Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's hoping Kelly will be good for the playoffs...wait, the playoffs?

shakinaiken

Hey if Zorn is right and MK can get healthy after the bye, and produce. Zorn is going to look like a genius. If not he'll IR him and get him ready for next week.

I like that Zorn had a freudian slip. I think if we keep playing the way we have I don't think playoffs are too far fetched.

Oh no, we're doomed!

It really doesn't matter unless the mediotes get a hold of it, if that happens the jinx is on.

As I sit here watching the World Series, Fox 5 aired their news preview with a headline saying something along the lines of "Week 8 and already talking playoffs? Wait till you hear Jim Zorn's slip up on camera."

He's the head coach of an NFL team that is in contention right now. If you don't plan for later in the season...whether its the stretch run or playoffs, then you won't be successful. They game plan for the current game, but they are thinking about the future, too.

Do you think he hasn't thought about addressing certain positions next year? Do you think he hasn't thought about cutting reps back from Portis to rest him for the stretch and playoffs---not to mention CP's future?

I'm glad he's planning for now but thinking about the future. He's got all of his bases covered.

He's the head coach of an NFL team that is in contention right now. If you don't plan for later in the season...whether its the stretch run or playoffs, then you won't be successful. They game plan for the current game, but they are thinking about the future, too.

Do you think he hasn't thought about addressing certain positions next year? Do you think he hasn't thought about cutting reps back from Portis to rest him for the stretch and playoffs---not to mention CP's future?

I'm glad he's planning for now but thinking about the future. He's got all of his bases covered.

thats all fine and dandy... Zorn could have thought to himself that this team is a lock for the superbowl, as long as its too himself. But saying it in front of camera is not really a good idea... though honestly i dont care, i think zorn was just being realistic, and he did say later on in the interview that the redskins have to earn the right... so its all good

Beating the Lions does nothing. After we beat the Giants at home (after the bye I think) then I will be confident about the playoffs. We need to beat NY so we can at the very least split the division with them, if not win more divisional games then them. I dont trust going in as a wildcard. We need a break the first week of the playoffs, and we need not get ahead of ourselves.

Dallas. We play Dallas after the bye.

We don't play the Giants until a couple weeks after (we could be 9-2 then :D)

Malcolm Kelly must be a really special talent, if he can be hurt so much and the coach still believes in him. I'm saying he must be a beast if we are still giving im a chance. He has not shown even a fraction of that confidence in Devin Thomas.

Yea i think the same. But Devin is still raw as a receiver and it might take him longer to adjust. He already has learned PI and hasnt done a real pass interference since the cards game (the philly game doesnt count to me). Kelly is more "polished" as a receiver and can catch anything thrown at him. Zorn must be REALLY high on him because he would have IRed him if not. They are giving him a real opportunity to rest instead of him trying to go out there and push himself and swelling occurs. Hopefully his knee responds well and he helps us kick Dallas' ass back to Little D.

Beating the Lions does nothing. After we beat the Giants at home (after the bye I think) then I will be confident about the playoffs. We need to beat NY so we can at the very least split the division with them, if not win more divisional games then them. I dont trust going in as a wildcard. We need a break the first week of the playoffs, and we need not get ahead of ourselves.

might wanna check the schedule next time...

@lions

steelers

bye

cowboys

Archived