Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

right time to play the browns?

marcoskins

Is there an advantage to playing a sputtering team a week after a nationally televised game?

I've always thought that teams who have nothing to lose play exceptionally risky on nationally televised games. Last night, The Browns defense deserved to be TORCHED...it was reckless blitzing at it's worst (or best). They banked on the return of "old eli", and they were right, he absolutely panics! 3 int's, one returned for a TD. The Browns now believe that it's the way to go, and may very well bring the same philosophy this week. That;s the problem with desperate teams, they are thirsty for a win, but are easily pacified when they get one, forgetting to reinvent their gameplan for a different opponent.

I believe the key to this game is Portis getting 35 carries and alot of dink and dunk passes. Wear out this defense that loves to over pursue!

i'm feeling real positive about The Skins future!

marco

This week is going to be tough for the Redskins. The Browns are a really good team that has been plagued by injuries, but now they have many of those guys back. As you can tell from last night's performance they are back to their old selves. That doesn't mean the Redskins can't beat them. It means they are going to have to play very good football to do so. :brownsuck

HTTR

Ever since the Redskins won those two games in DAllas and Philly, I really have faith in the skins ability to contend with anyone in the league and win.

I'm not scared of the browns, what should worry you is the skins shooting themselves again with dumb turnovers and mental mistakes. The skins have the muber 7th offense in the NFL so I'm not worried, I know the skins will show up.

They are going to have to be very hungry to win this game. The Browns are a solid team and with there huge win over the Giants they have to be thinking that they can go toe to toe with anyone in the NFL. The Redskins can't take this game lightly, they have to shut down the Browns early and not turnover the ball like they did this past week. The one good thing in the Redskins favor is that the Browns will have a short week of practice but again this can't be what the Redskins use as motivation, they have to play smart football.

I think it's a perfect time to play them. Basically because we have no choice. :)

Seriously, though, I think that it's GREAT that they beat the Giants. You can bet that the team will not be looking past them at all.

btw, the Giants looked past them exactly the way we looked past the Rams. The 'Skins won't. And it's at home.

Also, don't forget, playing on Monday Night at home after a LONG LONG time gives such a boost to a team. Remember the Dallas vs. Bills game last year? The Bills almost beat Dallas (they choked it away in the last seconds) but there was NO QUESTION that Dallas was better, but the Bills hadn't hosted a Monday Night game in like 10 years, and the atmosphere was ubelievable, and the team played it's heart out. I think the same thing happened to the Browns.

Next week is on our turf. I am cautiously optimistic.

I couldn't understand everybody saying "7-1, 7-1" last week. And I thought we would beat the Rams. It's the Browns I was worried about. Let's hope the team has redoubled their preparation this week, and the Browns suffer a letdown after their admirable trouncing of the gints. I already knew they were a better team than their record, and they proved it.

Sputtering? that was a pretty good Giants defense they lit up last night. The Browns are a much more talented team then the Lambs. This game concerns me some.

Why? We beat what was the best team in football three weeks ago on their turf. We also lost to the worst team in football. Cut out the turnovers in the latter and we win both with no problems. There's nothing to be concerned about. We handle our business, and we can beat anyone in this league.

Archived