Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Malcolm Kelly...

SkinsAllDay34

I am in the group of people who are not giving up on this kid yet. He has real potential if he is healthy. I dont want to put him on IR (because he would not be able to practice) and just want him to overcome the early wave of injuries he has. He had his knee drained twice last week, but that isnt always a serious thing.

My question is, he wasnt on the injury report for last week's game and was just inactive, so is he gonna practice this week and have a chance of playing??

Practice amazingly is what is keeping the kid from being in games. Practice is too much for his body. Skipping practice may be the only way he is healthy enough to play on Sundays. Give him one or two plays to learn from his bed and thats it. That is the only way I see him getting into games, by not wearing him out Tuesday through Fridays.

The IR may be best for him so we can replace him with someone ready to compete.

The Redskins took a gamble and lost in my opinion. I was as high on Kelly as anyone, but this time, it appears as though the popular media was right and he's nothing more than a bust.

It's only week 7. He's been very limited but like I said, it's only week 7 of his rookie year. Give it a little more time.

I'd rather have someone limited their rookie year and be stellar the rest of their career and vice versa. He might not turn out like that but we won't know until later in his career.

I gave up on Kelly before the draft. Threw my beer in the pool when we drafted him. And shake my head every week when I hear he has this injury or that injury. I don't think he will ever be healthy. I hope one day I'll be eating a huge plate of crow...but I doubt it. Devin Thomas and Fred Davis I like. They are young and just need time. Kelly is ALWAYS hurt and there is no sign he'll ever be healthy.

I want him to play, I'm not pleased that he is injured either, but some people here attack him and criticize him like if he WANTS to be injured. i don't think that's the case, I think he is hungry to get on the field and play football and show his potential just as much as we the fans want to see him in action.

I don't want him on IR either, like one of you said, he still practices, and on IR he wouldn't, that would only set him back even further. I say, IR only as a last resort, an emergency move like to sign a player or something.

If you want to defend him, go ahead. I'm listening.

This board contradicts itsefl OVER AND OVER so much its ridiculous. Right after the draft, discussion started up about who would contribute more, talking about our 2 WRs and TE. And it was pretty much a general consensus that it was probably Fred Davis, IF ANY. They're reasoning was that "Rookie WRs RARELY have an impact their first year", as they're still getting used to how to play the game at this level.

And here we are, just after week 6, and many people around here are calling our guys busts. WTF???? You yourself said they wouldn't contribute their first year, but now their busts because they're not contributing?!?!?!?

You wanna know how many games Santana Moss played in his rookie season? 5. You wanna know how many passes he caught? 2, for 40 yards, neither were a td. Geez what a bust. Now the guy is drawing ****ing double teams against every team we face.

Now, for those who were able to attend this year's training camp, they will all say the same thing. Malcolm was arguably the most impressive WR at this year's training camp. The guy doesn't drop passes, he just doesn't. It takes a wrecking ball to get the ball away from him. Now he's hit an injury streak here in the early part of his rookie season, just like Santana did his rookie season. My bet is on seeing what the guy can do once he's healthy. I mean, ****, it worked out for Santana did it not?

This board contradicts itsefl OVER AND OVER so much its ridiculous. Right after the draft, discussion started up about who would contribute more, talking about our 2 WRs and TE. And it was pretty much a general consensus that it was probably Fred Davis, IF ANY. They're reasoning was that "Rookie WRs RARELY have an impact their first year", as they're still getting used to how to play the game at this level.

And here we are, just after week 6, and many people around here are calling our guys busts. WTF???? You yourself said they wouldn't contribute their first year, but now their busts because they're not contributing?!?!?!?

You wanna know how many games Santana Moss played in his rookie season? 5. You wanna know how many passes he caught? 2, for 40 yards, neither were a td. Geez what a bust. Now the guy is drawing ****ing double teams against every team we face.

Now, for those who were able to attend this year's training camp, they will all say the same thing. Malcolm was arguably the most impressive WR at this year's training camp. The guy doesn't drop passes, he just doesn't. It takes a wrecking ball to get the ball away from him. Now he's hit an injury streak here in the early part of his rookie season, just like Santana did his rookie season. My bet is on seeing what the guy can do once he's healthy. I mean, ****, it worked out for Santana did it not?

What he said:applause::applause::applause::applause:

But that takes thinking. Its far easier to scream bust! BUST! BUUUUUSSSSSST!

This board contradicts itsefl OVER AND OVER so much its ridiculous.

And here we are, just after week 6, and many people around here are calling our guys busts. WTF????

Yet another contradiction. It is ok to call Brooks a bust, boo him, release him after 6 weeks, but do not even think of questioning a WR who had injury problems in college and has injury problems in the pros and cannot even get on the field without pulling or spraining something!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

They're reasoning was that "Rookie WRs RARELY have an impact their first year", as they're still getting used to how to play the game at this level.

How is he "getting used to the game"? He can't play, and he can't practice without hurting himself. He can't help the team from the sidelines. He can't do anything. The best thing for his career, if he ever is going to have one, is go on IR. Let his knee heal fully, get another operation, whatever. Then come back next camp and show his stuff, whatever it is. I haven't called him a bust, but he is a bust so far, and it gets worse each week. How is he supposed to take a tackle or lay a block on that knee? If he can't play or even practice, he is hurting this team taking a roster spot and not doing himself anything but further damaging that knee. How long are we supposed to wait until he heals?

Zorn seems to be concerned with the situation and has publicly stated so. Why pick on fans when the Head Coach reflects the same concern? Maybe it's you not concerned about the team? Or maybe you think Zorn has his head up his ass? I'd give the guy another week or 2, but in the meantime Vinny should be looking for somebody to take his spot. Someone who can help this team. It ain't charity here.

How is he "getting used to the game"? He can't play, and he can't practice without hurting himself. He can't help the team from the sidelines. He can't do anything. The best thing for his career, if he ever is going to have one, is go on IR. Let his knee heal fully, get another operation, whatever. Then come back next camp and show his stuff, whatever it is. I haven't called him a bust, but he is a bust so far, and it gets worse each week. How is he supposed to take a tackle or lay a block on that knee? If he can't play or even practice, he is hurting this team taking a roster spot and not doing himself anything but further damaging that knee. How long are we supposed to wait until he heals?

Zorn seems to be concerned with the situation and has publicly stated so. Why pick on fans when the Head Coach reflects the same concern? Maybe it's you not concerned about the team? Or maybe you think Zorn has his head up his ass? I'd give the guy another week or 2, but in the meantime Vinny should be looking for somebody to take his spot. Someone who can help this team. It ain't charity here.

:notworthy

Case closed.....

Archived