Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Help the Homeless Walkathon - 2nd annual ES group

SkinsNatsFan

Word. Let's do this.

Alright SkinsNatsFan, count me and Who Del in.

And really, beyond just getting the shirt, helping the homeless is something that I have gotten behind in the past and will gladly get behind again. It's good to get my shirt but it's better to contribute to a cause that I care about. Two birds, one stone ftw.

We're in! More people come to this! This is a great cause and you will feel good helping out. There's nothing better than helping your fellow man or woman. Truely is a great feeling. Something I learned very recently.

• 2 weeks later...

The walk is this Saturday. Remember that there is no cost to you. $50 will be donated for every guest, so please come out and meet me and bring as many friends and family that you can. Thanks!

Take the Metro, Orange or Blue Line, to the Smithsonian Station.

We'll meet at 8:30 - 8:45 by the blue and white striped Fannie Mae Guest check-in Canopy where we turn in the forms and get the t-shirts.

We'll hold up a small sign that that says ES. I'll be wearing a Redskins coat and hat. Dress warm!

The FannieMae Employee's Guest check-in is on the Mall at 7th Street NW(Madison Street Side, Blue and White Striped Canopy).

Thanks!

Mike

Anyone who can, please come on out this morning.

Well GACOLB and I met up at the big cherry picker that said "Registration" We looked around for anything ES related but there were a ton of people. We even stopped on the route a few times to see if we could find you guys but we had no luck. Sorry we couldnt walk with you guys. But we walked it together. Pretty cool to see so many out there.

Next time we'll have to get your number so we can find you. I definitely did not expect that many people. Pretty much my entire metro car got off at the Smithsonian stop.

Well GACOLB and I met up at the big cherry picker that said "Registration" We looked around for anything ES related but there were a ton of people. We even stopped on the route a few times to see if we could find you guys but we had no luck. Sorry we couldnt walk with you guys. But we walked it together. Pretty cool to see so many out there.

Next time we'll have to get your number so we can find you. I definitely did not expect that many people. Pretty much my entire metro car got off at the Smithsonian stop.

Yeah, there are always thousands there. It actually seemed like more this year, which was great considering how cold it was.

I was at the giant blue and white tent that said Fannie Mae Guest registration. I stayed there until about 9:20, then caught up with my family on the route. Sorry we missed each other! We had a good group. Thanks to all who came!

Man that wind was not nice. At first I was holding the ES sign up with a bare hand. I didn't even realize my hand was completely numb until I tried to switch the sign to the other hand. Glad I had gloves. I wish I'd been smart enough to put them on right away.

If Fannie Mae exists next year, we'll make sure we can connect. Even if Fannie doesn't exist, hopefully the walk will be continued by another group.

Archived