Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anderson Silva, the best fighter in the world, fights TONIGHT

d0ublestr0ker0ll

To watch the fight online, watch Sopcast Channel 24267 (MMA-TV) on Saturday night. Card begins at 10pm EST.

This is your chance to see the pound for pound best fighter in the world, many would say.

Usually we keep major events in the MMA thread, but if Kimbo Slice attract(ed) your attention, this guy should drop your jaw. He has cleared out the contenders of the UFC's middleweight division so much that there remains a void.

anderson_silva_vs_chris_leben.jpg

The card is very good. The Alves/Koscheck fight should determine who fights the Welterweight Champion in the Spring (Georges St. Pierre/BJ Penn).

Middleweight championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Côté

Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Josh Koscheck

Heavyweight bout: Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior dos Santos

Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Tyson Griffin

Lightweight bout: Gray Maynard vs. Rich Clementi

Anderson Silva's opponent is up & comer, Patrick Côté. Côté has won four fights in a row since losing his first four fights in the UFC. He has found his niche and seems to be peaking. Could this be Douglas/Tyson all over again?

patrick-cote.jpgandersonsilva.jpg

this is a great card on paper, 3 great fights, & 2 good fights on the main card

i'm really intrigued about the Koscheck/Alves matchup. i can see very plausible situations for each man winning. i'm picking Koscheck in the fight, but i wouldn't bet on it.

i'm trying to find someone dumb enough to put some money on Cote

UFC 90 Countdown is tonight at 11pm(est) on Spike TV, and is followed by UFC: All Access which is focusing on Anderson tonight

i'm trying to find someone dumb enough to put some money on Cote

I would drop a few bucks on Cote. Anything can happen, like, say, a flying scissor heel hook. I don't think this is the fight to throw a hundred dollars towards an upset, but even dropping 5 bucks would give you a nice pay out. Anybody know the betting lines for this fight? It has to be so lopsided that a person betting nothing should win $10 if Cote wins.

Cote will get his ass kicked. Fine with me. I really like Anderson Silva, the dude is classly and amazingly talented. He's going to pick Cote apart.

Jk, but seriously if Anderson really is going to only fight 6 more fights I want to see him win out on a streak of KOs.

Jk, but seriously if Anderson really is going to only fight 6 more fights I want to see him win out on a streak of KOs.

Oh PISS OFF ya beavis! No, I totally agree with you, I want them all to be KO's...I love my American guys, but in a fight between a Canadian and a Brazilian...yeah, I'm going to choose Silva. I really just like that guy.

Oh PISS OFF ya beavis! No, I totally agree with you, I want them all to be KO's...I love my American guys, but in a fight between a Canadian and a Brazilian...yeah, I'm going to choose Silva. I really just like that guy.

Silva's just too entertaining and cool to root against....BTW I love the sig. I told Slacky the same thing...that's my new favorite show!

Silva's just too entertaining and cool to root against....BTW I love the sig. I told Slacky the same thing...that's my new favorite show!

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I've seen all their fights and I'm just not impressed with Cote, never have been. IMO, there is absolutely no one who can challenge Silva in 185 right now, no one. Doesn't hurt that he's a really nice, humble, respectful man. I've met Rich Franklin and love the dude, but AS killed him AND is a class act. Anyway...GO SILVA!!!

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I've seen all their fights and I'm just not impressed with Cote, never have been. IMO, there is absolutely no one who can challenge Silva in 185 right now, no one. Doesn't hurt that he's a really nice, humble, respectful man. I've met Rich Franklin and love the dude, but AS killed him AND is a class act. Anyway...GO SILVA!!!

Ill challenge you...

to a shot taking contest!!

Silva is going to demolish Cote in the first round, with knees to the headpiece.

I am MUCH more looking forward to the Koscheck/Alves fight. I know Josh is unpopular, but he's one of my top 5 favorite fighters.

I hope Gray Maynard gets his ass kicked, i ****ing hate that douchebag.

I won tickets to this fight through work so I am going tomorrow. I am pretty excited, I really have never gotten into UFC however I do like boxing, but this looks to be a good one for my first, in person, UFC fight.

You definintely picked a good one for your first. There are at least 3-4 good matches. Even though the Anderson fight will probably be one-sided it will be very entertaining for sure.

Anderson Silva was hilarious on All Access last night. he seems like he's just having alot of fun right now, but he knows when its time to get serious.

absolutely great for the sport as a whole.

You should post that hamburger gif in this thread lol

Cote is an awesome ground and pounder and I havent really been overly impressed with Silva on the ground. He can be overwhelmed IF you can get him there. but that is a BIG IF....

Silva hasn't been overwhelmed on the ground, he's been controlled. in addition, he dominated Hendo on the ground in the 2nd round of their fight. Cote has a decent ground n pound, but he doesn't have much of a submission game. if it goes to the ground Cote has less of chance in the fight, he would be better to stay standing as crazy at that sounds

You should post that hamburger gif in this thread lol

kba82t.jpg

Archived