Extremeskins

Shawn Springs = The new 50/50

FuriousD

On any given Sunday...

50/50 If he suits up he starts

50/50 If he starts he finishes

50/50 If he suits up at all

50/50 If he's on IR by the end of the year

We got to move on from this guy next year. This is rediculous! At this rate we'll be LUCKY if we get 8 games out of him.

We have to make a trade or spend a first or a second on a decent young replacement. Someone who is gonna come to play and not just pick up a game check.

I've got nothing against him personally but this has to be his last year in the B&G. :2cents:

:helmet:

Ummm. Ok.

Only that Springs is one of the best players on our team. I don't get the comparison.

I don't know, call me crazy but I would prefer one of the best players on the team on the field a little more than 50% of the time!

We are only 6 games into the season and he keeps pulling this disappearing act.

The guys making significant money and taking up a valuable roster spot. I expect more that's all.

We need to start thinking about drafting a corner, possibly in the 1st round, but that doesn't mean we need to get rid of Springs. Let's see how he can come back and hopefully he can finish out his contract here (I have no idea how long he has left on his contract, but I'll assume it's not long).

I guess we could call him 50 perCent lol.

50% :laugh: thats a good one

I thought we had to draft a CB in the 1st day of the draft given the health history of our CBs. Depth at CB is a problem for almost every team in the NFL so any CB of real NFL promise is gonna go quick in the draft. Why we drafted 2 WRs and a TE (1st day) still mystifies me.

:cheers:

On any given Sunday...

50/50 If he suits up he starts

50/50 If he starts he finishes

50/50 If he suits up at all

50/50 If he's on IR by the end of the year

We got to move on from this guy next year. This is rediculous! At this rate we'll be LUCKY if we get 8 games out of him.

We have to make a trade or spend a first or a second on a decent young replacement. Someone who is gonna come to play and not just pick up a game check.

I've got nothing against him personally but this has to be his last year in the B&G. :2cents:

Whoa, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt, his father is comatose, the best player on the team was murdered, if your mind isn't right neither is your body. He still has it he shut down TO. He got injured, all the posts about Sean's picture we want Dallas, it was emotional. I think he deserves a pass for right now, some one will step up, Carlos has and Tryon is still waiting in the wings. Chill friend....:cheers:

I kinda have to agree. I was thinking about this earlier today. Shawn Springs is a shut down kinda CB but it seems like every game I'm always looking for his name (and am amazingly surprised) when it doesn't show up on the injury report.

You can't just BE good. You have to be good AND play.

It's getting old. Maybe he is too. I'm sure we will be looking in the draft.

:logo:

are you guys SERIOUS? This guy single handedly shut down Terrell Owens for 2 quarters before he left that game.... and in doin it, he showed Rogers how to get at him. Yeah, Springs isnt as healthy as he once was, and he's getting older but the game has not passed him by yet. I hope we keep him, even if we draft a young CB so he can help to teach him. This secondary is getting younger every year, and it's people like Springs that keep players feet on the ground.

I don't know, call me crazy but I would prefer one of the best players on the team on the field a little more than 50% of the time!

Springs has had his battles with injuries for sure, but he's definitely played more then half the time.

So far he's played 4 of 6 games this season.

Last year he played in all 16 games.

He's missed 11 of 90 regular season games since he's been in Washington.

Archived