent and what I said of looking ahead. However the most evident thing that happened today was weak pass protection with Samuels out. Next week we should look like a completely different team but will that be enough with a strong underrated Pittsburgh team.

You want to see my guess as to what's going to happen in Pittsburgh..... check out the phrase "Wounded Knee Massacre" at Google. It isn't going to be pretty by ANY stretch of the imagination.

You better tell the inhabitants of Pittsburgh then. Sounds like they should evacuate.

(the game is at FedEx)

I think that we get up for games like this. The team knows the bye is right around the corner, it's a Monday night game, and it's at home. So, I think we have the upper hand here, and I'm guessing that the Skins will come to play. The Steelers offense is less than scary with all of the people that they have banged up or out, so if we can put up at least 21 points, we should roll. Just my guess based on the way that the Steelers are playing today and how they've played when I've watched them the past couple of weeks. They're tough on D, but I wouldn't call them the favorites coming into Fed Ex.

You better tell the inhabitants of Pittsburgh then. Sounds like they should evacuate.

(the game is at FedEx)

I know where the game is. I also know that from my memory not a single Indian left Wounded Knee. They're all buried there after the Federal Cavalry massacred them. That's what I'm refering to..... the Indians being slaughtered by the "white men". That's exactly what I see happening next Monday night.

I think we'll be OK.

We're going to have to disagree on that, Ghost. There is absolutely NOTHING that I have seen in the last three weeks that gives me even the slightest hint of hope against a team that actually has some talent and wants to win. This could be the '08-'09 version of what happened in Foxboro last year.

We're going to have to disagree on that, Ghost. There is absolutely NOTHING that I have seen in the last three weeks that gives me even the slightest hint of hope against a team that actually has some talent and wants to win. This could be the '08-'09 version of what happened in Foxboro last year.

Aren't you the same guy that said we wouldn't even win five games this year??

Forgive me if I don't buy what you're selling.

just stop.

Archived