Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Riggins Maybe (Alexander)

brettstr

Does anyone remember when J. Riggins came out of retirement to Say I am bored I am broke and I am back. A year off rejuvenated him . Does anyone remember what he accomplished after he came back? Soooo why dont we give Alexander some slack and wait and see. Now proclaimed Healthy, maybe just maybe he might ignite even further the attack that the skins have been giving. Just wait and see. Ease up. Take a chill pill and enjoy the ride. You just might be surprised.

I agree, let's give alexander a chance. I think that this could be a very nice pickup and if things go well, I hope it's for alot longer than 4 weeks. If he is back to his old form of 2005, I would much rather have him than betts. The only advantage betts has, is that he is younger and doesn't have the wear and tear on his body. I personally would like people to stop with the negative talk of alexander and cheer him on. You never know what he will bring to the table. I hope in 4 weeks, he makes us all eat crow!!!

A more accurate comparison would be Ki-Jana Carter, a first overall pick the league gave up on because he couldn't stay healthy. Schothead didn't even want him, but one of his scouts talked him into it, and he put up some insane YPC in relief of Stephen Davis.

Garrison Hearst had a similar story.

EDIT: Thomas Jones. Kinda.

He says he is fully healed up. I like that because the reason for the non productive last two season is injuries. He broke his ankle or something like that and then had a string of nagging injuries. When he was healthy last time I checked he scored 28 times...not bad if you ask me. If he is even half that I would love it. Especially him being Portis' backup. When Portis goes out, I will be excited for Alexander the Great...LOL.

He may be healthy, but to get that way he had to rest and recover to heal, which means his legs aren't as strong. his upper body isn;t as strong. he is not as fast as he was.

It's going to take him this season and next offseason to be even close, but at 31 he might have a decent year left as a starter.

If he is back-up, he could be very efficient.

Comparing different era's is always tough.

Also, the 2 players were very different...Were out for different reasons.

And please don't forget folks...#44 greatness was directly linked to the hogs !!

SA has done fantastic in the NFL and for vet min there isn't much down side.

I am bummed that we didn't let rock pick up the carries.

But..then again...They haven't played yet, if rock gets a carry and does something with it...I bet SA moves to #3.

Lets just hope CP stays healthy and this is sorta a non-issue.

Archived